Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

The Plight of Teens and Young Adults from 2006 to 2010

The Plight of Teens and Young Adults from 2006 to 2010

Political Calculations
    Oct 21, 2011

1,946,000 fewer teens and young adults between the ages of 15 and 24 were counted as having earned income of any kind between 2006 and 2010, falling from 27,360,000 in 2006 to 25,414,000 in 2010.

During that time, the population of teens and young adults rose by 710,000, from 41,702,000 to 42,412,000.

The income range of $7,500 to $9,999 saw the biggest increase in the number of teens and young adults for any of the income ranges shown on our chart, growing by 299,000 in those four years.

Meanwhile, the number of teens and young adults with total money incomes of $15,000 or less fell by 759,000, despite that dramatic increase in the number of teens and young adults with annual incomes between $7,500 and $9,999.

The federal minimum wage in 2006 was $5.15 per hour. An individual earning the federal minimum wage in 2006 and working full time for the entire year (or 2,080 hours) would have earned $10,712.

In 2010, the federal minimum wage had risen to $7.25 per hour. An individual earning the federal minimum wage in 2010 and working full time for a full year would have earned $15,080.

The net decline of 759,000 people between the ages of 15 and 24 for total money incomes of $15,000 or less represents 39% of the entire decline in the number of teens and young adults with incomes between 2006 and 2010.

But that statistic hides the fact that a total of 1,058,000 incomes for teens and young adults disappeared below the $15,000 level between 2006 and 2010. That figure represents 54% of the total decline in the number of individuals Age 15-24 with incomes from 2006 to 2010.

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/ ... page/full/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nothing perssonal Teens and Young Adults

But the Powers that be in DC seem to believe that Illegal Aliens are more important than you

you need to redirect your energy at the Politicians at the local / State / Federal Level and help BOOT their corrupt ass out of office so we can get you employeed
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Report Summary: "Illegals!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Report Summary:Illeagls!-
    I beat you too it

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Report Summary:Illegals!
    I beat you too it
    I had to summarize, your summary for the roofers in the crowd!
    I should be hiring a couple of these kids by now! "Illegals Suck!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Report Summary:Illegals!
    I beat you too it
    I had to summarize, your summary for the roofers in the crowd!
    I should be hiring a couple of these kids by now! "Illegals Suck!"
    hahahahaha