Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    BUY AMERICAN!! DEMAND CONSUMER PROTECTION!
    We are fighting a many-headed monster -
    But this head is an easy one. All we have to do is demand or buy only American Made. The globalists hate that.
    To be honest - that isn't easy or even possible for some.

I agree it is more possible than people think and it would be worth the sacrifice.

Of course, I'm an old fogey, and I could probably go the rest of what time I have left without ever darkening Wal Mart's door - or buying anything made in China, but I don't have children to dress, that need school supplies, or just things in general.

Of course, who else makes 'puters??

Maybe when we get the chicken thing done - we could work on that - but that one will take a lot of convincing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nntrixie,
    Its not just toys and computers but so many other things. I know it is tough, but I have bought a great number of used Made in America products I bought ten years ago and they still work great. I went to Wally World the other day and they had toothpicks made in China. No way would I put one of them in my mouth. It is shameful. All people have to do is take a moment to red the label. Those everyday "low Prices" are killing us in more way than one.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

jp I agree.

That's one reason I go the yard sale, thrift store route.

The small appliances I use in my kitchen are 30-40 years old, and so are my vacuum cleaners, etc.

It is just that I see the problem if one had children.

For us, if we can't find what we want, we can usually do without - make do with something else - or whittle our own toothpicks. I probably have one of what I need tucked back somewhere - sometimes two.

It is going to be a major, major job to convince a lot of other people about that - especially those with children - who of course, should be the most cautious. They are the ones, however, who have to be most careful with their money and less time to look for those things.

Goodness, if we could just convince people to not be so wasteful in their buying habits. So much of what fuels China is our addiction to just buying.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Goodness, if we could just convince people to not be so wasteful in their buying habits. So much of what fuels China is our addiction to just buying.
    You nailed it right there. That is a big part of the problem.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I sent an email to Worldnetdaily this morning.
    Great to see them respond.

Poison pajamas

Embalming fluid found in kids duds from China

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: August 20, 2007
    5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Composite wood products also use formaldehyde

China's massive export industry has provided ginger contaminated with a pesticide, fish food raised in untreated sewage and toothpaste containing a solvent – and now children's clothing containing the poison formaldehyde.

According to a report in the Auckland, New Zealand, Sunday Star Times, an investigative team from the city's TV3 Target program has detailed how scientists found formaldehyde, a chemical preservative, in wool and cotton clothing at levels hundreds of times higher than levels considered safe.

The chemical has been used as an embalming fluid and in clothing to preserve a "permanent press." It also has been used over the years in foam padding, and is used extensively in composite wood products in construction.

Research by the World Health Organization has concluded that exposure to formaldehyde in concentrations of 20 parts per million can cause eye, skin and nasal irritations, asthmas and cancer.

(Story continues below)

However, the testing for the television program resulted in some startling finds.

"Our results were shocking, ranging from 230 ppm to 18,000 ppm," Target producer Simon Roy told the newspaper, following tests on a girl's top, school shorts, a Spiderman T-shirt and pajamas.

"This is almost unbelievable. Some of the clothes Target tested having a reading 900 times the level that actually causes harm," he said.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency describes formaldehyde as "a colorless, pungent-smelling gas, [that] can cause watery eyes, burning sensations in the eyes and throat, nausea, and difficulty in breathing in some humans exposed at elevated levels (above 0.1 parts per million). High concentrations may trigger attacks in people with asthma. There is evidence that some people can develop a sensitivity to formaldehyde. It has also been shown to cause cancer in animals and may cause cancer in humans."

Roy said the children's garments also were tested for their ph level, a measure of acidity which generally creates no significant impact if the results are between 4 and 7.5.

But Roy said a pair of pants and a girl's top both had ph levels above 7.5.

Auckland mother Raewyn Rasch told the newspaper she was horrified to learn of the potential danger.

"What really annoys me is that, for mothers, kids are always coming up with scratches and marks and rashes. You ask them what they've been eating and where they've been. You wouldn't expect it to be the clothes they're wearing," she said.

She said her son's slacks, labeled 100 percent cotton, caused him a rash even after multiple washings.

Green MP Sue Kedgley called the contamination of products a series situation.

"It demands a parliamentary investigation of our complete lack of consumer protection for most products in New Zealand," she said. "Technically they are supposed to comply with the Consumer Guarantees Act but how would anyone know if it's being systematically breached when no one is looking or doing any monitoring?" she asked.

Ministry of Consumer Affairs general manager Liz MacPherson said an investigation was being launched.

"We're taking it very seriously," she told Radio New Zealand. "We're taking some urgent action to investigate it, which will involve undertaking some sample testing of products from across the market."

Dr. John Fountain, a spokesman for the New Zealand National Poisons Center, said the effects of such tainted clothing wasn't clear yet.

A spokeswoman at China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, told the Associated Press the agency, China's watchdog over product safety, wasn't aware of the problem.

The worldwide brouhaha over millions of children's toys covered with paint containing lead hadn't even subsided when this arose, officials noted.

WND earlier reported on the contamination found in ginger, when the U.S. Food & Drug Administration advised the public not to eat fresh ginger from China. That's because certain batches were found to contain the hazardous pesticide Aldicarb sulfoxide.

WND broke the story earlier that questioned whether China was trying to poison Americans and their pets when an estimated 39,000 dogs and cats died in the U.S. after eating poisoned pet food.

Among problems reported so far:

Foods imported for consumption by American humans may be, in some cases, as dangerous as the pet food. A WND study found the vast majority of imported foods rejected as unfit for human consumption by the Food and Drug Administration are from China. FDA inspectors report tainted food imports intended for American humans are being rejected with increasing frequency because they are filthy, are contaminated with pesticides and tainted with carcinogens, bacteria and banned drugs.

China, the leading exporter of seafood to the U.S., is raising most of its fish products in water contaminated with raw sewage and compensating by using dangerous drugs and chemicals, many of which are banned by the Food and Drug Administration.

The deadly contaminant found in Chinese-made toothpaste – diethylene glycol – is a solvent used in antifreeze that killed 107 Americans when it was introduced in an elixir 70 years ago.

A resurgence in lead-poisoning cases in U.S. children is being linked to Chinese imports – toys, makeup, glazed pottery and other products that contain significant amounts of lead and are being recalled by the CPSC on a regular basis.

Imports from China were recalled by the CPSC twice as often as products made everywhere else in the world, including the U.S., showed a WND study of 2007 government reports.

The rising cost of fireworks, almost all of which are made in China, as well as safety concerns and human rights concerns about the conditions of those manufacturing the products resulted in a decrease of Independence Day displays in the U.S.

WND revealed there are currently no safety standards established between the U.S. and China on food, drugs and other imports. As a result of WND's series, members of Congress began working on setting new standards.

WND revealed how China is shipping to the U.S. honey tainted with a potentially life-threatening antibiotic as well as adulterating exports with sugar.
    The scandals are having a major impact on Chinese society, too.

"The food security problems have impeded Chinese agri-products and food many times in international trade, and damaged our national credibility and image," Sun Xianze, director of food safety coordination at the State Food and Drug Administration, said recently.

"The occurrence of food safety incidents or cases not only affects the healthy development of the whole industry, but also may impact upon economic and social stability."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=57245

JAK
    Would be nice to have a room just for AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS...
    links and information!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Would be nice to have a room just for AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS...
    links and information!
    It would be JAK. My web site has all kinds of Links to just American Made. I have a section for people to submit links as well. Tomorrow. I am putting out a press release so that manufacturers can advertise as well as retailers who offer American Made.

JAK
    JP... are these links your websites????

Buy American!
    http://www.buydirectusa.com/links/index.php

Stop THE FTAA
    www.stoptheftaa.org

NO REAL ID
    http://www.nonationalid.com
    http://legislatorsagainstrealid.com
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    JAK, BUYDIRECTUSA IS. I've had the domain for nearly ten years.

JAK
    Great! I will pass it on... hopefully just in time for Christmas!!!!
    Wouldn't it be nice if all of us could by products MADE IN THE USA, for Christmas!!!!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12