Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police forces nationwide running out of ammo

Ammo shortage squeezes police forces
    Demand skyrockets partially due to wars; lack of bullets affects training
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 6:49 p.m. ET Aug 17, 2007

Troops training for and fighting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are firing more than 1 billion bullets a year, contributing to ammunition shortages hitting police departments nationwide and preventing some officers from training with the weapons they carry on patrol.

An Associated Press review of dozens of police and sheriff’s departments found that many are struggling with delays of as long as a year for both handgun and rifle ammunition. And the shortages are resulting in prices as much as double what departments were paying just a year ago.

“There were warehouses full of it. Now, that isn’t the case,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder how much of this has to do with the info I read on here a couple weeks ago about ammo? It was mentioned on a number of blog sites, and maybe citizens are buying a lot of it up before it is too late.

Good question NCByrd.This is kind of suspicious.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

IT WOULD NOT SUPRISE ME AT ALL IF SOME CITIZENS WERE ARMING THEMSELVES. ALL THE UNCERTAINTY AND VIOLENCE COULD BE PUTTING SOME ON "SURVIVAL" MODE. AND THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)