Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police threatened by gang after shooting

Sun, Nov. 04, 2007

Police threatened by gang after shooting

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have confirmed a report in a Spanish-language newspaper that authorities are concerned about possible retaliation by a Latino gang against law enforcement officials over the Oct. 12 shooting death of a man at a south Charlotte nightclub.

The Observer's news partner, WCNC-TV, said police Capt. Steve Wyllis of the Crime Intelligence Unit confirmed Friday that his department has sent a memo to other agencies, advising them that the report in the newspaper Mi Gente is accurate. The paper recently reported that members of the Salvadoran gang MS-13 (or Mara Salvatrucha) have threatened retaliation over the death of Salvadoran national Jose Hernandez Navarrete.

"There was some information, and we felt like the officers needed to be aware that traffic stops were going to be particularly an issue for them," Wyllis told WCNC. Hernandez Navarrete was killed during a shootout with two Mecklenburg County Alcoholic Beverage Control officers at the Sensations club, off Woodlawn Road. -- Steve Lyttle , WCNC

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/348049.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And they wonder why we don't want them here?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Unfortunately, until I see more police officers demanding our laws be enforced, I can't get too worked up about this story. Officers are the ones who arrest these criminals and then watch as a judge just basically lets them go. We've all read stories where an illegal has been arrested numerous times and it seems as though NOTHING HAPPENS. It's getting to the point if an officer encounters an illegal, he/she will just say "Oh, you're illegal, have a nice day." So until police make it clear that they are against the invasion, I can't feel too sorry for them.

They should be scarred. From the information I have been collecting. Law enforcement officers have been killed, beaten or wounded by Illegals by the 100's. Illegals have no resepect or fear of our law enforcement. Probably comes from their own contempt for Mexico's corrupt law enforcement carried over to our country.

Those officers should be ready to be jailed for violating the rights of any illegal they have to shoot in self defense. Should the officer be killed, his family can rest assured that we taxpayers will pay for the finest legal counsel, and the Consulate from his/her home country will also be there to provide assistance for the illegal.

We have that same problem here in Phoenix.

The Police are not doing anything to the illegals that they stop and then when one get shot and dies they want the public to feel sorry that another police officer died. I am sorry but by not enforcing the laws of the LAND you have a wreak in a car you go to jail for no license and no insurance. Here in Phoenix the illegals can be released up to 9 times before the Police do anything to the illegal. It is like FISHING WHERE YOU ARE ON THE RIVER IN THE CATCH AND RELEASE PART OF THE RIVER...
    BigMonkey

The paper recently reported that members of the Salvadoran gang MS-13 (or Mara Salvatrucha) have threatened retaliation over the death of Salvadoran national Jose Hernandez Navarrete.
    This is the beginning of how countries become corrupt. The gangs and lawless people start to "rule the country through intimidation".

This is common place in Mexico and many other Latin American countries.

North Carolina cannot allow itself to become a state where gangs and lawless people gain power and control by using these types of tactics.

Who would have ever thought we would even be having this discussion regarding the state of North Carolina!!

If the police were doing their jobs - there is no way they could be intimidated.

I realize there are probably a lot of police officers who would like to do more about illegal immigration, but I cringe when I hear or see a police officer saying, 'it's a federal problem - that's not our job to enforce federal laws'.

If they came in contact with a federal kidnapper - or bankrobber, or terrorists, they would act, woudn't they?

When I see or hear any government employee or official - that means from city police to the federal government - being anything but against illegal immigration and for law enforcement, I get sick - truly ill.