Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Political Accountability

In my own opinion, I believe the Best and ONLY way to Hold OUR Elected Officials Accountable TO THE PEOPLE is to Outlaw the Lobby.
    The pandering, and the money has gotten to the point were the Politicians listen to Corporate Interests and Special Interests more than the ones who voted them into office to begin with.
    Special Interests (MALDEF, LaRaza, Greenpeace, CodePink ect.) have a Lobby that mutes the voice of the common citizen. THIS IS WRONG!
    Corporate Interests(Lawyer Lobby, Teachers Union, Oil Companies, Power & Telecommunication Lobby ect.).

HOW can the common, the little man/woman COMPETE with those Big Money Giants?
    My suggestion...GET RID OF IT!
    Make YOUR ELECTED OFFICIAL RESPONSIBLE TO YOU!!!
    Not the Lobbyist...THE PEOPLE. Take the Lucrative PERKS out of Public office and THEN see if we can find an HONEST POLITICIAN!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

excellent suggest. but my worry would be that would only push them behind closed doors. right now i'm very pessimistic when it comes to our government and big business.

Unfortunately that limits free speech. The answer lies within a population that pays attention to their politicians and gets rid of them when they go sour.

An educational system that teaches, and reinforces American ideals has to emerge.

Just my .02 cents worth, not adjusted for inflation, ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Unfortunately that limits free speech. The answer lies within a population that pays attention to their politicians and gets rid of them when they go sour.

An educational system that teaches, and reinforces American ideals has to emerge.

Just my .02 cents worth, not adjusted for inflation, ofcourse.

Just curious roundabout, didnt McCain/Feingold "limit" free speech?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

PatriotofPast, Yes I believe McCain/Feingold does limit speech. A part of me wants to go along with it also, however the other part of me wories that we would be opening Pandora's box.

The voting public has the greater burden of paying attention to what our elected officials do, and do not do.

Perhaps some laws stiputlating greater transparency concerning lobbyist and their role with lawmakers?

Perhaps some stricter laws and penalties against coruption?

"We have staked the whole future of American civilization...upon the capcity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Re-election Money.

What we have is a two party, "evil money cult".

RE-ELECTION MONEY RULES ALL.

Re: Political Accountability

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    In my own opinion, I believe the Best and ONLY way to Hold OUR Elected Officials Accountable TO THE PEOPLE is to Outlaw the Lobby.
    The pandering, and the money has gotten to the point were the Politicians listen to Corporate Interests and Special Interests more than the ones who voted them into office to begin with.
    Special Interests (MALDEF, LaRaza, Greenpeace, CodePink ect.) have a Lobby that mutes the voice of the common citizen. THIS IS WRONG!
    Corporate Interests(Lawyer Lobby, Teachers Union, Oil Companies, Power & Telecommunication Lobby ect.).

HOW can the common, the little man/woman COMPETE with those Big Money Giants?
    My suggestion...GET RID OF IT!
    Make YOUR ELECTED OFFICIAL RESPONSIBLE TO YOU!!!
    Not the Lobbyist...THE PEOPLE. Take the Lucrative PERKS out of Public office and THEN see if we can find an HONEST POLITICIAN!
    I sure agree with this!
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

April
    Please join in and take action at:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-106336.html