Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Poll: Nearly 80% Support Palin 2012 Run

Poll: Nearly 80% Support Palin 2012 Run

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:48 AM

By: Jim Meyers

An Internet poll sponsored by Newsmax.com reveals that nearly four out of five respondents would support Sarah Palin as the Republican nominee for president in 2012.

A slightly larger majority believe the then-Alaska governor helped John McCain in the 2008 presidential race — while only 31 percent think McCain did a good job running for president.

The poll drew more than 600,000 responses, and Newsmax will provide the results to major media and share them with radio talk show hosts across the country.

Here are the poll questions and results:

1) What is your opinion of Sarah Palin?

Favorable: 83 percent

Unfavorable: 17 percent

2) Do you believe Sarah Palin as a running mate helped or hurt John McCain?

Helped: 80 percent

Hurt: 20 percent

3) In the election between McCain-Palin and Obama-Biden, who did you vote for?

McCain-Palin: 81 percent

Obama-Biden: 16 percent

Other: 3 percent

4) Would you support Sarah Palin as the Republican nominee for president in 2012?

Yes: 78 percent

No: 22 percent

5) Do you believe McCain did a good job running for president?

Good Job: 31 percent

Bad Job: 69 percent

6) Do you believe Barack Obama "bought" the White House by outspending McCain?

Yes: 72 percent

No: 28 percent

You Can Still Vote in the Newsmax Poll on Sarah Palin - Click Here Now http://news1.newsmax.com/palinresign/

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/pali ... ode=8467-1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This would be an atrocious mistake. Republicans have got to do better.
    <div>
    </div>

Melena29 wrote,
    Melena29, do you think we should shake the tree a little harder and see what falls out of it?

What to do with all of the squirrels?

Joan of Arc & Bachman 2012
    Brigette Gabriel Sec. of State

CHICK POWER!

There are plenty of stories about the dumbing down of Americans, and for her to be even considered as a presidential candidate would destroy the GOP. I rolled on the floor laughing after someone on TV said that the American people understand her. The resignation/goodbye speeches were, at the least, a pound of verbal lard.
    Sure, folks might agree with her views, but the delivery needs to be more than a cheerleader. I think anyone on this website can speak better.
    Can't wait for her radio show, as that should be hilarious.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    melena wrote:

I agree, we (I'm a registered Republican) can do better, much better. Personally, I have nothing against Palin, however, I don't think she is presidential material. IMO, a Palin run would mean eight years of Obama. Can you imagine eight years of Obama!

I'd like to see South Carolina's Sen. Jim DeMint run. I like Sen. Jeff Sessions too (a lot), however, I fear he wouldn't be able to stand up to the scrutiny that a presidential run would bring (too many skeletons in his closet).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    I agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Melena29 wrote,
    Melena29, do you think we should shake the tree a little harder and see what falls out of it?

What to do with all of the squirrels?
    I'm not sure what you mean...but if my interpretation is correct, you're in agreement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think its time to think outside the box. Instead of choosing a rat from one of the two nests we keep dipping into, what do you say we offer another option? I suspect that after a year or two of the havoc Obama reeks on us, the American people may finally be ready for a third party candidate. The populace is well aware that we will be cleaning up from W's mess for many years to come, and once they factor in the decade or two it will take to right the wrongs done to this "Obamanation", I think the time will be right to break the stronghold these two packs of fools have had on us once and for all.

Call me an optimist. What did the man once say?

Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things.
    <div>
    </div>

I am a lifelong Democrat, by the way, and I am ashamed of what my party has become.

I really need an option other than Republican to go to. I think most of us do. I'm thinking the Constitution Party (we'll need to create it), because that is what this country needs to get back to, the Constitution.

We can create an ad campaign, kind of like the milk ads. Actors dressed in colonial garb, holding a replica of the original, smiling (as only free men can do). The subtitle reads:

Got Constitution?
    <div>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    melena wrote:

I agree, we (I'm a registered Republican) can do better, much better. Personally, I have nothing against Palin, however, I don't think she is presidential material. IMO, a Palin run would mean eight years of Obama. Can you imagine eight years of Obama!

I'd like to see South Carolina's Sen. Jim DeMint run. I like Sen. Jeff Sessions too (a lot), however, I fear he wouldn't be able to stand up to the scrutiny that a presidential run would bring (too many skeletons in his closet).
    I agree MW! I have nothing but respect for Palin. I think she is a good mother and probably has done a decent job running Alaska. But she simply isn't presidential material, IMO of course. To promote her as such, could very well result in four more years of Obama.

I would love to see DeMint or Sessions make a run. Funny how you mention skeletons in the closet regarding Sessions. Skeletons in the closet didn't seem to stop Obama. Obama simply had the closet sealed shut and said no one is permitted to look in it! Period!

Both you and I know that a completely different standard would apply to Sessions however!

I'm also skeptical of that 78% approval number for Palin to run. How do we know these numbers do not include Obama supporters who would encourage Palin to run simply because they believe she would be no match for Obama in 2012?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast