Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Polls show more reject both McCain, Obama

Polls show more reject both McCain, Obama
    Third-party candidates pulling close to 20% of total vote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: August 11, 2008
    10:16 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – No question about it – somebody is going to win the U.S. presidential election Nov. 4.

There's also little dispute it will be either Republican John McCain or Democrat Barack Obama.

However, as the campaign goes on, more voters are running away from the two front-running candidates to other, much lesser-known, third-party candidates.

An Associated TV/Zogby International poll released last week showed McCain leading Obama 42 percent to 41 percent – leaving 17 percent either undecided or leaning to third-party candidates.

A recent CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll had Obama with 47 percent to McCain's 43, leaving 10 percent to mostly third-party candidates when only Libertarian Party nominee Bob Barr and Peace and Freedom Party nominee Ralph Nader are included in the choices. As other third-party candidates are added to the mix, the disaffection from the presumptive Democratic and Republican party nominees grows.
    Nader is polling between 3 percent and 8 percent in various surveys. Barr reaches as high as 5 points. Most polls have not given prospective voters the opportunity of choosing any of the third-party options and those that have included only Nader, Barr and Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party.

Excluded from all major polls to date are Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin or America's Independent Party Candidate Alan Keyes. All of those options and others will be included in polling to be conducted this weekend by WorldNetDaily and Zogby.

"It just stands to reason that people are more likely to announce their support of candidates who are mentioned by pollsters," explained WND Editor Joseph Farah, author of the new book, "None of the Above," in which he makes the case for supporting third-party candidates or writing in another choice because, he asserts, the two frontrunners are both unworthy of the highest office in the land. "I don't want to say there has been a conspiracy among the pollsters and major media to exclude any mention of the alternatives, but, until now, it is a fact, nonetheless."

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=72140
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I cannot in good conscious vote for either of these 2 morally corrupt and weak men

This is the best that America has to offer... we are sooooooooo Screwed
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    I cannot in good conscious vote for either of these 2 morally corrupt and weak men

This is the best that America has to offer... we are sooooooooo Screwed

I agree! I think the American public is tired and disgusted with the Obsene amount of money spent on these campaigns while the media completely shuts out other candidates so early in the game. In my opinion there were a few that would have been so much better for the country and more experienced on a wider range of issues.
    I don't know why I receive mail from both McCain and Obama campaigns but every day I get something begging for money.
    It is Ridiculous and Disgusting.
    It is also disgusting that the people of this country only look at what the MSM feeds them and don't even consider other candidates.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

AE

The other night, I answered the phone to a political survey. Most of the candidate questions pertained to Oregons races, but it was very interesting to have this woman, obviously conservative, as although I am sure she was supposed to remain neutral, she was quite alive when I would give an answer about a good conservative candidate, and explain WHY I would vote for them.

As well the question of what was one of the most important issues facing Oregon this time around, there was a list, but of course to me, illegal immigration was on the top, and they did want to know why, so I obliged.

When asked what I considered myself, I said very conservative. All along the way, this woman was very jovial with more of my answers and especially about immigration issues.

This year, I have gotten more surveys via the phone, than any other time that I can think of, so to me this says a lot about the candidates really looking hard at things and not wanting to lose their voters, plus gearing up to fight each other with the issues that the voters REALLY want from them.

As for McAmnesty and Obamnesty, neither will get my vote. I cannot do it, I will be looking at Chuck Baldwin and the Constitution Party.

I DO think all of the candidates KNOW people are fed up with the status quo and want things accomplished and no more BS. However, I do not believe, that although the two main ones know, means they will actually do it. We need to look to someone else, and also look to our state, county and local representatives to make things happen.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€