Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Postal Service Urged to Weigh Three-Days-a-Week Mail (Update

Bloomberg

Postal Service Urged to Weigh Three-Days-a-Week Mail (Update1)

March 04, 2010, 4:18 PM EST

By Angela Greiling Keane

March 4 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Postal Service, facing a $238 billion budget deficit by 2020, should consider cutting delivery to as few as three days a week as the agency attempts to pare costs, a consulting firm said.

Those cuts are among changes McKinsey & Co. presented in a report this week at a postal conference in Washington. Options also included expanding business lines and restructuring retiree health benefits.

The Postal Service, projecting mail volume will drop 15 percent in the next decade as consumers switch to electronic communications, is pressing Congress to change a law requiring delivery six days a week and limiting post-office closings. A request by the service to trim delivery by one day, to five days a week, has met resistance from lawmakers.

“Action in any one area will not be enough to close this gap,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A few questions: How many homes does the postal service have in their inventory for their big-wigs, some bought just before the real esate bubble collapse? How much is the ad campaign for flat-rate shipping costing these days, as I see them daily on every channel?
    My little contract mail center closed recently, but the convenience store next door picked it up. Unfortunately, the only time I was in there the guy behind the counter spoke broken English and had no clue what he was doing. Also, there was no slot into which you can put a letter -- you have to wait until the customer buying lottery tickets in front of you is done before handing them a letter they stick under the counter.
    And what "investors"? The investors are the American taxpayers who get continually raped by rising prices.
    Yes, there are folks that need them, but even the IRS is cutting them off at the knees with the e-file stuff.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't even have a key to my mailbox anymore.

last time I checked for mail was last year sometime.

LOL

That is because some of the employees were too zonked on coke to do their jobs correctly. And I get more stuff in my newspaper box from various Chinese restaurants than anything important.