Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pray to Allah, Dutch bishop suggests

Amsterdam, Aug. 14, 2007 (CWNews.com) - A Dutch Catholic bishop has suggested that Christians should refer to God as "Allah" to promote better relations with Muslims.

Bishop Martinus "Tiny" Muskens of Breda told the "Network" television show that "God doesn't really care how we address Him."

Pointing out that "Allah" is a term already used by Christians who speak Arabic, Bishop Muskens said that humans are needlessly divided over such terminology. God, the bishop said, is above such "bickering."

The Dutch bishop admitted that his suggestion was not likely to gain widespread acceptance. But he predicted that within a century or two, Dutch Catholics would be addressing prayers to "Allah."

Bishop Muskens has a history of creating occasional controversy within the Church. He has broken with Vatican leadership to endorse the use of condoms as a means of preventing the spread of AIDS, and in 2006 he traveled to Uganda to endorse the work of a group called Stop AIDS Now, which emphasized condom distribution.

I'm an atheist, but if I was a Christian, I'd hope this Bishop chokes on his words.

Absolutely ludicrous!!!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Sorry....no can do. My Lord is not Allah, my Lord and Savior is Jesus Christ. Appeasing Muslims is not on my "to do" list now or ever.

Furthermore, I have not seen anywhere in the Bible where God has referred to Himself as Allah. I believe everyone has a right to their beliefs. This is simply mine.

I'm sorry I don't speak aribic and I have no desire to learn and I will call God what I have always called him......God.
    And no mere man will tell me to change that!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am one that spent a great deal of time searching out different spiritual beliefs.....but I was raised calling God, God,...Jesus, Jesus.....Not Allah, or Bahaula or Or a variety of other things...Jehovah.....kind of like calling your mom her given name......made me feel horribly uncomfortable. Seriously uncomfortable and disrespectful. I don't think God minds....but we do. Hey they can call him whatever they want.....just don't make me do it in order for them to feel OK about it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The name 'allah' means god of the moon. Why would any christian want to pray to the god of the moon? That's a sickning uninformed comment for a church leader to make.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    The name 'allah' means god of the moon. Why would any christian want to pray to the god of the moon? That's a sickning uninformed comment for a church leader to make.
    I think political leaders make the same uninformed comments too!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Guess it's the same name game they want to say when amnesty really isn't amnesty and anything else up there sleeves.

The vatican should give this Dutch Bishop the boot. If the Dutch Bishop wants to worship allah, he shouldn't be a Catholic Bishop.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

The man is out of his mind. He should just convert and leave the Catholic church!