Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Obama due to get earful from CBC

What happened to ALL Americans?

President Obama due to get earful from CBC
    By JONATHAN ALLEN | 3/10/10 3:08 PM EST

CBC members have vociferously attacked a $15 billion tax-break measure moving between the chambers.

President Barack Obama is due to get an earful on jobs from Congressional Black Caucus members during a White House meeting Thursday.

CBC members have vociferously attacked a $15 billion tax-break measure moving between the chambers that they say can’t seriously be called a "jobs" bill.

The unemployment rate in the African-American community is more than16 percent, far higher than the nearly 10 percent national unemployment rate, and CBC members say the tax breaks intended to spur job creation will not help the black community.

Lawmakers want to see the black community "getting some targeted help," according to a caucus member who asked not to be identified. "The current bill doesn't do that."

That lawmaker said Obama is "going to hear a lot" about the jobs situation in the black community and CBC members' concerns that it is not being adequately addressed.

The House last week amended a Senate-passed version of the legislation and sent it back across the Capitol for further action.

Many members of the CBC voted against a procedural maneuver that brought the bill to the floor — an act of defiance that made the vote count tough for Democratic leaders. The previous week, CBC objections contributed to a delay in the bill's consideration.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34215.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The CBC needs to demand enforcement of our immigration laws. There is nothing today that will help the black community more than taking jobs back from illegals.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BLACKS & MEXICANS?

OBAMA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT JOBS FOR BLACKS OR WHITES. HE DOES CARE ABOUT ILLLEGALS JOBS....BEFOR YOU KNOW IT, AMNESTY WILL COME AND WE ALL WILL BE OUT OF JOBS. EXCEPT ACORN & S.E.I.U.
    P.S. YOU ALL VOTED FOR HIM, HOIW'S HE DOING

P.S. YOU ALL VOTED FOR HIM, HOIW'S HE DOING
    I did NOT vote for him.

I have furhter noticed tht it is hard to find anyone that admits they voted for him, or that they are a Democrat OR a Republican.

The offical perfume of the Congress seems to be O'de Civit.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    The offical perfume of the Congress seems to be O'de Civit.
    Or "Fleur de Skunk" Sorry. I was watching some old Looney Tunes on disk this morning to break the monotany.

I'm with ya' though NM. I voted against him, and it wasn't McLame either.