Like Tree1Likes

Thread: President Trump Hosts Meeting With Parents, Teachers and Students Affected by School

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Trump Hosts Meeting With Parents, Teachers and Students Affected by School

President Trump Hosts Meeting With Parents, Teachers and Students Affected by School Shootings…

Earlier today President Trump hosted a meeting with teachers, student and parents affected by recent school shootings. The President began the session by stating his intent to listen to each view and perspective and then move forward.

The stories told by some meeting participants were quite emotional; others were very deliberate and focused on both short-term and longer term issues. Outside the room both sides of the political continuum are very passionate on this issue; and it doesn’t help to have the deafening drumbeat of ideological U.S. media politicizing the discussion whenever possible.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ool-shootings/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-21-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Arm the teachers. What is their liability they are taking on? Are they absolved of ALL liability no matter who they shoot?

Look at the police officer in St. Louis who shot the "gentle giant"...his life was ruined. He did the right thing killing this thug and defending himself and that police officer had extensive training in law enforcement. Teachers do NOT.

A teacher shoots the wrong person. Now they are going to be in jail, sued, lose their home, destroy their life and their family. This is not the solution. Whatever teacher carries a weapon...better think twice about the unintended consequences.

This is not a "part time" job to put enforcement in the hands of a teacher in a very chaotic situation.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

I think it will be okay, Beezer. They'll select reliable people. I heard some suggestions today in the Listening Session where certain ones would have their guns in a locker or a safe. No, they need to be wearing it, concealed carry. You aren't going to have time to get it out of your locker.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sorry, I disagree. It will not be okay. This is not the answer.

And any teacher considering this had better thing very hard about taking this on and the unintended consequences. They are not swat team and not the Navy seals.

Everyone thinking with emotions and heartbreak right now...not with clear thinking.
    Last edited by Beezer; 02-21-2018 at 10:06 PM.

I've been thinking this since Columbine. This is not a new position for me. We'll just have to agree to disagree, but my feeling is this is where he's going and where it's going to end up. If it doesn't work out, they'll change it or refine it. The schools have to take a stand, they can't sit back, hide behind tables and cower. Been there, done that, no one liked the result.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This responsibility should not be placed on the backs of teachers. If they need armed guards...then get them in there.

A couple layers of security should be in place.

Don't hide behind a desk and cower? So let 3,000 students run out of a building?

You have armed teachers running around a building...the cops come in? What they have time to ask for ID and are you a "good" guy? No, they do not. They see someone with a gun and they are going to take action.

Teachers are not swat team...they should not be put in that situation.

Beezer, no one is saying teachers or anyone else would be forced or required to do this. It would be strictly on a volunteer basis and there would be a review and selection process as well.

MW
    I suggest they assign more armed resources officer to the schools. Many schools, including our local high school, already have one. Perhaps some schools need more. Resource officers are typically assigned by the local P.D. Of course that means more tax dollars, but our children are worth it. An option worth considering.

I believe I heard Parkland had one resource officer assigned. However, it's hard for one person to effectively cover a large high school campus. One assigned at a desk in the front lobby and a couple on continues patrol around the campus should do it. Like I said though, the big thing here would be cost.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn