Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Price Of Eco-Bulbs Tripling (what a shock)

PRICE OF ECO-BULBS IS TREBLING...JUST AS THE OLD ONES ARE PHASED OUT

Energy saving lighbulbs are set to more than treble in price

Thursday January 20,2011
    By Anil Dawar
    Have your say (1)

ENERGY-saving lightbulbs are set to more than treble in price as the final supplies of traditional bulbs dwindle, industry experts warn.

The cost of the newer bulbs has been kept artificially low by subsidies from energy companies for the past three years.

However, energy secretary Chris Huhne has pulled the plug on the practice and ordered energy companies to stop the subsidies by March.

The move is expected to send costs soaring and bulbs that now cost 33p are expected to go up to more than £1. Some could even top £3.

The subsidies were stopped so that the money can instead be used to help householders insulate their lofts and walls.

Ian Fursland, managing director of independent light bulb suppliers The Lamp Company, said customers were not being well served by the combination of an EU ban on traditional bulbs and the end of the subsidy.

Energy saving lighbulbs are set to more than treble in price

He said: “The price will undoubtedly rise and people will realise that the bottom end energy-saving bulbs that might have been worth 30p to them are not worth more than a pound. They will have to start buying the more expensive bulbs to get good quality light.

“As a nation we are being forced to pay more for a product that we don’t really want. We are being led down this route by the EU but 60 watt bulbs are hardly gas guzzlers.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who knows if they save any energy at all?
    I sure hate standing around in the bathroom waiting to wash my face and brush my teeth while these stupid things heat up so there is light.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Shad
    Who knows if they save any energy at all?
    I sure hate standing around in the bathroom waiting to wash my face and brush my teeth while these stupid things heat up so there is light.
    Have you tried the LEDs?