Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No matter what, everyone is right as far as I am concerned. The American public wanted huge SUVs, until gas started approaching $4 gallon. (Americans drove gas guzzlers in the 1970s where you could wait in line for hours before getting to the pump, and pray there was a little left so you could get to work.) What happened after that crisis? Not much that is still evident today about fuel efficiency.
    Unions have put unneeded pressure on the manufacturers without taking into serious account market pressures and an economy wrecking not only this country but the rest of the world. I also blame laws that any country's industry can come in here to compete with our own manufacturers, and American worker tax dollars and tax cuts are going to bribe these guys to take up residence.
    Congress is still pissed about being taken for a ride by tax dollars going to pay for resorts for AIG officials. When the Big 3 showed up in private jets with no plan, just demanding money, it was a slam-sunk they would get creamed.
    But without a bailout at this time there would be about 3 million jobs lost there and in peripheral industries, not to mention the mom-and-pop diners that rely on these folks for lunch.
    These days American workers do not need unions, the middlemen. Nor do I think we need to bail a private-owned manufacturer like Chrysler, when their owners (Cerberus) won't put in another penny. They are trying to save their investment for the moment when they can sell it. And, Cerberus also owns about 51 percent of GMAC, that was just granted bank status so it could get TARP funds.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No April I do not work for the Big 3 although I am a Manager at an Auto Dealership and have been for many years. By the way, Ford did not take any bailout money.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

April
    Quote Originally Posted by wmarincic
    No April I do not work for the Big 3 although I am a Manager at an Auto Dealership and have been for many years.
    Thanks, that does explain alot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12