Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PSY's Anti-American Past Uncovered, "Gangnam Style" Rapper Said "Kill Those F--king Y

PSY's Anti-American Past Uncovered, "Gangnam Style" Rapper Said "Kill Those F--king Yankees"

by Peter GicasToday 11:11 AM PST

INFphoto.com
    PSY's past is coming back to haunt him.

The South Korean rapper who unleashed "Gangnam Style" onto the world, apparently unleashed some disdain toward the United States several years ago as well.

During a 2002 concert designed as a protest against the presence of U.S. troops in Korea, PSY picked up a model "American tank" and proceeded to smash it on the ground, Mediaite reports. The performance was a response to the acquittal of two U.S. soldiers who had been charged with killing two 13-year-old Korean schoolgirls after they were hit by an American armored vehicle driven by the soldiers.

"Gangnam Style" rapper Psy explains his name

Then, in 2004, when a South Korean missionary was beheaded in Iraq to protest the country's decision to aid the U.S in its war with Iraq, PSY performed on a song that included the lyrics, "Kill those f--king Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives/Kill those f--king Yankees who ordered them to torture/Kill their daughters, mothers, daughter-in-law and fathers/Kill them all slowly and painfully."

Meanwhile, the music video for "Gangnam Style" recently became the most-watchedYouTube video of all time, and PSY himself, according to The Hollywood Reporter, has already earned $8.1 million so far thanks to the hit song.
    Guess time will tell if these latest revelations will impact either one of those accomplishments.

PSY's Anti-American Past Uncovered, Gangnam Style Rapper Said Kill Those F--king Yankees | E! Online
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

PSYApologizes for "Kill Those F--king Yankees" Rap, "Gangnam" Star "Will Forever Be Sorry"

by Erik PedersenToday 3:52 PM PST

Jason Merritt/Getty Images

PSY is backtracking on that invisible horse of his.

The hugely successful "Gangnam Style" rapper shocked many earlier today when anti-American statements he made at a protest concert in 2004 came to light. Among the incendiary lyrics: "Kill those f--king Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives/Kill those f--king Yankees who ordered them to torture/Kill their daughters, mothers, daughter-in-law and fathers/Kill them all slowly and painfully."

But now the rapper, who has performed for U.S. troops and is scheduled to perform later this month for President Barack Obama, is ready to set the record straight, releasing a statement to E! News.

"As a proud South Korean who was educated in the United States and lived there for a very significant part of my life, I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world," he said.

The 34-year-old pop star said the words came at a heated time, following the killing of two Korean schoolgirls.

"The song I was featured in—eight years ago—was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall antiwar sentiment shared by others around the world at that time. While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words," he added.
    Find out why "Gangnam Style" is over

The rapper, whose goofy video became the most-watched YouTube clip ever, continued his attempt to make amends.

"I have been honored to perform in front of American soldiers in recent months—including an appearance on the Jay Leno show specifically for them—and I hope they and all Americans can accept my apology. While it's important that we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so. In my music, I try to give people a release, a reason to smile. I have learned that thru music, our universal language we can all come together as a culture of humanity and I hope that you will accept my apology."

He will soon find out. A White House spokesman said that the Obama family still plans to attend the Dec. 21 Christmas in Washington concert where Psy is scheduled to appear.
    http://www.eonline.com/news/369634/psy-apologizes-for-kill-those-f-king-yankees-rap-gangnam-star-will-forever-be-sorry
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Now we know how this guy got invited to perform at the White House so quickly.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)