Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

A public service Announcement!!!

A public service Announcement!!!

Here at alipac I have received several Privet Messages in the past few months from different users (some old timers and some new extremely new members) in regards to Questions about screens Name, and trolls spamming, harassing, and down right being pesky, simply from tracking a person down by the screen name.

Listen while you read :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_p2dBR2w2k

Warning:

When you have an account any place on THE WEB and you need a screen name and a pass word, its is always a good idea to change them from site to site.
    With the growing technology and the competent abilities of the average 10 year old these days you can be tracked down (even at home). With the click of a mouse a member can trace you from your yahoo Instant messenger, to the rest room at your Job. If you are ABCJOEJIMBOB @ the Bank, please don’t use the same screen name and pass word with Your Wizard of OZ on line roll playing games.

The FBI has put out several Web warnings about cyber crime and you can find those here

http://www.fbi.gov/cyberinvest/cyberhome.htm

And the Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section
    United States Department of Justice here at

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/reporting.htm

As we all work really hard to pay for these expensive and sometime useless Net security programs,
    The bad guys are working harder to crack them wide open.
    Remember when your thinking you being safe and secrete buy using all this new technology, the Guys that invented them are the same ones that are cracking it wide open. Change your Screen names and pass words Folks
    It Just may save your life!!!

Very true, and there are other 'Betsy Ross's that are posting elsewhere that are not me! Also, I googled my real human name and came up with many others. One of them is a white supremacist, another is an Arabian horse breeder. Best to obscure our tracks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are a bunch of Dime Store Dixies out there too.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for posting this information. People need to be warned more often about the possible lurkers and thieves on the net.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well placed advice.

Several months ago, I visited several sites on the Internet in pursuit of a gift for a friend who wears plus-size clothing. After perusing the wares, I did not buy anything, nor did I complete any forms on any of the sites.

A couple of weeks later, I began to get catalogs for plus-size clothes through the mail at my home. The catalogs were correctly addressed to my name and street address. None of the people in my household wear plus size and the only connection I can account for was my brief browsing through those web sites on the Internet.

It's a little scary.

This is excellent information Greg, thanks for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Well placed advice.
    Several months ago, I visited several sites on the Internet in pursuit of a gift for a friend who wears plus-size clothing. After perusing the wares, I did not buy anything, nor did I complete any forms on any of the sites.

A couple of weeks later, I began to get catalogs for plus-size clothes through the mail at my home. The catalogs were correctly addressed to my name and street address. None of the people in my household wear plus size and the only connection I can account for was my brief browsing through those web sites on the Internet.
    While you were scanning that web site, the web site was scanning your computer. It probably installed some spyware on your computer without your knowledge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    Well placed advice.

While you were scanning that web site, the web site was scanning your computer. It probably installed some spyware on your computer without your knowledge.

LOL
    True but scarey