QE infinity? Marc Faber predicts Fed could print $1 trillion a month

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM EDT

2 Videos at the Page Link:

During an appearance on CNBC yesterday, Marc Faber said investors are asking the wrong question about when the Federal Reserve will taper its massive bond-buying program (QE). Instead, investors should be asking when the central bank will be increasing the program. Faber, the publisher of The Gloom, Boom & Doom Report, has been predicting “QE infinity” for quite some time now.
“I want to play a piece of audio from Mark Faber. He was on CNBC. He is a financial analyst. And he’s not known for being, you know, Mr. Sunshine,” Glenn said on radio this morning. “But I will tell you this: I think this is accurate. Listen to what he said on CNBC.”
Glenn was quick to point out that the program Faber is talking about is quantitative easing or QE, and, because the media seldom talks about it, very few Americans actually know what the term means.
“He is talking about the Fed and quantitative easing. And if you don’t know what quantitative easing means, you are not alone. Most people don’t know what it means because the media has never really explained it in clear terms because once they explain it in clear terms, and Americans really find out what it is, then the whole thing falls apart,” Glenn said. “But you have to be ahead of the curve because first comes quantitative easing, then comes hyperinflation. When you hear the words, re-hypothecation, hyperinflation will follow, and that is the end of the dollar. So he’s talking about quantitative easing. Quantitative easing is just fancy progressive bull crap talk for printing money – something that the Fed said, under oath, they would never do. And so they didn’t. They digitized money.”
Instead of printing money each month, the Fed currently digitizes $85 billion a month by purchasing bonds. As Faber explained, this number can really only go up from here because “every government program that is introduced under urgency and as a temporary measure is always permanent.”
FABER: The Feds have boxed themselves into a position where there’s no exit strategy. The question is not tapering. The question is: At what point will they increase the asset purchases to say $150 [billion], $200 [billion], a trillion dollars a month. That is the question.
With no exit strategy in sight, Glenn offered his thoughts on what to would do if we were really serious “about not having the United States of America drown.”
“If you wanted it to survive, you would say, look, gang, we have to stop on some of these spending things. But it’s so much deeper than that now. We are in deep, deep trouble,” Glenn said. “And I know this is unpopular, but the first thing that I’m going to do, I’m putting up all of the land for sale. All of the land of the United States government owns.”
In Glenn’s plan, the sale would first be open to U.S. citizens only. But the plan is not without its flaws. Selling the land a national park or monument occupies would cause major tension within the states.
“The first squabble will be, the states will say, wait a minute. You can’t do that. You took the land from us in the first place. That land belongs to me,” Glenn said. “So there would be all kinds of legal squabbles. But you put that land up for sale and maybe you put that land up for sale first so everybody in the state. And then you give the states a piece of it. But that’s the first thing that you do.”
The next step toward righting the economy would involve looking at how much money the U.S. holds in shale and then sell the land the shale sits on to the highest bidder in the private sector.
“The second thing that you do, you get somebody out there to estimate how much money do we have in shale,” Glenn said. “You find a survey on how much is estimated underneath that [land], and you sell it. You can pay off the national debt.”
It is estimated that if you add up the value of the land and assets of the U.S. government, it would be worth somewhere in the $150 trillion range. While there is not even that much currency currently in circulation, the U.S. only needs $17 trillion to pay off its debt.
“If you could take $5 trillion off the national debt, you would send a message to the world. We were serious. And that would stabilize our country,” Glenn said. “That’s the kind of thinking that we need. We need not somebody who is going to go in there and say, ‘We’re going to reduce by two percent.’ No. We need $10 trillion off the debt. And we need it off this debt right now.”
“It’s time for an adult to step into the room and say, guys we’re doing this… Every single father in the history of the world has had to look at his family at some point and say, ‘Kids, we are moving. I’m sorry, dad lost his job. Mom has had a hard time. Enough is enough. We’re selling the house because we have no choice. It will be okay,’” he continued. “That’s who I am looking for. Anybody know that person? You let me know because that’s who I’m going to back. If somebody has the courage, the conviction and an actual solution – not a nibbling around the edges… Big ideas. Big solutions.”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/10/22/...llion-a-month/