Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Question for ALIPAC?

We all fight this Illegal Immigration problem and promote Legal Immigration through various methods and means? Some of us have more time than others. My questions are

Can whe have a focus of the week, Month, Quarter etc. in it's own thread maybe listed as FOCUS? In addition to all of our other normal postings we do.

We seem to know in advance... in most instances when a vote is coming up that we need to pound our congressman/ women and Senators on. If we know in advance it gives us more opportuny to have our collective voices heard.

My main reasoning is we live in difficult times and a few of my friends have said they work 2-3 part time jobs to make ends meet. I am sure there are others out there with the same limiting factor "Time".

Time can be our friend or our enemy... Maybe I am being anal-retentive from many years in the military but I found that I could get more bang with short term goals that met the long term requirment.

Case in point... William and others went to Iowa and tried to yell above the millions of dollars in advertising dollars and although we were heard... we are fighting a multi facited Multi Media, News machine. If we can prime the scene before william shows up next time I think it would help set William up for success in getting our collective message out.. or again reminding us when an important vote was about to happen so we could fax and call to voice our opinion .. 30 days out, 2 weeks out, 1 week out, 3 days out etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    This might be what your asking about

http://www.alipac.us/forum-24.html

AIRBORNE: YES I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. THERE ARE MANY TIMES I MISS THE "CALLING OF THE TROOPS"

SOMETIMES I COME HOME FROM WORK AND HAVE MISSED SOMETHING.....OR IT IS LATE AT NIGHT AND I CAN SEND EMAILS, BUT IT IS LATE IN THE GAME.

IF I KNOW AHEAD OF TIME, I CAN ACTUALLY BE READY ....SET UP SOME EMAILS AHEAD OF TIME AND SEND THEM FROM MY CELL PHONE AT CRUCIAL TIMES....IF I KNOW AHEAD WHEN THOSE TIMES WILL BE.

ITS A GREAT IDEA TO HAVE SOME FORE WARNING.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeow!!! ... is this kind of new or have I been just missing it for a while

I was thinking more of a reminder to us... you have this much time. Some times it's hard to jump on line and then there is an enormous amount of info to sort through .. i know I have missed several votes that I should have slammed my congressman on.. but i missed it

I just didnt want to miss something because of time constraints

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Yeow!!! ... is this kind of new or have I been just missing it for a while

These guys and gals do one heck of a good Job of keeping up with it all
    I cant see anyone keeping up with it all
    There is just too much information for this type of Board...

These guys and gals do one heck of a good Job of keeping up with it
    It’s a full time job for all the staff e have not to mention the state and local elections haven’t even started for this year…

They can use all the help we can give them

Airborne,

Sometimes that is out of our control. Congress can pull something up and vote on it before we can react. Kennedy pulled a stunt this Summer and the only way we were able to allert you is that we were watching and waiting on it. Amendments are the worst things to watch for. Sometimes, it can be announced at 5pm that they will start a discussion at 8am and vote by 10am the next day. It's just the way things are.

You should push for transparency in governement and push to make it easy for citizens to know and understand what is about to happen. Contact your Congressmen about that.

Dixie

I understand, but that idea is based on the premise that we actually have time to prepare for these battles.

That is seldom the case. Many times, we find out we need to do something a few days or hours before we must move.

Also, since this battle is raging in so many places we find ourselves running from one hot spot to another.

We had the FOCUS campaigns running hot for awhile but chilled on those when the focus came off of the cities.

W

Most of the time we do post stuff ahead of time if we know about it, and we watch it to see where it's going to go. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense to hop on it if it looks like it isn't going anywhere. We have a lot of ears and eyes out there and we don't usually miss too much. Just make sure you check your email alot.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.