Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

F there was a mandatory community service enacted, would it be possible to keep records of individuals and use them for a pool best suited for a military draft?
    I wouldn't trust the government to keep good records on anything. Anyhow, it would not be necessary. The old draft program worked fairly well. All males had to take a draft physical by their 18th birthday, or thereabouts. This identified any with physical disabilities that would prevent military service. Also, as part of the enlistment process (including draftees), all inductees were screened for criminal charges (including traffic violations and DUIs), education levels, community service, etc. Also, potential inductees took basic aptitude tests which were used not just to measure IQ and aptitudes, but also provided some basic level psychological screening as well. Was this a perfect system? No. Misfits slipped through the system, but not as many percentage-wise as those who slip into Congress and the White House.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Remember that time well, 4th! During Nam draft they did the lottery system. Your birthday is drawn at random. My birthday came up No. 4 but since I was female, I didn't have to worry. My next door neighbor, my age, had his birthday come up 283rd and he didn't have to go either. Those were the days when some ran to Canada, shot off a toe or made sure there was blood or drugs in the urine tests, anything to get out of going to a foreign war.
    And for anyone in college in those days there was the good-old required Western Civilization course that loads flunked, including myself who could have cared less if something happened in February 1912 or May 1913. This was one of the ways they could get kids out of college for Nam.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Email alert issued.

RED ALERT FOR Texas.

Everyone on board please!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-138508.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12