Rand Paul Slams “King” Obama Over Executive Order Threat

Kentucky Senator says President is “usurping the constitution”

Paul Joseph Watson January 14, 2013
Video Embedded Player - News

As Barack Obama signaled that he would use executive orders to help carry out his gun control agenda, Senator Rand Paul slammed the president for acting like a “king,” usurping the Constitution, and running roughshod over Congress.

Speaking with CBN News, Paul remarked, “I’m against having a king. I think having a monarch is what we fought the American Revolution over and someone who wants to bypass the Constitution, bypass Congress — that’s someone who wants to act like a king or a monarch.”

Adding that he had consistently opposed executive orders even under Republican administrations, the Kentucky Senator vowed to “fight tooth and nail” to derail Obama’s gun grab.

“And I promise you, there’ll be no rock left unturned as far as trying to stop him from usurping the Constitution, running roughshod over Congress,” asserted Paul. “And you will see one heck of a debate if he decides to try to do this.”

The Kentucky Senator’s promise arrives on the back of a guarantee from Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky that he will refuse to enforce a federal gun confiscation program should it be ordered.

“I am responsible for the people inside this county… I couldn’t justify, if Obama passes this, it doesn’t matter what he passes, the sheriff has more power than the federal people.” Peyman stated.

After Vice President Joe Biden indicated during a meeting last week that Obama would use executive powers to target the second amendment, the President himself confirmed that such a course is set to be taken when he told journalists today, “I’m confident that there are some steps that we can take that don’t require legislation and that are within my authority as president,” adding that he would take “executive action.”

U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer is also pressuring retailers to offset the need for legislative action by removing certain types of guns from shelves immediately. Yesterday, Schumer called on gun retailers to “Suspend sales of modern assault-style weapons until Congress is able to fully consider and vote on legislation to curb gun violence.”

Meanwhile, in New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is pushing a bill that could lead to gun owners being declared a “threat” via a new mental health classification that would empower authorities to place them under “civil confinement”.

The Obama administration’s new crusade against gun rights has prompted huge firearms sales across the country, with one gun show in Daly City this weekend being attended by over 10,000 people, most of whom when asked said they were buying guns in anticipation of semi-assault rifles being banned.

» Rand Paul Slams “King” Obama Over Executive Order Threat Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!