Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable
    Quote Originally Posted by ourcountrynottheirs
    I don't think he can recover from pastor-gate. Even with his speech today. It's just too hard to believe that Obama spent 20 years with this man and had no idea he said those kinds of things. And, after seeing the videos, what the pastor said really sticks in my mind.
    Maybe you should listen to the speech again, but you obviously weren't paying attention. Please tell me what Obama said as it relates to WHY some Blacks may have bitterness they haven't gotten over? This way I'llknow if you even listened to what he said.
    I don't care why they haven't gotten over it. Obama says he is the post racial candidate to bring to country together. Yet he sits under a man's teaching the preaches the opposite.

It speaks to a much broader issue of judgment and character. Do I want someone in the Whitehouse that will not vet his own pastor but tells me he'll talk to foreign terrorist regimes. Do I want a guy in the Whitehouse who doesn't have the courage to go to his pastor who says outrageous lies about this country and tell him where he is wrong? NO! It shows, in the least, cowardice to confront such lies. In the worst it shows approval and agreement of the inflammatory things this man has said about the country, and white Americans, and even worse his heresy of scripture.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    I don't think he can recover from pastor-gate. Even with his speech today. It's just too hard to believe that Obama spent 20 years with this man and had no idea he said those kinds of things. And, after seeing the videos, what the pastor said really sticks in my mind.
    Maybe you should listen to the speech again, but you obviously weren't paying attention. Please tell me what Obama said as it relates to WHY some Blacks may have bitterness they haven't gotten over? This way I'llknow if you even listened to what he said.
    I don't care why they haven't gotten over it. Obama says he is the post racial candidate to bring to country together. Yet he sits under a man's teaching the preaches the opposite.

It speaks to a much broader issue of judgment and character. Do I want someone in the Whitehouse that will not vet his own pastor but tells me he'll talk to foreign terrorist regimes. Do I want a guy in the Whitehouse who doesn't have the courage to go to his pastor who says outrageous lies about this country and tell him where he is wrong? NO! It shows, in the least, cowardice to confront such lies. In the worst it shows approval and agreement of the inflammatory things this man has said about the country, and white Americans, and even worse his heresy of scripture.
    Thanks for responding, and thanks for proving my point. You're not able to tell me what he said because you didn't really listen. I wouldn't mind having a President who would meet with the Iranian President, and that's because I believe in diplomacy. Shouldn't we hear these people out and hear their reason/excuse, that way we can show them where we feel they're wrong.

Okay, I'm going to go easy on you, just tell me what you think might make a Black man who grew up in the south in the 60's so bitter -if you can think of anything...

If we don't ALL make a decision to try for better race relations, then that makes us no better than the pastor.

Re: Rasmussen Poll Shows Obama Loosing Ground

I just saw Obama on Fox News his favorable ratings have changed in just one week:

March 13

Favorable 52% Unfavorable 44%

March 18

Favorable 48% Unfavorable 49%

McCains numbers have increased on the National Poll

Previously he and Obama were tied in the polls

Now McCain leads by 6% points over Obama

The change is in the Independent, White, Jewish voters.
    None of that surprises me. IMO Obama is a Muslim anyway.

Obama would make it his legacy to make sure that Muslims from all over the world would have priority to immigrate here.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for responding, and thanks for proving my point. You're not able to tell me what he said because you didn't really listen. I wouldn't mind having a President who would meet with the Iranian President, and that's because I believe in diplomacy. Shouldn't we hear these people out and hear their reason/excuse, that way we can show them where we feel they're wrong.

Okay, I'm going to go easy on you, just tell me what you think might make a Black man who grew up in the south in the 60's so bitter -if you can think of anything...

If we don't ALL make a decision to try for better race relations, then that makes us no better than the pastor.
    Actually I'm not sure what your point is. I heard the main parts of his speech. He didn't answer the questions I had as to why he would stay under the teachings of a man who hates America, tells lies about American (HIV/AIDS), talks about Jews they way he does, and whites. There is racism in every community. There is racism black community (reverend Wright surely proves that), you see it in India in the caste system, you see it culture in Asian communities. So to say that racism is a white issue is just beyond the pale of any real ministry. Any one who wants to be President of the most powerful nation of the world should know that a 20 year relationship with this man would be detrimental. It still goes back to judgment. I don't trust him and his judgment. It's a shame. He was the first black American who might be President but this association and the length of this association will hurt him.

He never said, "I had a private meeting with the pastor and told him he was wrong about 911, he was wrong about HIV/AIDS, etc." I would have had much more respect for him if he had said, I met with him I told him I disagree with FACTUAL ERRS that he is preaching and I can't have my children hearing those things at a church I attend. I must leave the church."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The point is you have not one time answered the question about what might make some older Blacks bitter. If you can't recognize what Blacks have been through, then you can't start the healing. After all these years it seems Whites can't bring themsleves to admit the wrongs done to Blacks. I am one American who has paid attention to history, and I can say with certainty that I have a better understanding of the Black experience in America.

I don't owe Blacks a darn thing, but I recognize the injustices they have endured. That's why I'm asking you what possible reason/excuse could lead a child of the 60's to feel animosity towards the greatest country on earth. And you apparently can't do that...

Actually, this isn't about me or anyone else. It's about a black racist minister who hates whites, jews, and America. It's about a Presidential candidate that says he is about bring us all together yet attends a church where the black racist presides over a congregation. It's about a Presidential candidate who disinvited his own pastor from the announcement of his candidacy because "he is controversial." Confirmed by Wofford tonight. So saying you've "never sat in the pew when he said these things", then saying today he has heard some of them, connect the dots, he's lying.

I think "bitter" is a very good word. Bitterness has tentacles that reach down into a soul and distorts everything and hurts everyone around them. Unfortunately for reverend Wright he doesn't understand the Bible he says he believes. If he is "bitter" perhaps his life would have been far different if he had forgiven. A powerful word forgive.

As far as assuming that others don't know history or been associated with those that have been hurt or perhaps been hurt themselves is assuming way too much.

I don't think that bouncing off this controversial ministers remarks is any platform to begin a dialogue on bringing the races together. JMHO

Gogo you make many valid points, and I agree with them to a degree. The main point I'm trying to make is that for Obama to embrace hatred of Whites would be to hate himself, his mother, grandmother and other relatives. When he's heard his OWN family members make racist remarks, then it gives him a perspective we don't have. My question is the same type question a marriage counselor might ask. How can a couple work on a marriage when one can't admit anything he/she has done wrong.

A co-worker asked me the same question I'm asking you, and I answered slavery. He said "No, imagine having 4 degrees and being treated no better than a porter, just because you're Black." That was the reality for many educated Blacks, those who did everything they could to achieve success for themselves were regularly denied.

Many Americans alive today remember the first time a Black baseball player was allowed to play with Whites, and it wasn't that long ago when Blacks in the military were only allowed to have Black soldiers under their command. So again, is it so hard to believe an old Black man has wounds that haven't healed?

Obama has every right to believe what he wants and to associate with any church he so desires.

However, he does not have the right to be elected to the President of the United States when he has had a 20 year association with a church that is perceived by many to promote a racist, Anti-America Agenda.

The issue now seems to be one of perception in how can the majority of Americans be confident Obama will represent the interests of ALL Americans with the passion and zeal he claims he will do when he has had a 20 year relationship with a church that seems to promote hate. At the least, his 20 year association with this church shows very poor judgement for someone who claims he wants to "bring everyone together."

Further, his denial of knowing anything about the racist rants of Wright is very troubling in that we are expected to believe the rants of Wright took place only in the absence of Obama.

Obama's actions seem to be in conflict with his words. That's the issue he will be left to deal with.

Personally, I could care less about Obama's Church or his association with this Wright character. The fact is, I would never vote for Obama in a million years because I do not agree with any of his policies.

His speech was about race relations (????) and NOT his pastor and his relationship with him FOR 20 YEARS! He says the pastor can get "rough"??? The guy sells CD's of the "rough" stuff.

See my earlier post and how the churched has covered up their real direction now with all the media attention... What's that tell you? DAMAGE CONTROL.

If I hung out with the head of the KKK, would some of it effect me AFTER 20 years? YES!! Would I stop hanging with him listening to that crap??? DEFFINATELY!!! He was young and impressionable and a kid of the streets doing drugs, he had no direction and no dad. BE SERIOUS, come out from the sand dune your head in in.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12