Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Raw Video: Soldiers Plant Flags at Arlington for Memorial Day

Raw Video: Soldiers Plant Flags at Arlington for Memorial Day

Soldiers are placing more than 220,000 small U.S. flags at Arlington National Cemetery to mark the start of Memorial Day weekend activities. (May 24)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

John Wayne and the Pledge of Allegiance

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-25-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance

Below is the transcript of the Pledge of Allegiance performance on "THE RED SKELTON HOUR", January 14, 1969. Red Skelton's Pledge Of Allegiance has been read twice into the Congressional Record, and received 42 Awards for Patriotism. Be sure to have your computer speakers on to hear the story as told by Mr. Skelton himself.

"I've been listening to you boys and girls recite the Pledge of Allegiance all semester and it seems as though it is becoming monotonous to you. If I may, may I recite it and try to explain to you the meaning of each word?"

I
    me, an individual, a committee of one.

Pledge
    dedicate all of my worldly goods to give without self pity.

Allegiance
    my love and my devotion.

To the flag
    our standard, Old Glory, a symbol of freedom. Wherever she waves, there's respect because your loyalty has given her a dignity that shouts freedom is everybody's job.

United
    that means that we have all come together.

States
    individual communities that have united into 48 great states. Forty-eight individual communities with pride and dignity and purpose, all divided with imaginary boundaries, yet united to a common purpose, and that's love for country.

And to the republic
    republic, a state in which sovereign power is invested in representatives chosen by the people to govern. And government is the people and it's from the people to the leaders, not from the leaders to the people.

For which it stands, one nation
    one nation, meaning so blessed by God

Indivisible
    incapable of being divided.

With liberty
    which is freedom; the right of power to live one's own life without threats, fear, or some sort of retaliation.

And Justice
    the principle or quality of dealing fairly with others.

For all
    for all, which means, boys and girls, it's as much your country as it is mine. And now Boys and girls, let me hear you recite the Pledge of Allegiance:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
    of the United States of America,
    and to the Republic for which it stands:
    one Nation indivisible,
    With Liberty and Justice for all.

Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country and two words have been added to the Pledge of Allegiance... Under God. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-25-2012 at 01:54 AM.

AMAZING GRACE (Bag Pipes)

Remember Me

Old Guard, US Army Rifle Team performs at Spirit of America

The US Army Drill Team, Rifle Squad, performs a couple of very intricate and pin point perfect drills at The Spirit of America show. These soldiers practice around 6-7 hours a day for this. They are dedicated to doing the very best they can. This show sends shivers up and down your spine if you take any pride in the US Military at all.

USMC Silent Drill Platoon

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-25-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Rolling Thunder Marines Vigil to Like a Rock

Marine Honors Military at Rolling Thunder 2011

Uploaded by gti2005 on May 30, 2011

The "Lone Marine", SSgt Tim Chambers (Ret.) stands tall and salutes during Rolling Thunder 2011 in Washington, D.C.

Original news story is here on MyFoxDC: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loca...thunder-053011

Tomb Guards Reprimanding Visitors (Arlington Cemetery)

This is a compilation of all the videos I've found of sentinels acting to keep visitors quiet and respectful--and they are hard to come by. The sentinels at Arlington Cemetery's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (from the 3rd Infantry Regiment, US Army) aren't just automatons! They actively guard the atmosphere at the tomb, telling visitors to remain respectful by quieting down or by staying off restricted areas. I've added subtitles to the video for the full effect of the guards' "third-person" warnings. My thanks to the YouTubers who have supplied the clips used in this compilation. If you have a clip that isn't represented here but should be, please let me know! Thanks for watching.
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-26-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast