Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Records for 150,000 Colorado voters missing

Jun 11, 12:12 AM EDT

Records for 150,000 Colo. voters missing

U.S. Video

DENVER (AP) -- Records containing personal information on more than 150,000 voters are missing at city election offices, and officials are trying to determine if the files were lost, moved or stolen.

The Denver Election Commission is also trying to figure out why officials didn't learn the records were missing until June 1, even though they are believed to have disappeared nearly four months earlier.

"We will get to the bottom of it," commission spokesman Alton Dillard told the Rocky Mountain News in Saturday's editions.

Police were notified about the missing records Saturday. The microfilmed voter registration files from 1989 to 1998 were in a 500-pound cabinet that disappeared when the commission moved to new offices in February. The files contain voters' Social Security numbers, addresses and other personal information.

Dillard said election staffers are scouring the commission's new and old offices and its warehouse. He said employees of the moving company, which was bonded, are also being questioned.

Also missing was a box with cards signed by voters who cast early ballots. The cards contain names, birth dates, addresses, signatures and partial Social Security numbers.

The missing files were first reported May 31 on a Web log run by Lisa Jones, a former temporary worker at the election commission. Officials said City Councilwoman Judy Montero saw the blog and told them about it the next day.

Jones said she believes commission officials knew of the lost files by April.

Buy AP Photo Reprints

Dillard said top officials of the commission are trying to determine whether lower-ranking staff knew about the situation before last week.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here we go again, anyone know the total of "records" now missing? I'll bet once it hits 20-60 million, it will stop...

This may be so they can be used to furnish the illegals with documentation.

Personally, I think we are going to hear a faint whisper of 'well, our ID system has been so compromised, we simply can't trust it - therefore, we must issue a national ID card'.

Just wait, I think we will hear some 'simple, everyday person coming on TV and spouting such garbage'. It will be then taken up by this talk show host and that congresscritter - and soon it will be an accepted thing.

My goodness, what else can we do???? We are just powerless against these thieves - right?????

Of course, we could clean out the country, give everyone the opportunity to check out their SS and other gov. files - and close down the borders.

But hey, that would make too much sense.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's getting rediculious. Create the problem and you bet this is their excuse for a National ID.

Who is in control?

This is a carefully orchestrated plan by the El Bushero administration to provide additional ssn's for his illegal Latino brothers and sisters to illegally vote and defraud social security and other tax payer funded services. All illegal aliens will receive social security while Amercans who spent their working lives paying into the system will receive nothing. I am willing to bet all pro-illegal immigration candidates will win the next election as there will be millions of fraudulent votes and multiple votes by illegal aliens resulting from all the missing data from various agencies.. All this is compliments of an administration who doesn't give a rat's ass about Americans. And illegal aliens have been granted amnesty for their sins. Bet those movers were illegal aliens.....How convenient all these losses occur during the height of the illegal alien immigration debate. I wonder how many Jorge Rodriguez's are using my ssn compliments of the VA and the jackass administration?