Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Regime Runs Apology Ad on Pakistani TV

video at link below

Regime Runs Apology Ad on Pakistani TV

September 21, 2012
    BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: I'm minding my own business here preparing the program. I'm not bothering anybody. I happen to look up at Fox, and I see they're doing a story. It's this morning, two hours ago. There's a graphic at the bottom of the screen, and you know what the graphic says? "White House compares Middle East upheaval to the Berlin Wall falling." I said, "What in the world, the Berlin Wall falling? This is more like 1979. The Berlin Wall falling meant freedom. We got tyranny spreading across the Middle East. They didn't burn the embassy in Berlin. Now they're burning the embassy in Pakistan.

Speaking of, folks, you gotta hear this. Let me find it. Sound bite 12. I mentioned this to you yesterday on the program, and then last night I finally got the audio. You're not gonna get everything listening to this, but you'll get enough. There's some graphics on the screen, a little translation, but for the most part this a 42-second commercial. It's an Obama regime ad apologizing to the Muslim world in Pakistan for the video. Now, that story's over. Everybody's admitting that Susan Rice was sent out to try to establish a narrative on the Sunday shows that the video was the reason for all of this, and that's imploded. So their narrative has imploded. But they are continuing to apologize. Somebody said, "Well, you know, the embassy in Pakistan is just a bunch of neophytes as the embassy in Cairo." It's not the embassy; it's Obama. This is his show. He's giving the orders. It's his culture that has been established in this administration.
    The culture of any organization is set up by the guy on top. That's why the culture here is so clean and pure as the wind-driven snow, optimistic, upbeat, happy, achievement oriented. I set the culture here. Roger Ailes sets the culture at Fox News. That's amazing, all the hundreds of people there, that culture. Obama sets the culture for the regime. So they can try to pass all this off on the employees at various embassies. And I have no doubt that they're little knuckleheads that come out of conflict resolution 101 and all that, but you gotta hear this.
    Keep in mind now that they're burning the flag and the embassy in Pakistan's under siege. More than 17 people have died in demonstrations in Pakistan after the government declared today that it would be a public holiday to let people protest. You know what they're doing? There's a public holiday in Pakistan to let people protest under the banner of Love the Prophet Day. And all carrying this notion forward that this video out there has so blasphemed the prophet, that whole countries have to get the day off now to deal with it.
    And then in the midst of all this, 17 people have died in demonstrations. It's Love the Prophet Day and 17 people die. This ad is running on Pakistani television.
    OBAMA: Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None.
    HILLARY: Let me state very clearly, and I hope it is obvious, that the United States government had absolutely nothing to do with this video. We absolutely reject its content and message. America's commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation.
    RUSH: That's... Folks, that's... I can't believe this! But it's true. That ad is running all over Pakistani TV. We were, if not the first, among the first to tell you about this yesterday. Now, we didn't have the actual audio of the ad, but we knew about it. Now, the ad obviously isn't working. (stifling laughter) Sorry. I don't want to laugh, but it's so pathetic. This is just embarrassing. This is rank incompetence, and they're dead serious. You have to understand now: Somebody thinks this is a brilliant idea. They actually do!
    Stop and think of that.
    Somebody at the regime thinks this is a brilliant idea!
    It cost $70,000. Yep! It cost the embassy 70 grand, $70,000 to run that. The White House is comparing the Middle East upheaval to the Berlin Wall coming down? In their dreams! Either they don't understand what happened at the Berlin Wall or else they're depressed about what happened at the Berlin Wall. (laughing) There's probably a little bit of that. Or they're just idiots. By the way, I gotta give a shot-out to Andrea Tarantula at Fox News on The Five show yesterday. This was great. Beckel! Poor Bob. Poor Bob.
    You know, he's on Fox. He has to spout the regime line, and the regime line is "Osama's dead and GM's alive," and that means Obama's the best-qualified president ever or what have you. And apparently Bob Beckel kept repeating, "GM's alive, Osama Bin Laden is dead," to which Andrea Tarantula said, "So is our ambassador in Libya." Ouch, and double ouch! Snerdley is applauding that on the other side of the glass.
    "So is our ambassador to Libya."
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: You're over-thinking it. Yeah, I just threw out a very obvious question to Snerdley. Let's go to Benghazi for a second. I said, "Why would you not blame terrorism for this? Why would you go out of your way to blame a video? Why would you not blame terrorist activity for this?" Well, Snerdley gave me this ten-minute dissertation. "Well, if you're out playing golf and if you're not reading the intelligence briefs and usual..." No. No, no, no, no. I mean, other than that it's a great answer.
    Don't misunderstand. The natural instinct was good. It was a political effort. That guy with the video equals Romney! That guy with the video equals conservative. You blame the video because they're the bigger enemy. The video and conservatives are the bigger enemy than Al-Qaeda is. You the blame the video for the campaign. It's a campaign tactic. It was a strategery, and it's backfired. The video was made by a "conservative Christian." That's the story, and they're sticking to it.
    Another reason: Why wouldn't you want to blame the terrorists? I mean, remember 9/11/2001? Terrorism, it happens. It's been happening for two or three decades. Why would you, as president of the United States, go out of your way to exonerate the terrorists who killed your own ambassador? Why would you do that? Folks, the answer to that is a profundity. Well, you could say, "If you blame the terrorists then they really get mad. Oh-ho, then the really get mad!"

There might be some of that in the State Department. There might be some thinking along those lines. If you blame the terrorists, then you are admitting that your foreign policy's in shambles. If you blame the terrorists, it mean your security isn't up to snuff. If you the blame the terrorists, it means they got away with it. If you blame the terrorists, it blows to smithereens this whole notion from 2008 that it was never gonna happen anymore because Obama's in there.
    "The world loves Obama. Obama gave the speech in Cairo. Everybody loves the guy, unifies the world, makes America loved again!" Uh-oh. In the middle of the campaign, 9/11 anniversary, terrorists try to blow up our embassy in Cairo, and they wreak the damage and the murder and mayhem in Benghazi. So this guy, the president of the United States, takes the easy way out and blames some irrelevant video on YouTube for this.
    He then runs an ad in Pakistan apologizing for the video! Still, that ad's on the air after the embassy in Cairo apologized in advance of any violence. It's all about the fact that Obama can't be made to look incompetent. He can't be made to look like the promise of 2008 was false and phony. But more than anything, it's what I have said. We, American conservatives, pose a greater threat to Barack Obama than Al-Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, or any of the other terrorist organizations over there.
    But I think if you just think about it in this context: He did everything, and still is, to exonerate the terrorists. They sent Susan Rice out on television to say, "Oh, it's the video!" Stephanie Cutter: "Oh, it was the video." They sent everybody out to say that, or that it was Mitt Romney. It was the video and Romney didn't know what he was doing. He "shot before he aimed" or "aimed before he shot," whatever that phrase is. I think when you stop and think about it in context, it is absolutely chilling.
    Here we have an act of terrorism -- our ambassador's dead along with two SEALs and a State Department official -- and the president went out of his way, and still is, to exonerate those who are guilty. And they've admitted it, by the way. They've now admitted it had nothing to do with the video. It was a preplanned attack, two or three days in the works. A hundred people, RPGs, mortars, you name it -- and still it's the video. I think it is just so telling. It is so instructive of who this guy is.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: eventy thousand taxpayer dollars have been spent to run a TV ad in Pakistan where the rioting continues. What is it, 17 people dead? Now they're rioting at movie theaters in Pakistan, and the movie hasn't even been seen. This is an ad in Pakistan. It's Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama apologizing to the people of Pakistan for the video. Here's the audio of the ad...
    OBAMA: Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None.
    HILLARY: Let me state very clearly, and I hope it is obvious, that the United States government had absolutely nothing to do with this video. We absolutely reject its content and message. America's commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation.
    RUSH: This, to me, is unbelievable. The video is responsible for nothing. And why, again, would you not want to hold the terrorists who killed our ambassador accountable instead of this guy with the video? It is just... This is an example of the incompetence on parade. It's also an illustration of what they think their real enemy is -- and it's us, folks, as conservatives. It's conservatives who pose a bigger threat to the ambitions of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton than terrorists do. We stand in the way of their acquisition of power far more than the terrorists do. That's how they look at it, and that's why they're trying to blame this guy all over the world, in order to taint all of us.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Regime Runs Apology Ad on Pakistani TV - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Let me make this clear they attack our embassy, kill our people, and we apologize????? Say what!!!!! Traitor in arms in this video!!!!

AP Sources: Obama Administration to Remove Iranian Militant Group From Terror List

Members of the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq organization chant slogans and hold banners during a tour organized by the Iraqi government for foreign diplomats in Baghdad, Iraq, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012. (Credit: AP)

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration will remove from the U.S. terrorism list an Iranian militant group formerly allied with Saddam Hussein, officials said Friday, describing a move that will infuriate Tehran and end years of high-profile campaigning by the group.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will notify Congress of her intent later Friday, the officials said. A court order had given her until Oct. 1 to make a decision about the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq, or MEK. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak about the matter.

Clinton’s decision comes just days after the last big batch of the Iranian exiles reluctantly left their decades-old paramilitary base in northeastern Iraq, relocating for now to a refugee camp outside Baghdad. The U.S. had insisted that the MEK’s 3,000 members comply with an Iraqi demand to leave Camp Ashraf as a condition of the MEK’s removal from the list of foreign terrorist organizations.

Derided by its critics as a cult, the group has journeyed through multiple countries and the shifting alliances of the Middle East over its four-decade history. The MEK helped Islamic clerics overthrow Iran’s shah before carrying out a series of bombings and assassinations against the Iranian government. It fought in the 1980s alongside Saddam’s forces in the Iran-Iraq war, but disarmed after the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. It has since suffered violent recriminations from Iraq’s new Shiite-dominated government.

Members of the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq organization seen inside the Liberty refugee camp in Baghdad, Iraq, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012. (Credit: AP)

The decision to remove the MEK list rested on two factors: whether it still had the capacity and intent to commit acts of terror. Several American military officials and defense contractors were killed by the MEK in the 1970s, U.S. officials maintain, and its attacks have killed hundreds of Iranians. But the group contended it swore off violence more than a decade ago and now only seeks a peaceful overthrow of Iran’s theocratic government.

The MEK assembled a high-profile roster of champions even as it remained on the U.S. blacklist. Luminaries who‘ve advocated for the MEK’s removal from the list include former Attorney General Michael Mukasey, former FBI Director Louis Freeh, former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and James Jones, President Barack Obama’s first national security adviser.

That led the Treasury Department earlier this year to examine whether the officials were providing illegal material support to designated terrorists; that civil inquiry probably would be nullified now. Removal from the list also should make it easier for the MEK to raise money and recruit in the United States.

The organization is far from Iran’s mainstream opposition, however.

The group has an ideology mixing Marxism, secularism, an obsession with martyrdom and near adoration of its leaders. A 2009 report by the security think tank RAND accuses it of fraudulent recruiting as well as “authoritarian control, confiscation of assets, sexual control (including mandatory divorce and celibacy), emotional isolation, forced labor, sleep deprivation, physical abuse and limited exit options.”
    MEK supporters say this is Iranian propaganda, pointing to several former members who’ve freely left the group.

It also vehemently rejects the Iranian accusation that members have worked with Israel to assassinate several Iranian nuclear scientists. U.S. officials say there is no evidence to suggest recent terrorist activity by the group.

U.S. officials said Clinton’s letter to Congress would not amount to a final designation. That will probably come in a couple of weeks as officials unfreeze assets held by the group in the United States and other legal work that might allow it to open a U.S. office.

Camp Ashraf is not yet fully closed. An estimated 200 exiles remain there to try to sell off the property that was left behind in the move, but Iraq’s government wants them to leave quickly.

The hostility of Baghdad’s Shiite leaders reflect its desire to build stronger ties with Iran, but also the deep hatred for the group in Iraq because of its purported role in helping Saddam crush Shiite and Kurdish revolts in the 1990s.

When the MEK handed over its hundreds of tanks and artillery pieces to U.S. forces, the Bush administration agreed to protect the group and posted soldiers and a general at the camp for years. The army and the MEK even worked on joint patrols and other emergency plans.

But for Iraqi authorities the camp remained a no-go zone. In effect, the MEK attempted to defend a sovereign zone inside the post-Saddam Iraq, which U.S. officials say contributed to violence.

An Iraqi raid last year left 34 exiles dead.

The MEK has shown footage of the atrocities and gained U.S. support. But it said it needed the administration to act because the terrorist label helped Iraqi authorities justify mistreatment of its members and made it harder for residents to find permanent homes in other nations.

Most of its members are now in Camp Liberty, a former U.S. base designed as a compromise way-station for the United Nations to speed them out of Iraq peacefully. Several governments are weighing whether to accept them. Washington could allow the immigration of some, but none that were actively involved in terrorist attacks from the 1970s-1990s, officials have said.

After suffering a crackdown under Iran’s monarchy, the MEK helped Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini overthrow U.S.-backed Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi in Iran’s Islamic Revolution in 1979.

It then quickly fell out with Khomeini, and thousands of its followers were killed, imprisoned or forced into exile. It launched its campaign of assassinations and bombings against Iran’s government in retaliation. The U.S. declared it a terrorist organization in 1997 at a time when Washington sought warmer relations with Tehran under the reformist presidency of Mohammad Khatami.

Yet the group also has provided the Americans with intelligence on Iran and convinced many governments that it has abandoned terrorism. In 2002, it revealed Iran’s secret work on uranium enrichment near the city of Natanz – intelligence that many speculated came from Israel’s Mossad.

It claims to have a strong network of sympathizers and informants inside Iran. But would-be reformers have distanced themselves from the movement. The Green Movement that protested after the 2009 fraud-riddled re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has publicly shunned the MEK.

Still, the group presses on with its goal of replacing the Iranian regime with a democratic, secular government. It says its parliament in exile includes Kurds, Baluchis, Armenians, Jews and Zoroastrians.

Because the MEK cannot operate legally in the U.S., it has lobbied its cause through several front organizations. Maryam Rajavi is the ostensible head of the whole movement from the France headquarters of the National Council of Resistance of Iran. Her husband, Massoud, was the MEK’s leader before he disappeared in Baghdad nine years ago. He is presumed dead.

The terror designation “was illegitimate from the onset,” said Shahin Gobadi, a Paris-based spokesman for the group. He called it an impediment to change in Iran, an unfair punishment of the MEK and the justification for Iraqi mistreatment of its members.

AP Sources: Obama Administration to Remove Iranian Militant Group From Terror List | TheBlaze.com

How about we remove them and put obummer and clickclinton on that list...

Obama vs American Reality

Posted on September 21, 2012 by Conservative Byte

By Jerald Taylor

The Ft. Hood Massacre was not Treason or Terrorism. It was an act of “workplace violence” This is patently false. The man was acting as a Muslim and cried out, “Allah Akbar!” (God is great in Arabic – this is the cry of Muslim Jihad) He now refuses to shave his beard and appear in proper US Army uniform for his court martial. He wants to be tried as a Muslim, not as a soldier. His act was directly against the US military and on behalf of radical Islam.

The events in Libya and Cairo were supposedly not coordinated attacks by al Qaeda, they were spontaneous acts of people who were legitimately upset over a tasteless film. This even though the attacks came with heavy weapons that are not by demonstrators and the security forces in Cairo conveniently disappeared while the US flag over our sovereign embassy was torn down, ripped apart, and replaced by an al Qaeda flag. The last time this happened was in Iraq under Jimmy Carter. Being legitimately upset over a tasteless film does not justify murder or taking control of a sovereign embassy. Obama still plans to give the Egyptian government, now ruled by the Muslim Brotherhood, over a billion US dollars in aid. The president of Libya has clearly stated that the attacks in his country were run by al Qaida, were well coordinated and planned before news of the film was even known. At least he is acting like an ally should.

The use of the word Apology regarding the anti-Islamic film was incorrect. That is true. The embassy in Cairo did not apologize for the film. They condemned the film. This is not an apology, it is an abject prostration. I agree the film was tasteless, but how can the party which defends the right of people to place a cross in urine and call it art go to the length of condemnation because someone makes a tasteless film. Oh, yeah, Christians turn the other check and do not riot over such things and Muslims do. Therefore we must pander to them and pretend to be shocked about things which would not bother us at all if it referred to Christians.

The United States President does not have time to meet with Netanyahu of Israel, but he can find time for fund raisers and meetings with the President of Egypt. Meanwhile, Iran, governed by self-avowed enemies of both the United States (the Great Satan) and Israel, draws closer to production of a nuclear weapon that has the potential to empower a promised destruction of Israel and/or a massive terror attack on the United States. When this attack happens, and it shall happen unless something is done to prevent it, the attack will be directly the fault of Obama.

US aid sent by Obama to Brazil for off shore drilling, while projects in the USA cannot get US gov’t approval. These projects, which could provide jobs in the US, wait for the government to get off its ass and let them start. Obama does not want to reduce our purchases of oil from Arab countries.

Quantitative Easing has reduced the purchasing power of our dollars and the deficit is worse than ever. Meanwhile the democrat controlled senate has not even brought a budget bill to the floor for an up or down vote. The house bills may not be what the senate wants, but Harry Reid has the responsibility to at least allow a vote, so the people can see who wants what and vote accordingly.
    These things do not look like the actions of a party that is trying to improve the lot of Americans or stand up for our ideals. What are you going to do about it in November?

Read more: Obama vs American Reality | Conservative Byte

Obama vs American Reality | Conservative Byte

Also this one as well...just the facts

By the numbers: President Obama’s economy

Posted on January 24, 2012 by Conservative Byte
    Claims vs. reality

Continue Reading on video.foxnews.com ...

Read more: By the numbers: President Obama’s economy | Conservative Byte
    Last edited by kathyet; 09-22-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Hope & Change, Then & Now: We've Heard It All Before, Mr. Obama...

anybody tired of the BS yet???