Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Remembering My First Mugging | Unlike Christine Blasey Ford, I remember everything

Remembering My First Mugging

Jack Cashill

Unlike Christine Blasey Ford, I remember everything about the traumatic incident.

October 1, 2018
    By Jack Cashill

The racial/ethnic language in this piece is precisely what was used at the time. My apologies in advance if it offends anyone, especially my Italian cousins and black nephews.
    In the aftermath of the Judge Brett Kavanaugh hearing on Thursday, there was a good deal of discussion about how much victims of a traumatic experience are expected to remember.
    Although I have been seriously threatened on two occasions – kids, don't hitchhike – I have never been sexually assaulted. I have, however, been mugged. When I stopped to question what I remember about that incident, the answer was "everything." Although I was only nine years old at the time, I can corroborate my story. Prey to the unknowable logic of motherhood, my mom chose to paste the newspaper account of this, my first official mugging, in her scrapbook. I was in the fourth grade at the time.
    Dad Avenges $3 Robbery
    Three 11-year-old boys were arrested by the detective father of a 9-year-old boy whom the trio stopped on the street and robbed of $3 yesterday in front of 55 Myrtle Avenue.
    As the Newark Evening News told the tale, I was returning home from the grocery store where I "had gone on an errand" – a quaint notion – when the three boys stopped me. One boy held his hands over my eyes while the other boys rifled my pockets. The trio then fled. I reported the incident to my father, "Detective William Cashill of the Youth Aid Bureau," and then we "toured the neighborhood" until I pointed out the boys. The three confessed and were released to their parents' custody. End of story.
    Not quite. The truth, as always, was a bit more complicated. The three "older" boys were black. I did not resist when the one kid put his hands over my eyes because I thought the hands belonged to a friend of mine from the block. "Earl," I joked, "is that you?"
    When some other hands grabbed me and started rifling my pockets, I realized it was not Earl, and this was not a goof. I turned to look, and even today I can see what I saw: the boys running away, the building they ran by, the exact spot where I was when they took my money.
    At the time, I worried as much about my parents thinking me careless as about the crime itself. Three dollars may have been the most money I was ever entrusted with, the equivalent of about $25 today. I trudged home, crestfallen, and told my tale of woe to my mother, who prided herself on being no one's fool. Her first instinct was to challenge my story. Only when satisfied that I was on the level did she explode. I remember her very words. That day marked the first time I ever heard her use "black."
    Lest the reader think my mother a racist, allow me to share one other story. Just a few months prior, my Cub Scout den mother invited us all to bring a new kid to the next meeting at her house. I brought my good friend Albert, a classmate since kindergarten.
    All seemed to go well enough until meeting's end. Just as I was leaving, the den mother took me aside and dressed me down for bringing a colored kid. I didn't tell Albert, but I did tell my mother. Enraged, she picked up the phone, called the den mother, and roasted her royally. I remember her words that day, too. It was the first time I ever heard my mother say "guinea."
    Politically incorrect she may have been, but my mother did have a rough sense of justice and was prepared to enforce it. Albert went on to become one of Cub Pack 115's most decorated scouts.
    On the day of the mugging, we didn't tour the neighborhood, as reported, but went straight to the nearby Roseville Avenue School. I remember the principal as a heavyset white woman who assured us that none of her boys would ever do such a thing.
    She suggested we go look at the Eighth Street School a half mile away. My father quietly reminded her that the crime took place about one hundred feet from her school's playground, that the boys in question were colored, and that her school had myriad colored boys from which to choose. "Well, you can look," she sniffed.
    As we left the office, my father said, "The trouble with Jews is that they believe the coloreds can do no wrong." This was the first and only time I heard my father offer an opinion about Jews.
    My father and I went from class to class. I remember how queasy I felt walking into each classroom. Other than race and the back of one boy's distinctive rayon shirt, I had no way to ID the perps. If I failed, I feared my father would disbelieve me. As we entered the last unvisited classroom, a goofy-looking kid in the first row pulled a book up in front of his face and held it there, shaking. He looked guilty.
    "Dad," I said hopefully, "I think this kid might be one of them." When my father asked him to come up front, he blurted out, "I didn't take that boy's three dollars." As cops will tell you, crime rarely attracts the best and brightest. The kid quickly ratted out his buddies. It turned out that the rayon shirt I had identified was rayon only on the back. The front was a quilted pattern. I remember what it looked like. I remember feeling vindicated.
    To this day, I remember the mugging as if it happened yesterday. But I had an advantage over the good Dr. Ford. I had not had even "one beer."

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...t_mugging.html

I've been waiting for someone to ask about this. How could you NOT remember this day?

She couldn't recall if polygraph test was on the same day of her grandmother's funeral…less than two months ago!

Christine Blasey Ford Doesn't Know if Polygraph Was on Day of Grandma's Funeral

Prosecutor: Christine Blasey Ford Doesn’t Know if Polygraph Was on Day of Grandmother’s Funeral

Win McNamee/Getty Images1 Oct 20181,275

The final Senate report from Rachel Mitchell, the sex crimes prosecutor who interviewed Brett Kavanaugh and his accuser Christine Blasey Ford, questions Blasey Ford’s “struggle to recall important recent events” such as whether she took her polygraph test the same day as her grandmother’s funeral.

Appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee last Thursday, Blasey Ford — the California professor who brought forth an allegation of teenage sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh, President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee — said she did not know whether her polygraph examination less than two months ago occurred on the same day her grandmother was buried. This discrepancy is listed among nine categories of strikes against Blasey Ford’s testimony which led Mitchell to conclude her account did not meet the preponderance-of-the-evidence standard.
    When asked why Jerry Hanafin, the polygraph administrator, conducted the examination at a hotel near the Baltimore–Washington International Airport, instead of his Virginia office, Ford revealed time constraints left her unable to travel far for the test.
    “I had left my grandmother’s funeral at that point at Fort Lincoln Cemetery that day and I was on a tight scheduled to get to make a plane to Manchester, New Hampshire,” the 51-year-old professor told Mitchell. “He was willing to come to me, which was appreciated.”
    “So you were administered a polygraph on the day that you attended your grandmother’s funeral?” Mitchell asked.
    “Correct, or it might have been the next day,” Ford responded.
    She then turned to her attorney, Debra Katz, and said she did not remember the exact day the test was taken.
    “Dr. Ford could not remember if she was being audio- or video-recorded when she took the polygraph,” the memo reads. “And she could not remember whether the polygraph occurred the same day as her grandmother’s funeral or the day after her grandmother’s funeral.”
    According to Mitchell, administering a polygraph to an individual who is “grieving” is “inappropriate.”
    As Breitbart News has previously reported, Blasey Ford was only asked two broad questions during her polygraph exam: “Is any part of your statement false?” and “Did you make up any part of your statement?”
    “Ford was not asked any specific questions about the specific allegation,” Breitbart’s John Nolte pointed out — no questions to name Kavanaugh as her attacker or about the details of her story. “There are also no test or baseline questions where the subject is intentionally asked to lie.”
    The memo’s release comes after the White House ordered the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to launch a week-long investigation into the allegations against Kavanaugh, a request made by Jeff Flake (R-AZ) moments before the committee was slated to vote that Kavanaugh’s confirmation be sent to the full Senate for a vote.
    ”I think it would be proper to delay the floor vote for up to but not more than one week in order to let the FBI do an investigation, limited in time and scope to the current allegations that are there, limited in time to no more than one week,” Flake said. “And I will vote to advance the bill to the floor with that understanding.”
    White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders would announce hours later that President Donald Trump would accommodate the request and asked the FBI to probe the claims. “I’ve ordered the FBI to conduct a supplemental investigation to update Judge Kavanaugh’s file,” President Trump said in a statement. “As the Senate has requested, this update must be limited in scope and completed in less than one week.”
    In a separate statement released through the White House, Kavanaugh said he stood ready to cooperate in the investigation. “Throughout this process, I’ve been interviewed by the FBI, I’ve done a number of ‘background’ calls directly with the Senate, and yesterday, I answered questions under oath about every topic the Senators and their counsel asked me,” said Kavanaugh. “I’ve done everything they have requested and will continue to cooperate.”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...thers-funeral/

The new virtue class

Like the boy who cried wolf, unsubstantiated allegations of sexual assault cast doubt on all the people who claim they are "survivors."

October 1, 2018
    By Ed Straker

Move over, minorities claiming victim status, men disguised as women, and illegal aliens: there's a new virtue class in town! It's called "alleged survivors of sexual assault." Any woman can be a member, simply by her own say-so. The group has five constituent parts:
    1. Actual survivors of sexual assault or rape. There is some sexual assault and rape in America, as there is in any country. But members of this subgroup, because of the trauma and possible embarrassment involved, don't usually go public with it to the Washington Post or the New Yorker. Quite often, though not always, they report such incidents to the police. More often than not, they at least contemporaneously tell other people about the incident at the time it occurred.

2. Mentally ill women who delude themselves into thinking they have been sexually assaulted.
    Some women, like some men, are mentally ill. They are deluded, or they have some other kind of trauma in their lives, and they convince themselves, falsely, that they have been sexually assaulted. It may seem a stretch for a sane person to think someone can create false memories, but if people can confuse themselves into thinking they are a different sex, than mentally fabricating an incident from years past is child's play. Christine Ford was not asked a single question about any psychiatric counseling, diagnoses, or medication she was on the receiving end of.
    3. Politically motivated women. Some women who are opposed to conservatives and Republicans claim they are "survivors" simply to gather attention to themselves as they try to destroy their political enemies. The woman who trapped Senator Jeff Flake in the elevator and yelled at him claimed she was a "survivor," without any evidence to back it up. By the way, Christine Ford is not only a Democrat, but an activist who has donated to liberal causes. She wasn't asked a single question about it.
    4. Women who are subject to boorish behavior. Women are sometimes subjected to boorish behavior by men. For example, men may expose themselves, which is wholly inappropriate, but is not rape, yet it is called "sexual assault" in the ever widening definition of this crime. If Brett Kavanaugh did expose himself to Deborah Ramirez (which I doubt), that would not be sexual assault.
    5. Women who consent to sexual activity and change their minds afterward. This is a big category. Women get excited in the heat of the moment but after the fact regret getting physical with a man. They then redefine sex as physical assault. That's the problem with rape that isn't accompanied by signs of physical injury – to an outside investigator, it looks just like sex. Waiting 30 years to mention it to somebody, without any evidence, doesn't lend credence to such a claim.
    The man-bashing harpy Senator Mazie Hirono says women who are "survivors" must be "believed." That is what this is all about. Anyone can claim membership in this group, without any evidence, and once self-declared membership has been announced, such people acquire victim status and the power to demand that everything they say be accepted as truth. Those accused are deemed guilty with no chance to prove their innocence, if such a thing could even be proved.
    But like the boy who cried wolf, unsubstantiated or even contradictory allegations of sexual assault cast doubt on all people who claim they are "survivors," whether their claim was valid or not. That's why the woman who trapped Jeff Flake claiming to be a "survivor" is about a credible a rape victim as Rachel Dolezal is as a chapter head of the NAACP.
    Ed Straker is the senior editor of Newsmachete.com.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...tue_class.html