Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. McCarthy: Trump Can Negotiate Better Deal to Prevent Nuclear Iran

Rep. McCarthy: Trump Can Negotiate Better Deal to Prevent Nuclear Iran

May 08, 2018 2:31 pm

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) agrees with President Trump's decision to withdraw the United States from the Iran nuclear deal.

The 2015 deal struck by the U.S., Iran and world powers lifted most U.S. and international sanctions against the country. In return, Iran agreed to restrictions on its nuclear program making it impossible to produce a bomb, along with rigorous inspections – terms generally set for 10-15 years.

"If the whole concept of this agreement was to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon, the agreement does not stop that," McCarthy said, pointing out that after the 10 to 15 years, Iran could resume its nuclear program.

Since Trump's decision to withdraw starts a 90-day countdown to the restoration of sanctions, McCarthy said that gives the Trump time to negotiate a better agreement, one that prevents Iran from ever having a nuclear weapon.

He noted that Trump's aggressive posture on North Korea has led to stunning progress on the possible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, and a similar strategy with Iran could have positive results.

"I think President Trump understands foreign policy," McCarthy said. "If our main goal here is ... Iran not to have a nuclear weapon, I would trust this president to actually get it done."

He added that Trump campaigned on pulling the U.S. out of the Obama-era agreement, so he -- and the country -- would lose credibility if he failed to do so.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/0...n-nuclear-deal
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I think President Trump understands foreign policy," McCarthy said.
    I think it's more that President Trump understands human nature!