Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Paul Ryan Says He is NOT Running for President

Rep. Paul Ryan Says He is NOT Running for President

August 22, 2011 3:17 PM

ABC’s Jonathan Karl (@jonkarl) reports:

After much speculation and some pressure from fellow Republicans, Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin and the House Budget Committee Chairman, says he is NOT running for President.

"I sincerely appreciate the support from those eager to chart a brighter future for the next generation. While humbled by the encouragement, I have not changed my mind, and therefore I am not seeking our party's nomination for President. I remain hopeful that our party will nominate a candidate committed to a pro-growth agenda of reform that restores the promise and prosperity of our exceptional nation. I remain grateful to those I serve in Southern Wisconsin for the unique opportunity to advance this effort in Congress."

Ryan's controversial budget plan, which includes hefty cuts to entitlement programs like Medicare, had made him a darling of the right this year and fanned the enthusiasm of his supporters for a possible White House bid.

So with a no-go on Ryan, where will Republicans disatisfied with the current crop of Republicans turn next?

Sarah Palin released another campaign-style video Friday after a brief visit to Iowa. She says she will announce her plans in early September.

Many place their hopes in New Jersey's Governor Chris Christie, who has previously said he is not interested in running this year.

And former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is nibbling around the edges of this issue once again. And even former New York Governor George Pataki may be jumping in, according to some reports out of that state.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/0 ... ident.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOVE Paul Ryan but it's not his time yet.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)