Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rep Ryan on debt ceiling increase: A proud moment for Pelosi

Paul Ryan on debt ceiling increase: "A proud moment" for Speaker Pelosi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri65YIXF ... r_embedded
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Speaker of the House came and just said something to the effect that this was a proud moment a happy occasion a bill shes really excited about. The bill were about to vote on, Madame Speaker, raises the national debt ceiling by $1.9 trillion. Even if I were a supporter of this bill, I wouldnt be proud of it.

Ive taken a look at the Presidents budget. On page 172, table S-9, the Presidents PAY-GO proposal says at the end of the budget window we can spend another $473 billion. So, were saying, all the debt thats going up, the tripling of the national debt, that were giving to our kids and grandkids, not only does that comply with pay-go, we can go ahead and spend another $473 billion on top of it. This, Madame Speaker, is a fiscal charade.

Real people, from both parties, need to step up and solve this problem. Ive thrown out a few ideas of my own. I hope other Republicans and Democrats do the same. Because Madame Speaker, if we dont tackle this problem, its going to tackle us.

Our constituents sent us here to be a part of the solution, and not a part of the problem. We know irrefutably were going to bequeath this mountain of deficit and debt onto the next generation. Both of our parties share in the blame. No one party corners a virtue on fiscal responsibility. But were going to together have to come down here and fix this problem once and for all, and doing this doesnt do it. Doing this is a cop-out. Doing this raises the debt limit $1.9 trillion, and gives us a fiscal cop-out so that we can go talk tough in the election about how we did this and that, while we bequeathed the next generation an inferior standard of living.

I didnt come here to make sure that my three kids are going to have a life thats worse off than ours. Nobody here wants that, so lets get this fixed, defeat this bill, come together, and get serious about real fiscal discipline. The American people are not under-taxed we overspend.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)