Safe States for Children: Here’s UPDATED List of Republican Governors Who Won’t Comply with CDC Mandates to Force COVID-19 Vaccination on Kids for School

By Jim Hoft
Published October 21, 2022 at 9:20pm
1508 Comments

It is common knowledge that COVID-19 poses no threat to young children, that mRNA vaccinations against the virus are not effective or safe, and that some people have even died after receiving a COVID vaccine. The CDC and its advisory council continue to push for mandatory childhood vaccinations despite all these facts.
The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) unanimously agreed on Thursday to propose adding COVID-19 to the recommended childhood immunization schedule for 2023 in 15-0 votes.

ACIP recommends the use of COVID-19 vaccines for everyone ages 6 months to adolescents and adult immunization schedules.
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) provides advice and guidance to the Director of the CDC regarding use of vaccines and related agents for the control of vaccine-preventable diseases in the civilian population of the United States. Recommendations made by the ACIP are reviewed by the CDC Director and, if adopted, are published as official CDC/HHS recommendations in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).

TRENDING: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: EcoHealth Whistleblower Dr. Andrew Huff: They Created the COVID-19 Virus Using Gain of Function in a Number of Laboratories and They Covered It Up (VIDEO)

The immunization schedules are updated annually in the late fall and are used as a guideline by states for school entry requirements and by physicians.
State or local authorities frequently consider the CDC’s schedule when establishing their school admission requirements.

Following the news that the CDC panels voted to include COVID-19 in the childhood immunization schedule, Republican governors publicly stated that they would not comply with CDC mandates and would not force children in their states to take COVID vaccine.
First on the list is Governor Ron DeSantis (FL-R) who didn’t hold back in his message to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday.
I know a lot of parents are concerned about that because if that’s on the immunization schedule, the fear is that schools could potentially mandate your child to get a Covid shot, even if that’s not something that you want to do. So I just want to let everyone be clear. You know, as long as I’m around and as long as I’m kicking and screaming there will be no Covid shot mandates for your kids. That is your decision,” DeSantis said during a press conference.
“That is your decision to make as a parent,” he added.
“The Surgeon General of Florida does not recommend this for young kids, for kids under 18. And basically as reason for that, there’s not really been a proven benefit for that. I mean, we can get into some of the potential side effects. You don’t even really need to do that. Not been a proven benefit,” he said.

Watch the video below:

Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis
·
Follow

As long as I am Governor, in Florida there will not be a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for children in our schools.

Watch on Twitter
1:51 PM · Oct 20, 2022

It can be recalled that Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo released a shocking report that there was an 84% increase in the incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. That is a huge number!

Dr. Ladapo recommended that young males from 18 to 39 refrain from taking the COVID vaccine.
Dr. Ladapo made it clear that COVID vaccines have no place in Florida.

Joseph A. Ladapo, MD, PhD
@FLSurgeonGen
·
Follow

Regardless of what @CDCgov votes tomorrow on whether COVID-19 vax are added to routine child immunizations - nothing changes in FL. Thanks to @GovRonDeSantis, COVID mandates are NOT allowed in FL, NOT pushed into schools, & I continue to recommend against them for healthy kids.

5:13 PM · Oct 18, 2022

Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin (VA-R) also announced that he would not adhere to CDC mandates.
“COVID-19 mandates should be in our rear view mirror,” Youngkin wrote. “The decision to vaccinate a child against COVID-19 is for Virginia parents to make about what’s best for them and their family. We will not adhere to these CDC mandates,” Youngkin said.
“In Virginia, parents matter,” he concluded.

Governor Glenn Youngkin
@GovernorVA
·
Follow

COVID-19 mandates should be in our rear view mirror. The decision to vaccinate a child against COVID-19 is for Virginia parents to make about what’s best for them and their family. We will not adhere to these
@CDCgov mandates. In Virginia, parents matter.

9:44 PM · Oct 20, 2022

Wyoming’s 33rd Governor, Mark Gordon (WY-R), stated that his stance on the COVID vaccine has not changed and that children are not forced to be vaccinated against COVID in order for them to attend school.
“Since COVID-19 vaccines were first made available, I have always maintained that vaccination for this virus is a personal choice based upon personal circumstances. I opposed efforts by the federal government to mandate this vaccine for healthcare workers and service personnel.”
“Regardless of any recommendations made by the CDC, nothing is changing in Wyoming and kids are not required to receive a COVID vaccine to attend school. I will not mandate COVID vaccines for children, and believe COVID-19 vaccination is a personal choice,” Gordon wrote.

Governor Mark Gordon
·
Oct 20, 2022

@GovernorGordon·
Follow

"Since COVID-19 vaccines were first made available, I have always maintained that vaccination for this virus is a personal choice based upon personal circumstances. I opposed efforts by the federal government to mandate this vaccine for healthcare workers and service personnel.

Governor Mark Gordon
@GovernorGordon
·
Follow

Regardless of any recommendations made by the CDC, nothing is changing in Wyoming and kids are not required to receive a COVID vaccine to attend school. I will not mandate COVID vaccines for children, and believe COVID-19 vaccination is a personal choice.

5:47 PM · Oct 20, 2022

Utah Governor Spencer Cox (UT-R) announced that he would not comply with CDC mandates.
“I’ve been asked about COVID-19 vaccine mandates for children today. Let me be clear that this always has been—and always will be—a decision for Utah parents and families, not the state.”
“Utah will not be implementing any CDC mandate of the COVID-19 vaccine for children,” he added.

Spencer Cox
@SpencerJCox
·
Follow

I’ve been asked about COVID-19 vaccine mandates for children today. Let me be clear that this always has been—and always will be—a decision for Utah parents and families, not the state. Utah will not be implementing any CDC mandate of the COVID-19 vaccine for children.

Scott Gottlieb, MD
@ScottGottliebMD

Vaccine recommendations by CDC don’t automatically translate into school mandates. States retain the discretion to make these decisions. To take one example (and I’m not saying we should be complacent about flu) no states mandate the influenza vaccine for children to attend K-12.

10:52 PM · Oct 20, 2022

Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt (OK-R) wrote on his social media, “Regardless of what the CDC says, as long as I am governor, we will never force kids to get a COVID vaccine to go to school.”

Governor Kevin Stitt
@GovStitt
·
Follow

Regardless of what the CDC says, as long as I am governor, we will never force kids to get a COVID vaccine to go to school.

3:41 PM · Oct 20, 2022

43rd Governor of Iowa, Kim Reynolds (IA-R) announced that they had passed legislation to prohibit schools, colleges and daycares from enforcing COVID vaccines.
“The Covid vaccine remains available to those who want it, but it should never be mandated! We passed legislation to prohibit schools, colleges and daycares from doing so.”

“But, once again, the Biden Admin is ignoring the freedoms afforded to the American people and choosing power and control over trust.”
“In Iowa, parents have the right to make decisions about their own children’s health, and I’ll keep fighting to keep it that way,” she added.

Gov. Kim Reynolds

Oct 20, 2022

@IAGovernor·
Follow

The Covid vaccine remains available to those who want it, but it should never be mandated! We passed legislation to prohibit schools, colleges and daycares from doing so.

Gov. Kim Reynolds
@IAGovernor
·
Follow

But, once again, the Biden Admin is ignoring the freedoms afforded to the American people and choosing power and control over trust. In Iowa, parents have the right to make decisions about their own children’s health, and I’ll keep fighting to keep it that way.

6:18 PM · Oct 20, 2022

Alabama Governor Kay Ivey (AL-R) declared that it’s up to the parents whether or not to vaccinate their kids.
“Here in Alabama, the parents make decisions when it comes to their children’s health care. We do NOT mandate the covid shot for kids – nor will we ever,” Ivey said.

Governor Kay Ivey
@GovernorKayIvey
·
Follow

Here in Alabama, the parents make decisions when it comes to their children’s health care. We do NOT mandate the covid shot for kids – nor will we ever. #alpolitics

5:00 PM · Oct 20, 2022

Tennessee Governor Bill Lee (TN-R) also announced that the state of Tennessee will not be impacted by CDC mandates.
“I’ve always said mandates are the wrong approach, & TN has led in pushing back on federal covid vaccine requirements,” Lee wrote.
“Thanks to our work with the General Assembly, TN families won’t be impacted by today’s CDC vote. We’ll continue to stand for TN children & for personal freedom.”

Gov. Bill Lee
@GovBillLee
·
Follow

Governor candidate, TN

I’ve always said mandates are the wrong approach, & TN has led in pushing back on federal covid vaccine requirements. Thanks to our work with the General Assembly, TN families won’t be impacted by today’s CDC vote. We'll continue to stand for TN children & for personal freedom.

2:31 PM · Oct 20, 2022

Missouri Governor Mike Parson (MO-R) stated that he would not adhere to CDC mandates to vaccinate kids for school.
“As long as I am Governor of Missouri, I will do everything under my authority to never let the federal government mandate COVID vaccines in our schools.”

Governor Mike Parson
@GovParsonMO
·
Follow

As long as I am Governor of Missouri, I will do everything under my authority to never let the federal government mandate COVID vaccines in our schools.

4:03 PM · Oct 20, 2022

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem (SD-R) said “she will not allow this government overreach into our families’ personal decisions.”
“And as Governor, I will do everything in my power to fight against this for our kids. My extreme opponent Rep. Jamie Smith supports vax mandates. I will fight back,” she added.

Kristi Noem
@KristiNoem
·
Follow

Governor candidate, SD

As a mother and a grandmother, I will not allow this government overreach into our families’ personal decisions. And as Governor, I will do everything in my power to fight against this for our kids. My extreme opponent @RepJamieSmith supports vax mandates. I will fight back.

Breaking911
@Breaking911

·
Oct 19

BREAKING: CDC votes unanimously to add COVID-19 vaccine to the 'Vaccines for Kids' program https://breaking911.com/breaking-cdc...kids-program/…

3:32 PM · Oct 21, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Montana Governor Greg Gianforte (MT-R) said he would not mandate the COVID vaccine in the state.
“I trust parents to raise their kids and do what’s best for their kids’ health. On my watch, the State of Montana will not mandate the COVID-19 vaccine,” he said.

Governor Greg Gianforte
@GovGianforte
·
Follow

I trust parents to raise their kids and do what's best for their kids' health. On my watch, the State of Montana will not mandate the COVID-19 vaccine.

7:46 PM · Oct 21, 2022

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster (SC-R) also stated he would never let the federal government force the COVID vaccine on kids.
“There’s some confusion on the CDC COVID-19 vaccine recommendations. Let me clarify. As long as I am governor, I will never let the federal government – or anyone else – force the COVID-19 vaccine on South Carolina school children.”

Gov. Henry McMaster
@henrymcmaster
·
Follow

There’s some confusion on the CDC COVID-19 vaccine recommendations. Let me clarify. As long as I am governor, I will never let the federal government - or anyone else - force the COVID-19 vaccine on South Carolina school children.

1:35 PM · Oct 21, 2022

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine (OH-R) retweeted a post from Ohio Department of Health stating, “The State of Ohio does not mandate the COVID-19 vaccine for school attendance. The ACIP vote does not change Ohio law. The state’s list of required vaccines can only be changed through legislation.”

Ohio Dept of Health
·
Oct 21, 2022

@OHdeptofhealth·
Follow
ying to @OHdeptofhealthOhio law determines required vaccines for school attendance. Read the Ohio Revised Code 3313.671. https://bit.ly/3MQqBwo (2/3)

Ohio Dept of Health
@OHdeptofhealth
·
Follow

The State of Ohio does not mandate the COVID-19 vaccine for school attendance. The ACIP vote does not change Ohio law. The state’s list of required vaccines can only be changed through legislation. (3/3)

2:52 PM · Oct 21, 2022

Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson (AR-R) said he would not require COVID vaccines for children.
“In Arkansas, the State will not require COVID vaccines for your child to receive an education. Throughout the pandemic, I encouraged Arkansans to get the vaccine but have never advocated for vaccine mandates, and I intend to continue that fight.”

Gov. Asa Hutchinson
@AsaHutchinson
·
Follow

In Arkansas, the State will not require COVID vaccines for your child to receive an education. Throughout the pandemic, I encouraged Arkansans to get the vaccine but have never advocated for vaccine mandates, and I intend to continue that fight.

1:31 PM · Oct 21, 2022

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp (GA-R) said the state of Georgia would not comply with CDC mandates.
“Working with the General Assembly earlier this year, we ensured Georgia does not and will not have any COVID-19 vaccine mandates. This continues to be the case as we move further beyond the pandemic.”

Governor Brian P. Kemp
@GovKemp
·
Follow

Working with the General Assembly earlier this year, we ensured Georgia does not and will not have any COVID-19 vaccine mandates.This continues to be the case as we move further beyond the pandemic.

1:06 PM · Oct 21, 2022

Idaho Governor Brad Little (ID-R) said he would never mandate the COVID-19 vaccine to all age group in Idaho.
“I will never mandate the COVID-19 vaccine for Idahoans of any age group, especially children. As long as I am Governor, that decision will be determined solely by parents, families, and individual citizens.”

Brad Little
@GovernorLittle
·
Follow

Let me be clear – I will never mandate the COVID-19 vaccine for Idahoans of any age group, especially children. As long as I am Governor, that decision will be determined solely by parents, families, and individual citizens.

2:12 PM · Oct 21, 2022

According to National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) at least 20 states have banned the COVID vaccines from being included in school mandates as of October 3, 2022.

1. Alabama
  2. Arizona
  3. Arkansas
  4. Florida
  5. Georgia
  6. Idaho
  7. Indiana
  8. Iowa
  9. Kansas
  10. Michigan
  11. Mississippi
  12. Montana
  13. New Hampshire
  14. Ohio
  15. Oklahoma
  16. South Carolina
  17. Tennessee
  18. Texas
  19. Utah
  20. West Virginia

You can read more here.

Safe States for Children: Here's UPDATED List of Republican Governors Who Won't Comply with CDC Mandates to Force COVID-19 Vaccination on Kids for School (thegatewaypundit.com)