Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Restroom ransom? Airline mulls toilet toll

Restroom ransom? Airline mulls toilet toll

updated 8:53 a.m. MT, Fri., Feb. 27, 2009
    Ryanair’s chief executive said Europe’s largest budget carrier might start charging passengers for using the toilet while flying, but his spokesman cautioned Michael O’Leary often just made things up at will.

“One thing we have looked at in the past and are looking at again is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might actually have to spend a pound ($1.43) to spend a penny in future,â€

Might serve them well to see how well it goes if people relieve themselves right in their plane seats.....or in a nice water bottle tucked in the magazine slot....or a depends stuck between the seats. Nasty I know, but this is a necessary part of human life and I went through this pay to pee trip before and it's no good. I mean this is beyond control and insane taxes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“We’re all about finding ways of raising discretionary revenue so we can keep lowering the cost of air travel,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I remember the days of pay toilets in bus stations and airports. And in France and Germany in the mid-1970s in train stations and even better restaurants there were attendants that sold you toilet paper by the sheet and paper towels, and of course, you had to also leave them a tip for cleaning up after you. Better than the Middle East, where toilets are free but only a porcelain-surround hole in the ground and instead of toilet paper, there was a hose.

that's very descriptive vortex.

nothing is free anymore!

and at the same time they want to cut what people make for wages or bring others in to work for cheaper pay.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Geez...how about just raising the price of a ticket a few bucks like every other airline does. Do you think anyone is going to be pleased that they paid a few bucks less for their ticket but had to pull out a five spot in order to use the loo at 30,000 feet!

Did O'Leary come up with this brain storm after a few pints I wonder?

Hey, that's not cool! What if I have diarrhea and need to use the bathroom several times? That could cost a fortune
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&