Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Social Security

I got this as an e-mail. I thought y'all might like to read it, too.

WHY WAIT UNTIL 2008? THERE IS AN ELECTION IN 2006. I HEREWITH FIRMLY STATE THAT I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY POLITICIAN, REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER ISSUES, IF HE DOES NOT SPONSOR AND SUPPORT THIS LEGISLATION. THAT INCLUDES EVERYONE STANDING FOR ELECTION IN 2006. LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER"AND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT!GET A BILL STARTED TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOCIAL SECURITY.

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years. Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it. You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan. In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die. Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments. For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives. This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries. Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA.... ZILCH....This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds; "OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"! From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer) we can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits! Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made. Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us and see how fast they would fix it.

I think articles like this are written to turn the younger generation against the older generation. Just like Rush does all the time calling them "old geysers" who don't deserve SS.

Can you imagine some young family with both parents working to keep ahead reading something like this article and thinking "Oh God how am I going to keep this up to age 85".

I think Shripad Tuljapurkar should be flayed for even suggesting it.

Darlene, you are exactly right. And our young people are already burdened with foreign competition in the labor market; declining wages and salaries; payment of this outrageous national debt; and now what is being presented as a social security crisis.

This President and his "ilk" are total pond scum. They've robbed the treasury. Even though I am a Republican and generally do not applaud (verbally at least) Democratic Presidents, I will say that Bill Clinton's Administration knew how to manage money. That was only 5 years ago when the budget was virtually on mark and social security was in surplus.

So what has happened since then? Oh yeah, 9/11. Well what in the world did 9/11 have to do with social security? NOTHING. What did it have to do with government spending? Some, because of the bailouts, but that was almost 5 years ago. So VERY LITTLE.

We're being lied to about everything. And my heart breaks for this younger generation; trying so hard to keep their seat; keep their house; keep their job; and keep their kids in schools that educate instead of baby-sit millions of illegal alien children.

While I'm not a Baby Boomer, I also DO NOT BELIEVE our Baby Boomers are responsible for anything going on in the United States, except those that are on the government payroll selling out our nation. Baby Boomers are the ones that fought for civil rights; women's rights; ended the war in Viet Nam and worked hard and long to build one of the greatest nations on this Planet..only to allow a handful called BushCultists to throw it all in the fire and destroy it in 5 brief years.

You're right Darlene. This is nothing but a tool to turn Americans Against Americans...the AAA Plan of this Administration and the Evil Globalists to Divide America....a psychological weapon against the elders to lead them to think they're going to be abandoned and against the younger generation to lead them to think....what is the point of trying to go on by tasking them with something that is emotionally and physically IMPOSSIBLE such as mandatory work until they are 85.

This is Third World Oligarchial Evil as bad as I've seen presented. No surprise is it that it was a Dr. Tuljapurkar and not a Dr. Smith or Dr. Jones.

Deliver US from this infestation of third world mania.

The next thing you know they will be holding conferences on the viability of Solvent Green and discussing that as if it were a legitimate option.

Los Angeles is already recycling sewage for drinking water.

How much lower are we going to stoop as Americans before we say, not only NO, BUT HELL NO!

And PinestrawGuys--I loved your post too and I'm ready to cut the US Congress off all retirement. What do they need retirement for anyway? They don't do their jobs. They are never in their seats. They never vote unless it's a big important bill with TV Cameras on the issue. The seats are almost always empty with one guy making a speech when you see the Chambers on C-Span. All they do the whole time they are in Washington is plot the demise of the United States and the American People. They only work a few days of the year and the rest of time they are on golf outings and junkets or meeting with "contributors" or running for office. I say--cancel all retirement and post service benefits. You need to go to Washington as a Representative of the People of the United States because you love your country and want to improve the lives and future of the American People and the United States. What they do in a year's time is 1/10 what an Army Private does in Iraq. Give them the same benefits as a War Veteran. They can take their traitorous flabby butts to the Veterans Hospital for treatment. They can earn the same monthly income as a Army Private. They can earn the same "retirement" as a War Vet. After all, don't they tell US, it's not about the money, but "love of country"? Then let them prove it. Cut their salaries, cut their health coverage, cut their retirements and we'll see how many of this band of traitors "love their country".

When my mother worked for a county government as an elected official, the county was poor and some months they it couldn't even make payroll. She had no health insurance and no retirement. One year, she went 7 months without a paycheck and opened her office every morning at 8 am Monday through Saturday. Yes, for the benefit of the citizens, she opened her office on Saturday for no extra pay so the people of her county could take care of their business without having to miss work.

There are Americans all over the United States that love their country and would be satisfied and happy and comfortable with normal salaries, a basic healthcare plan, and social security like everyone else to be a member of the United States Congress.

Our politicians went to Washington normal people but became Fat Cats.

That is our problem. Our representatives are no longer Of the People, By the People and For the People. They are Fat Cat Globalist Traitors.

Throw the bums out and until we do, cut off their money. Dock their pay for every vote they miss. Dock their pay for every document they vote on but haven't read and don't understand. Dock their pay for every day Congress is in session and they aren't there sessioning.

Who in the hell do they think they are and more importantly how stupid do they think we've become?

Personal Responsibility? We hear alot about that these days don't we when we talk about Americans losing their jobs; losing their homes; and making the miserable trek down to the government office to find some way to survive. Well, I believe what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Make the US Congress personally responsible for the affairs of the United States and the American People. Make these CongressKritters personally responsible for cleaning up and paying for the mess they alone have created. When you don't have the balls to say NO to a freak like George Bush, then you don't have the balls to represent the American People and it's time for you to return to whatever miserable worm hole you crawled out of.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I suspect that the government will have arrived at a more practical way to deal with those who are "old and in the way", if you get my drift.
    I was going to mention Soylent Green but Brian beat me to it.

But I would like to make a comment about social security. I'm a baby boomer, too. Does anyone actually think that the social security we will, or should I say MIGHT, draw is going to help meet our expenses? I can't see it even paying our health care rider premiums or buying groceries the way things are going. My grocery bill has tripled in the past couple years. I'm not kidding. Every time I go to the store something else I buy on a regular basis has gone up in price.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You forgot one tiny little thing, Judy...when they lose their elected seats they Should Not be allowed to become lobbyists. WTH anyway, lobbyists make more dough than the reps...so they don't mind being voted out...they've got Another Cushy Position coming up. Plus their full pay forever for having once upon a time been a traitor.

We NEED to end lobbying...it's nothing but a sellout of the People to the Special Interest groups.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I think the retirement age should be reduced back to 60 and full payment for all Americans. After working 40 some years that is long enough for the government not to give you a pension of your service to the United States of America workforce. If you have earned minimum wages and worked the government should pay you before taking care of undocumented workers and their families.

AMERICANS FIRST, ALWAYS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MORE BS FROM OUR WONDERFUL GOVERNMENT. RETIRE AT AGE 85? THE AVERAGE LIFE SPAN IS 78....THATS RIGHT 78. SO MOST WOULD DIE WITHOUT RECEIVING A PENNY....BUT WE PAID INTO IT.

THERE IS THIS NEW RUMOR THAT BABY BOOMERS WILL LIVE LIKE 20 YEARS LONGER THAN FORMER GENERATIONS. I HAVE BEEN HEARING ABOUT THIS LATELY. THEY THINK IF THEY TELL US THIS ENOUGH TIMES THAT WE WILL BELIEVE IT.

OH YA ONE OR TWO BOOMERS MAY LIVE TO BE VERY OLD, BUT THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRUE. THIS IS SO MUCH BS. OH WE MIGHT LIVE A COUPLE YEARS LONGER....LIKE EACH GENERATION DOES LIVE A COUPLE YEARS LONGERS....BET ITS LIKE 2 OR 3 YEARS LONGER. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR A WAY NOT TO PAY US FROM A FUND THAT WE PAID INTO ALL OUR LIVES.....AND THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS SYSTEMATICALLY ROBBED. SOME OF IT HAS EVEN GONE TO THE PARENTS OF ILLEGALS WHO NEVER PAID A PENNY INTO IT. WE SHOULD NOT LET THIS HAPPEN. WE SHOULD DEMAND OUR MONEY AT THE PREVIOUSLY PROMISED AGE. THEY PROMISED IT, WE PAID INTO IT, AND WE SHOULD GET IT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12