Obama's climate 'emergency powers'

Posted: December 21, 2009
1:00 am Eastern
© 2009

Do you think you already know all the reasons to oppose the climate bill pending approval in the U.S. Senate?

Think again.

Let me first remind you there is no threat from man-made catastrophic global warming or climate change.

I won't provide all the evidence for that assertion, as I have done so many times in other venues.

From the beginning, this hoax has been perpetrated on the American people for one reason – to grab power from them and transfer it into the hands of unaccountable elites in unaccountable institutions at home and abroad.

What I am about to tell you represents proof of that statement.

The bill requires a declaration of a "climate emergency" if the concentration of carbon dioxide and other so-called "greenhouse gases" in the Earth's atmosphere exceeds 450 parts per million. According to the "experts," it now rests at 368 ppm.

Why 450 ppm?

Good question.

No particular reason. According to the same experts, that's the arbitrary mark at which we can all expect cataclysm – the same one they have been predicting since the "global warming" craze started 20 years ago.

What will a "climate emergency" mean?

The declaration of a "climate emergency" would give the president, the guy who declares it, extraordinary powers.

What would they be?

Again, it's a bit of a mystery.

But knowing the character and inclinations of the current holder of that office, is it preposterous to believe Barack Obama might consider banning "unnecessary" driving?

Who knows?

I think Competitive Enterprise Institute scholar Chris Horner has it about right, as far as I am concerned. He says this is not about climate change at all.

"It's about what the provision would bring – almost limitless power over private economic activity and individual liberty for the activist president and, for the reluctant leader, litigious greens and courts packed with liberal Democrat appointees," he explained.

Am I being paranoid?

Is this just conspiracy theory talk?

Is this delusion?

I don't think so.

When considering the extraordinary fraud behind "climate change" and the way it has been peddled to America and the world, there must be an endgame.

I submit to you the endgame is tyranny.

Remember, we're not just talking about government taking advantage of its own phony hysteria over "climate change."

Look at the overall context.

Add to the unprecedented power grab because of "climate change," the imminent government takeover of America's health-care industry, "hate crimes" legislation and a dozen other extra-constitutional actions of this Congress and this president and you begin to get an appreciation of the fact that the U.S. government is no longer acting within the framework of the rule of law and the will of the people.

Do you trust Barack Obama won't misuse the extraordinary "emergency powers" he is being granted – even though the very creation of them is based on a complete hoax?

This is a man who believes carbon dioxide represents a more grave threat to the world than does despotism.

I don't fear carbon dioxide.

I fear tyranny.

Carbon dioxide is not the enemy. It is a naturally occurring gas vital to all life systems on Earth.

Tyranny is the enemy of free people.

If tyranny is not the goal of this legislation, what is?

It is certainly not "saving the planet," which is not threatened by carbon dioxide.

The only thing threatening America imminently is tyranny.

In fact, one could argue it is already here.

We have already allowed government to manipulate us to disregard real threats while increasing its own power to create through spell-binding fantasies phantom threats – phantom threats, I might add, that permit government to take full control over our lives.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=119609