Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

REVEALED SECRET OBAMA-PhARMA DEAL MEMO PARTIES HAVE DENIED!

This is a bombshell!

REVEALED: SECRET OBAMA-PhARMA DEAL MEMO BOTH PARTIES HAVE DENIED FOR WEEK

Gibbys spent a good chunk of today's presser lying about this, by the way. Chuck Todd kept asking if the White House had made specific pledges to PhARMA, and Gibbs kept saying something like "We've only pledged to look for further savings." (Something like that -- don't quote me.)

How is promising not to seek savings in the bulk of the federal drug budget "looking for further savings"?

Caught on memo: The specific pledges the White House denies.

And a sell-out, of course, for political support, because the White House specifically promises to not seek "savings" in huge categories.

Memo at the link. For once I don't mind throwing the HuffPo traffic.

A memo obtained by the Huffington Post confirms that the White House and the pharmaceutical lobby secretly agreed to precisely the sort of wide-ranging deal that both parties have been denying over the past week.

The memo, which according to a knowledgeable health care lobbyist was prepared by a person directly involved in the negotiations, lists exactly what the White House gave up, and what it got in return.

It says the White House agreed to oppose any congressional efforts to use the government's leverage to bargain for lower drug prices or import drugs from Canada -- and also agreed not to pursue Medicare rebates or shift some drugs from Medicare Part B to Medicare Part D, which would cost Big Pharma billions in reduced reimbursements.

In exchange, the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA) agreed to cut $80 billion in projected costs to taxpayers and senior citizens over ten years. Or, as the memo says: "Commitment of up to $80 billion, but not more than $80 billion."

Representatives from both the White House and PhRMA, shown the outline, adamantly denied that it reflected reality. PhRMA senior vice president Ken Johnson said that the outline "is simply not accurate." "This memo isn't accurate and does not reflect the agreement with the drug companies," said White House spokesman Reid Cherlin.

And bear in mind Big Pharma's promise to spend up to $150 million in television ads pimping Obama's plan.

http://minx.cc/?post=290896

Memo at the link. For once I don't mind throwing the HuffPo traffic

Am I only the one who feels like I need a shower after I leave there?

Just be prepared for this to be dissed as CT because it comes from The Huffers Post, Bulldogger.

I personally find it intriguing and thank you for posting the info........there's always something behind everything the liars and thieves in "our" government do so this just fits right in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

Just be prepared for this to be dissed as CT because it comes from The Huffers Post, Bulldogger.

I personally find it intriguing and thank you for posting the info........there's always something behind everything the liars and thieves in "our" government do so this just fits right in.
    That's why I linked to ACE instead of Huffpo.

Hot Air just picked up the story as well : http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/13/s ... nd-pharma/

This needs to go viral IMMEDIATELY. WAKE UP THE MASSES!!

Oh, I just got a great idea. We should make copies and do a massive email/fax campaign and send the article to ALL our reps who were ready to jam this plan down our throats, along with a personal message.

I'm going to do it as soon as I'm done here. Hope you guys do it too!

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    This needs to go viral IMMEDIATELY. WAKE UP THE MASSES!!
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Obama is a lieing sack of manure and IS the most evil president this country has ever had.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The deal, as outlined in the memo:

Commitment of up to $80 billion, but not more than $80 billion.

1. Agree to increase of Medicaid rebate from 15.1 - 23.1% ($34 billion)

2. Agree to get FOBs done (but no agreement on details -- express disagreement on data exclusivity which both sides say does not affect the score of the legislation.) ($9 billion)

3. Sell drugs to patients in the donut hole at 50% discount ($25 billion)
    This totals $68 billion

4. Companies will be assessed a tax or fee that will score at $12 billion. There was no agreement as to how or on what this tax/fee will be based.

Total: $80 billion

In exchange for these items, the White House agreed to:

1. Oppose importation

2. Oppose rebates in Medicare Part D

3. Oppose repeal of non-interference

4. Oppose opening Medicare Part B

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Obama is a lieing sack of manure and IS the most evil president this country has ever had.
    Dang Butterbean how bout next time you really tell us how you feel.
    Wipes water out of eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

That's why I linked to ACE instead of Huffpo.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)