Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    They are saying it could be a tax exempt card because they are a church.
    Churches don't have to pay sales tax.
    Churches don't pay taxes members do!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SOS,

Thanks for clarifying. I am not trying to bash bob, rather to clarify what exactly is going on, & how as what he did post was indicating some special mormon ID card getting the well to do discounts.

What you have presented, is possibly a more likely scenario, than people having a Mormon ID card where any mormon gets preferred pricing.

I could imagine that the church could in areas that might not have a bishop's storehouse nearby make arrangements with merchants to accept a card from the needy, but that would pay for their needs completely, not merely get them a discount. Bishops NEVER give money to people to pay their bills, shop etc. They will however provide support directly to a merchant or landlord etc.

Many mormon grocers are compassionate to the less fortunate. Most don't make that along religious lines either.

I simply felt that what was posted was a negative inference, to imply something negative about Mormons & how that somehow relates to Mitt Romney.

Back in the 30's and 40's sometimes different welfare arrangements were made and I was wondering if perhaps this was some new variation on church welfare that was being tried out locally.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotDreams
    SOS,

Thanks for clarifying. I am not trying to bash bob, rather to clarify what exactly is going on, & how as what he did post was indicating some special mormon ID card getting the well to do discounts.

What you have presented, is possibly a more likely scenario, than people having a Mormon ID card where any mormon gets preferred pricing.

I could imagine that the church could in areas that might not have a bishop's storehouse nearby make arrangements with merchants to accept a card from the needy, but that would pay for their needs completely, not merely get them a discount. Bishops NEVER give money to people to pay their bills, shop etc. They will however provide support directly to a merchant or landlord etc.

Many mormon grocers are compassionate to the less fortunate. Most don't make that along religious lines either.

I simply felt that what was posted was a negative inference, to imply something negative about Mormons & how that somehow relates to Mitt Romney.
    I am glad to see you understand.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Back in the 30's and 40's sometimes different welfare arrangements were made and I was wondering if perhaps this was some new variation on church welfare that was being tried out locally.
    Betsy this is nothing more than in a small town mormon church finding a way to help their own. I suppose you could call it "church welfare" thats a good name for it I would imagine this happens in alot of small towns all across America as mormons are very good about helping their members in need.

I say YA as it is keeping me from supporting them, infact I think LaRaza should do something like this for their illegal immigrants and get them off of our welfare rolls until we can deport them.

Remember this is not a nation wide chain store, it is an Idaho store owned by one private owner who is a mormon.... I believe this is still America and a business owner can make anykind of a deal he wants with anybody.

like I said above the church probably reemburses him for the discount or what ever, they may be getting free grocerys for all I know, but that is up to the owner also and none of my business. I'm certainly not going to question what he is doing with his own business.

So usnevada if you feel like you are being cheated join the mormon church...but expect to work for what you get because I assure you there is nothing free about, these people work for everything they get when it comes to help.

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Oh yes, I'm sure that if Romney becomes President, we'll all have to convert to Mormonism or be put in concentraion camps!! Just like if Huckster becomes President we'll all be forced to convert to Baptists. Gimme a break!

And if McLoser wins, we all have to convert to being jackasses!

Oh yeah, and if Obama wins, all caucasions will have to paint our skin darker.

What a bunch of bigoted BS!!
    Well did everyone become Methodist just because Bush was Methodist ?
    I am southern baptist and I don't force my faith on anyone, God gives us all the choice and it don't matter who's in office anyways the United States has moved so far away from God (The only true GOD) we have to wonder if he even thinks we are worth his time. I believe he does think we are still worth his time but we just haven't asked sincerly for his help and I mean Faithfully prayed and asked for his help . The way I see it if we have any hope of surviving as the United States of America we need to go back to what this country was founded on a belief and dependence on AlmightyGod the father and his Son . That is why this country is going down so fast we can never fix our mistakes alone

No Drama intended
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Oh yes, I'm sure that if Romney becomes President, we'll all have to convert to Mormonism or be put in concentraion camps!! Just like if Huckster becomes President we'll all be forced to convert to Baptists. Gimme a break!

And if McLoser wins, we all have to convert to being jackasses!

Oh yeah, and if Obama wins, all caucasions will have to paint our skin darker.

What a bunch of bigoted BS!!
    Well did everyone become Methodist just because Bush was Methodist ?
    I am southern baptist and I don't force my faith on anyone, God gives us all the choice and it don't matter who's in office anyways the United States has moved so far away from God (The only true GOD) we have to wonder if he even thinks we are worth his time. I believe he does think we are still worth his time but we just haven't asked sincerly for his help and I mean Faithfully prayed and asked for his help . The way I see it if we have any hope of surviving as the United States of America we need to go back to what this country was founded on a belief and dependence on AlmightyGod the father and his Son . That is way this country is going down so fast we can never fix our mistakes alone

No Drama intended
    WELCOME "PatrioticSandra" nice to have you join us and I like your post
    No Drama taken!

TY for the welcome, I have been a member here for almost a year but I read and email and fax more than I post..lol
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    TY for the welcome, I have been a member here for almost a year but I read and email and fax more than I post..lol

Oh I didn't connect the date, well welcome anyway and post more often please I enjoyed it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567