Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AmericanElizabeth - What you describe is the curse of the West Coast. The West Coast is like a magnet and what you are describing can't be blamed on true Californians. We too were invaded by fellow Americans and illegal immigrants.

Everyone flocked here looking for the high paying jobs and beautiful scenery and weather. We bitched too as they brought their progressive ideas with them. But we were too tolerant. California is to big and to diverse. Northern California is where most of the natural resources and money is, but Southern California is where most of the population is. So we are governed and ruled by S California.

S.F. became a magnet for a certain lifestyle of it's own. This is not the city that I remember as a youth or one that I visit.

So, as much as I hate to say it stand up for Oregon, fight and don't be as tolerant and blind as we were. I just ask you to stop and think when you meet a Californian because your ultra lib, eco friendly, over-educated nitwit is probably not a true native Californian.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    MontereySherry, kind of figured they were ivy league east coast-ers.

Remember who Tom McCall was? One of Oregons best known governors. He had a saying:
    We want you to visit our State of Excitement often. Come again and again. But for heaven's sake, don't move here to live. Or if you do have to move in to live, don't tell any of your neighbors where you are going.
    Unfortunately, when it comes to the western states, someone let the cat out of the bag!

To be honest, not sure about how it all goes in California, but seems here, too often, that we get these people who go out into the woods, get lost, and we all have to launch a rescue to go find them, more often than not, they just moved here, or were just visiting. People underestimate the dangers of the mountains, and how vast it is. Go off trail while you and the dudes were snowboarding, and you likely are going to have a cold night, IF you get found or IF you are lucky enough to find your own way out.

No offense to anyone on not from the west out this way, I have to think it is not a general problem, just the ones without common sense (it would be like me thinking I could go out into the swamps of Louisiana and come out ok, never having lived there, not knowing the kinds of dangers).

In fact last spring, late May, we were up camping in one of the groomed campgrounds where there was a lot of hiking trails. It gets dark fast up there, and cold fast at night. It can still freeze overnight up into May. Soil is loose on the trails....Anyways, this woman was walking around, stopped at our sight, southern accent, and was looking for her husband, teen daughter and 13 year old son. They had started out hiking, seperated, and now it was getting dark, cold she was not at all equiped and admitted no one else was.

When it is dark out there, it is pitch black. So first thing we told her was to immediately go down into the nearest town to the fire station and ask for help. Cold, falls and cougars are real hazards and her 13 year old son and teen daughter were each alone, as well as her husband. Finally they found each other, all of them were absolutely shivering, and drove themselves back up to Timberline Lodge where they were staying...... All I could think of was how often I had been told as a kid by my parents, friends parents and teachers NEVER go out into the mountains alone, never stay out too long, do not go out unprepared, and especially consider the times of year too.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12