Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rick Sanchez Fired From CNN

Rick Sanchez Fired From CNN

Updated: 2 minutes ago
    David Knowles
    VIDEO AT THE LINK:

AOL News Surge Desk (Oct. 1) -- Late this afternoon, CNN announced that it had fired anchor Rick Sanchez following controversial comments he made about Jews, the media and Comedy Central host Jon Stewart.

"Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company. We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well," a statement from CNN read.

Appearing Thursday on the Sirius radio program "Stand Up! With Pete Dominick," Sanchez, who was born in Cuba and grew up in Florida, repeatedly took aim at Stewart, calling him a "bigot."

When pressed by Dominick as to what he meant specifically, Sanchez gave the following explanation.

"I think he looks at the world through his mom, who was a schoolteacher, and his dad, who was a physicist or something like that," Sanchez said, according to transcripts provided by the radio program's blog. "Great, I'm so happy that he grew up in a suburban middle-class New Jersey home with everything you could ever imagine."

Dominick then asked what group it was that Stewart held a prejudiced view toward.

"Everybody else who's not like him," Sanchez responded. "Look at his show, I mean what does he surround himself with?"

Later in the program, Sanchez retracted the word "bigot" from his criticism of Stewart. "All right," Sanchez said. "I'll take the word bigot back; I'll say prejudicial, uninformed." But as the conversation continued, Sanchez hammered away at Stewart, and after Dominick noted that, being a Jew, Stewart had a sense of what it was to be an oppressed minority, Sanchez laughed.

"Very powerless people," Sanchez said with a snicker. "He's such a minority, I mean, you know. ... Please, what are you kidding? I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart, and to imply that somehow they -- the people in this country who are Jewish -- are an oppressed minority? Yeah."
    Sanchez argued that Jews don't experience the same level of discrimination as blacks and Hispanics.

"I grew up not speaking English, dealing with real prejudice every day as a kid; watching my dad work in a factory, wash dishes, drive a truck, get spit on. I've been told that I can't do certain things in life simply because I was a Hispanic," Sanchez said. "My friends who are black, I've seen that with them; I've seen that with a lot of minorities. I can't really think -- although I understand the plight of Jews, and all the experiences, and the things that have happened historically for them -- but I can't say that my buddy Glen or my buddy Izzy who I grew up with in South Florida ever were prejudiced against directly simply because they were Jewish. There may have been jokes around them or about other things, but it's kinda -- you know what I'm saying, it's kind of a different thing."

Surge Desk's calls to Sanchez and CNN seeking comment were not returned.

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/artic ... t/19657894
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    there should be no lost love between him and ALIPAC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Everybody else who's not like him," Sanchez responded. "Look at his show, I mean what does he surround himself with?"
    Really Rick? You mean like laraza, mecha, univision,telemundo, etc. ?? Look who they surround themselves with Rick, can you say it with a straight face Rick?

How about BET, Al-Jazeera, etc. who do they surround themselves with?

I don't see a WET or GET or JET network, do ya?
    "

CNN fires Rick Sanchez, fired after calling Jon Stewart a bigot

Updated 11m ago

NEW YORK (AP) — CNN says that anchor Rick Sanchez has been fired, a day after he called Jon Stewart a bigot while on a radio show.

Sanchez said on a satellite radio program Thursday that Stewart is bigoted toward "everybody else that's not like him." The Comedy Central Daily Show host has frequently poked fun at Sanchez on the air.

Also in the interview, Sanchez had mocked a suggestion that Jews are a minority. Stewart is Jewish.

The statement from CNN says Sanchez "is no longer with the company." In it, the network also thanks Sanchez "for his years of service" and wishes him well.
    -------------------------------------------
    Post comment @

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... -cnn_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Time to bring down Time Warner

Now, what I need to do is show American Latinos that CNN does not care about them but only promotes the agenda of illegal aliens and NAFTA, while really holding American Legal Latinos in low regard.

ahh.....finally,ADIOS SANCHEZ!!!!!!! about frikin time.

Rick Sanchez audio of the show..........

CNN's Rick Sanchez Calls Jon Stewart a Bigot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOkqrmSVEDE
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Related Post:

CNN ousts Rick Sanchez over Jon Stewart rant
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-214129.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Added to Homepage

Rick Sanchez Fired From CNN After Controversial Comments
    http://www.alipac.us/article-5705--0-0.html

Hmmmm . . . my hispanic husband and I first saw him recently and we have been deciding that hispanic people are over-represented in MSM - everybody just has to have a token hispanic, at least one, yet African-Americans and other minorities are forgotten now it seems. How about some NDN's in MSM?

I was watching last night when Rick Sanchez spoke with Tony Orlando, in Spanish even, and it was a good ole hispanic only moment.

I was still trying to figure out why I neither liked nor trusted him . . .
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

CNN

CNN must not fire people just because they speak their mind. CNN did the same to Lou Dobbs. What a shame!! That is why people do not watch CNN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast