Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney: White House behind Reid’s claim he paid no federal income taxes for 10 years

Romney: White House behind Reid’s claim he paid no federal income taxes for 10 years [AUDIO]

By Jeff Poor/Daily Caller
    08/02/2012

On Sean Hannity’s radio show Thursday, Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney responded to a claim from Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who said he had not paid federal income taxes for 10 years.

The former Massachusetts governor denied the claim and said Reid should reveal his source — which he said he suspected was the Obama White House.

“Well, it’s time for Harry to put up or shut up,” Romney said. “Harry’s going to have to describe who it is he spoke with because that’s totally and completely wrong. It’s untrue, dishonest and inaccurate. It’s wrong. So I’m looking forward to have Harry reveal his sources and we’ll probably find out it’s the White House.”

But Romney maintained this was just part of the Obama campaign’s strategy to turn attention away from the president’s own job performance.

“The Obama campaign is going to do everything in its power to try to talk about anything besides the president’s record,” Romney said.

“Home prices, median American incomes, gasoline prices, 23 million people underemployed or unemployed — they don’t want to talk about that, or his promises: cutting the deficit in half, cutting the medical insurance rates people pay.

These are all the things he promised. He can’t talk about that, so they try and put this kind of baloney out there and the people can smell it for what it is. And it’s not a pretty smell.”
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Limbaugh: ‘If anybody ought to be investigated by government agents, it’s Harry Reid’ [AUDIO]

Published: 5:31 PM 08/02/2012

By Jeff Poor

On his Thursday radio show, conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh reacted to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s Senate floor accusations that presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney may not have paid federal income taxes for 10 years, saying, “If anybody ought to be investigated by government agents, it’s Harry Reid.”

Limbaugh said that Reid, who also made the allegation the day before, should have his background looked into, dating back to a series of Los Angeles Times stories about the Democratic Nevada senator’s questionable land deals.

(RELATED: McConnell: Reid’s accusations ‘beneath the dignity of his office’)

“And by the way, ladies and gentlemen, have you heard that Harry Reid’s the butt-boy of some of the Mafia dons that he works for in Las Vegas?” Limbaugh asked. “Have you heard that? Have you heard about some of the shady real estate deals that Harry Reid — the L.A. Times had the story way back in the ‘90s.

Now I think it’s up to Harry Reid to prove — remember the phony solider episode with Harry Reid, carrying forth a lie that I was denigrating genuine military heroes?”

But if what Reid claims to have knowledge of is true, then how Reid obtained this information is a crime that government agents should look into, according to Limbaugh.

“I’ll tell you what ought to be happening here — IRS agents should be interrogating Harry Reid to determine who it is that supposedly leaked confidential tax information about a private citizen to him. And Harry Reid, having disclosed publicly what he was told, should be investigated as well for passing such information on to the public. This is a felony, what Harry Reid is doing. So if anybody needs to be investigated here, it’s Harry Reid. IRS agents ought to be talking to him and trying to figure out who leaked. You know, who is this guy from Bain that’s calling Harry Reid? Who are these people? And then he publicly disclosed what he was told, and he doesn’t know if it’s true. He’s demanding that Romney prove it, so Harry Reid’s admitting he doesn’t know if it’s true. If anybody should be investigated by government agents, it’s Harry Reid.”

(h/t Daily Rushbo)

Read more: Limbaugh: Reid ought to be investigated [AUDIO] | The Daily Caller
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Speaker Boehner: Obama has 'never even had a real job, for God's sake'

By Justin Sink
    08/02/12 03:21 PM

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) lashed out at President Obama during an interview Tuesday, saying the president has "never even had a real job, for God's sake."

Boehner was discussing the presidential election, and accusing President Obama's campaign team of using "over-the-top" rhetoric to distract from his economic record.

"Sometimes I have to catch my breath and slow down because the rhetoric in this campaign is just so over-the-top," Bohener said during an appearance on "Kilmeade and Friends." "And that's because the president's policies have failed. Listen — 93 percent of Americans believe they're a part of the middle class. That's why you hear the president talk about the middle class every day, because he's talking to 93 percent of the American people."

Then the Ohio lawmaker lit into the president's qualifications to discuss job creation.

"But the president has never created a job. He's never even had a real job, for God's sake," Boehner said. "And I can tell you from my dealings with him, he has no idea how the real world, that we actually live in, works."

In the same interview, Boehner blasted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) for his suggestion on the Senate floor Thursday that Mitt Romney paid no federal income taxes for a decade.

"I don't know how you go out there and make a statement like that without any facts," Boehner said. "It's one of the problems that occurs here in Washington, people run out there without any facts and just make noise. The American people are too smart for this, they'll get to the bottom of this, it clearly is not a fact, and I would think that the Senate majority leader would be smart enough to know that."

Updated at 4:49 p.m.
    Speaker Boehner: Obama has 'never even had a real job, for God's sake' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room