Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul: ‘Pretty sad’ that Limbaugh is GOP leader

David Edwards and Rachel Oswald
    Raw Story
    March 2, 2009

Demonstrating again his propensity to go out on a limb, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) had some choice words of criticism for Rush Limbaugh, the conservative media talk show host who was the star attraction at last weekend’s Conservative Political Action Conference.

In a phone interview Monday morning with CNN’s John Roberts, Paul said of Limbaugh “He is a leader. He does say the right things now and I think a lot of people like to hear what he’s saying but I think it’s also a little bit polarizing and confrontational and I think that’s why the Democrats are bragging that Limbaugh now speaks for the Republicans so I guess the Democrats think its to their advantage if he’s leading the charge.â€

April
    [quote]Paul demurred though to Roberts’ enquiries of whether he would run for president in 2012.

“I don’t think so. It’s a long way off. I can hardly imagine what [state] the country is is going to be in. Right now I just plan on promoting the cause.â€

This is one reason why I cant support Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is right, although very polite in his criticism of Limbaugh, who I consider as a unelected, fat, blathering guy who is insecure and finds his oats by not just criticisms, but doing his best to stoop to the sewers for his idea of conservatism speech. Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, etc., deliver their points a bit better without denigration.
    Limbaugh's statement to Michael Steele's reference that Limbaugh was nothing more than an entertainer, said he was nothing more than the head of the RNC, not the head of the Republican party. Limbaugh actually believes he is now the head of the Republican party and Steele does not count.
    As a card-carrying Republican, I have never been more disgusted in my life, very upset that all cable news channels have been having a lot of fun with Limbaugh's blatant one-sided flagrant hatred of anyone not agreeing, which he deserves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Ron Paul is right, although very polite in his criticism of Limbaugh, who I consider as a unelected, fat, blathering guy who is insecure and finds his oats by not just criticisms, but doing his best to stoop to the sewers for his idea of conservatism speech. Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, etc., deliver their points a bit better without denigration.
    Limbaugh's statement to Michael Steele's reference that Limbaugh was nothing more than an entertainer, said he was nothing more than the head of the RNC, not the head of the Republican party. Limbaugh actually believes he is now the head of the Republican party and Steele does not count.
    As a card-carrying Republican, I have never been more disgusted in my life, very upset that all cable news channels have been having a lot of fun with Limbaugh's blatant one-sided flagrant hatred of anyone not agreeing, which he deserves.
    I have to agree with you here vortex. Limbaugh is an idiot. I'm personally getting tired of these ultra conservative talk show people that ignored the past 8 years of hell, but as soon as a democrat gets in office, the world is over. Where were they when Bush committed crimes against America? Democrats AND republicans need to wake up and stop blaming the other side for the problems we have, because it is BOTH of their faults.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

I watched Limbaugh with amusment the other night. I even agreed with him on some points. He's good at what he does. So is Ann Coulter. Then you have the other side of the aisle with Liberal mouth pieces that make a living doing the same thing for their side. But what does this attacking and dehumanizing one another for having different points of view really accomplish? NOTHING FOR US PERSONALLY, I can assure you that.

I believe this is just another form of social conditioning. A means to divide and conquer Americans. Think about it. They've got to keep people divided - those "Republican" at all cost voters as well as those "Democrat" at all cost supporters. Blind loyalty to the party, forget about principles or the Constitution. That's what kept Bush in power for 8 years and which may keep Obama in power (god forbid) as well.

After Limbaugh's speech, the media jumped all over it. Especially MSNBC whose audiences are mostly liberal. They kept playing clips and over analyzing it. Nice way to increase the animosity toward Conservatives. And then when Limbaugh speaks to Conservatives - build up the animosity toward Liberals. There you have it. Divide and Conquer. We all go back to our respective corners until the next election and just like tiny research mice in a maze, we follow along that same route all over again - just like they trained us to do.

I don't know about anyone one else here, but the majority of my friends and relatives (a mix of Dems & Republicans) are all moderate. They aren't extremists. I believe this makes up the majority of Americans as well. But the corporate media gets people all riled up to the point where the mere mention of the word "conservative" to a Liberal is a dirty word and vice versa. We must stop falling for these mental mind games.
    Ron Paul is right.

I don't think there are too many Americans that are not moderates, whether they lean liberal or conservative. I think we are a society which does not like anything jammed down our throats, and I think we pride ourselves on discussing any issue according to the rules of debate, not resorting to tactics used in grade school.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Republican party is dysfunctional and can't even fix itself. So how would they fix the country? The only way they might get back in power is if the Dems screw things up so bad the people rise up and vote them out. This might actually happen. But even if it did the U S would still not have a functioning two party system, just a winning party and losing party.

Rush is not an ultra conservitive, he is a Republican first and foremost. Conservitism is a flag that he waves too garner attention. He knows all of the talking points and is a better con man than Wonder Boy.

At CPAC Rush was the perfect cheerleader and the ditto heads played the role, after being prompted, of the perfect audience. Juvenile ditto heads can claim ignorance due to their age, the older ditto heads have no excuse and cannot claim to have never seen this play from the Republican playbook.

Conservitism speaks for itself, only the Republican party needs a cheerleader.

Republican politicians are the wolves in sheep's clothing. The conservitive base are the sheep!

On the other side of the aisle the dems are just as mis-led, or atleast a large portion of them. With the dems you are either a full fledged commie, or a confused bystander just wanting to belong, or stoned out of your gourd and just hanging around for the party goods!