Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Ron Paul has left the building

Ron Paul has left the building
    by Mark Silva<

Ron Paul is not here.

He is nowhere in this posting, not to be seen in the halls of the Washington hotel where the Conservative Political Action Convention wraps up today.

Mike Huckabee is here, along with a few dozen mostly young supporters waiting with signs at the door to greet the former governor of Arkansas, the last of the Republican candidates for president to speak here. Paul spoke the other day. So did Mitt Romney, as he was quitting the race, leaving the contest for the party's nomination, apparently, to Sen. John McCain.

The question is, when the contest is finished, where will these people go?

Where will the people who conspired to raise $6 million for Ron Paul in one record day of Internet-fundraisng in December go? Will they settle for McCain, who drew boos among the cheers as he appeared here this week, his party's nominee-apparent?

Will they stay with their party? Or will they move to the third or fourth presidential candidate on the ballot in November? The candidate like Paul, in 1988, when he ran as the Libertarian. He appeared on the ballots in 46 states and drew 431,750 votes, less than one percent.

Will these people who have campaigned so fervently for the Huckabees and Pauls of the party become one-percenters in November? Or will they rally to their party's cause?

Their candidates may be gone, but the decisions they make in November will have a significant bearing on the outcome of the election on which everyone is so focused here, this cold grey morning in Washington on which Mike Huckabee will take the last candidate's stand at the CPAC, the place where so much doubt about John McCain resides.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/po ... lding.html

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.

Why are you inciting...

Why are you inciting strife with Ron Paul supporters on this forum. You have been doing it since I came on here . I bet I could find some pretty negative articles out there on Mitt Romney too. William has asked us to keep the peace. So I will not post them.

Jazz has a good point !

I know one thing and that thing is "No Conservative" will vote for McAmnesty nor cross over to the Progressive side for the same dam thing

I'm cooling my heels and will wait an see what happens next
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    Jazz has a good point !

I know one thing and that thing is "No Conservative" will vote for McAmnesty nor cross over to the Progressive side for the same dam thing

I'm cooling my heels and will wait an see what happens next
    If yours state did not have their primary yet, just continue to vote as you would have if your candidate was still in the race. Their names should still be on there!! Definitely vote for them, in order to send a message!!

MW
    Jazzloverinc wrote:

Why are you inciting strife with Ron Paul supporters on this forum.
    Please explain how the article bashes Ron Paul?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It implies...

This is a misleading article and implies that Ron Paul has dropped out. That is not true. He has every intention of staying in for the duration. We are having enough problems with Ron Paul being left off of ballots and we certainly don't need this sort of stuff being promulgated on this forum to confuse folks.

MW
    jazzloverinc wrote:

This is a misleading article and implies that Ron Paul has dropped out.
    Sorry, I don't see it. However, it's understood that ones perceptions can vary from person to person.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From the Horses Mouth

This is an excerpt from a letter from Ron Paul posted on his official website to his supporters.

Let me tell you my thoughts. With Romney gone, the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero. But that does not affect my determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get. But with so many primaries and caucuses now over, we do not now need so big a national campaign staff, and so I am making it leaner and tighter. Of course, I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run. I do not denigrate third parties -- just the opposite, and I have long worked to remove the ballot-access restrictions on them. But I am a Republican, and I will remain a Republican.

www.ronpaul2008.com

Re: It implies...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    This is a misleading article and implies that Ron Paul has dropped out. That is not true. He has every intention of staying in for the duration. We are having enough problems with Ron Paul being left off of ballots and we certainly don't need this sort of stuff being promulgated on this forum to confuse folks.
    But, there are now two articles saying that he dropped out. So, it might be true.

Romney said on Tuesday that he was going to stay in the race, but dropped out on Thursday.

It sounds like Paul wants to spend more time now on his local election.

HE HAS NOT DROPPED OUT!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast