Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul: The Internet Frontrunner

Ron Paul: The Internet Frontrunner
    August 27, 2007

Don't try and argue this point. Ron Paul is "da bomb" on the Internet!

LOL! OMG! If you don't understand these initials, ask your teenager or look them up here.

Here's more on Ron Paul's Internet fascination and support: Though Paul polls 2 to 3 percent nationally - far from the double digits recorded by former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, ex-Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former U.S. Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee and U.S. Sen. John McCain of Arizona - he has singular success on the Internet.

Paul easily laps the GOP field in numbers of people who watch his YouTube videos, "friend" him on MySpace, or mobilize volunteers through groups on Meetup.com.

"We are way beyond anything I ever dreamed about, first on the Internet and then translating that into fund-raising and translating that into volunteers," Paul said before taking part in a parade.

The Internet has been a campaign cash-generating tool, accounting for 80 percent of the $3 million Paul raised by midyear - a boon because direct mail solicitations can eat 60 cents of every dollar raised.

Fueled by his Web fund-raising success, Paul has increased his staff to 33 from the 7 or 8 he had just weeks ago. The campaign is beefing up operations in early primary states and places such as Texas, where it hopes for a respectable result at a Sept. 1 straw poll.

On the volunteer side, Paul's nearly 36,500 MeetUp members plan their own events , create their own literature and operate largely independently of the campaign headquarters in Arlington, Va.

"It's pretty clear that Ron Paul is the Howard Dean of the 2008 presidential election, in that his campaign is being driven to a large degree by an online community," said Andrew Rasiej, co-founder of TechPresident.com, which tracks candidates' Web support. "Campaigns are terrified to a large degree of this technology and have a very hard time dealing with free agents doing stuff."

Read more here. Let's see if Ron Paul's Internet support will translate to cold days in New Hampshire and Iowa. His supporters think it can.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/221164.aspx
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar
    I REALLY WANT Ron Paul to win. The issues he stands for are right on. Less government, no interfering with other nations, stopping illegal immigration, no taxes, getting rid of the Federal Reserve etc.

Ron is the Man ... If he does not get the Republican nomination, I pray that he will run as an independent. In any case, we need Ron Paul. The thinking man's candidate.

Paul/Tancredo in '08
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by controlledImmigration
    I REALLY WANT Ron Paul to win. The issues he stands for are right on. Less government, no interfering with other nations, stopping illegal immigration, no taxes, getting rid of the Federal Reserve etc.

Ron is the Man ... If he does not get the Republican nomination, I pray that he will run as an independent. In any case, we need Ron Paul. The thinking man's candidate.
    DITTO!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't see any evidence of this in the places I visit on line. I wish Tom Tancredo was much higher in the straw polls, though. And I'm not giving up hope just yet that Tom can be our next President.

Due to the censorship of Ron Paul by the MSM, most Americans don't realize that this is not just an ordinary Presidential campaign. His message of peace, prosperity and liberty has become a worldwide movement!

This is just one example:
    http://ronpaulfr.blogspot.com/2007/08/r ... iffel.html

The United States was a place that other countries admired and looked up to. We were that "shining light on the hill," for the whole world to see as an example. Now, due to the neo-con policies, we have become one of the most hated countries in the world.

That's why Ron Paul's message is resonating not only here, but with people in other countries as well. They are aware of The New World Order and the corruption in their own governments. It sort of reminds me of reading how our American revolution inspired France to fight for their liberty.

They see him as the one true hope for returning America back to her greatness. People are hungry for this. Whether here in America or abroad.

As I have gotten further into my support for Ron Paul, I have become so inspired by this. There are no words to describe people from every background ALL working toward the same goal. We KNOW these are dangerous times. We KNOW that this next election will be the most important in our nation's history. And just like the founders before us, we KNOW we are involved in something historic. Something that is much bigger than ourselves.

But it can't just be all talk. People need to become better educated about the election process and the requirements from their individual states as well: http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

I just pray that those Americans who foolishly mock Ron Paul and his supporters, wake up and realize that he is THE REAL DEAL. And that the reason we are so passionate about our support, is because we finally feel hopeful about the future.

I've watched lots of clips on YouTube of various candidates and their answers to questions they were asked. I just wasn't all that impressed with Ron Paul's answers. I disagree with some of his beliefs and some of the things he thinks are very important are of no importance to me and I don't even think they should be federal concerns. But I'll watch some more of him and see if I change my mind.

While peace and prosperity and liberty may be desireable things, keep in mind that nobody already in government today considered any of those things when it was time to vote over the well being of Americans.

NAFTA and CAFTA took a big bite out of American prosperity. The Patriot Act and several pork issues snuck into other bills took away our Liberty. And the majority wanted war, not peace. So, that comes across as insincerity to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I've watched lots of clips on YouTube of various candidates and their answers to questions they were asked. I just wasn't all that impressed with Ron Paul's answers. I disagree with some of his beliefs and some of the things he thinks are very important are of no importance to me and I don't even think they should be federal concerns. But I'll watch some more of him and see if I change my mind.

While peace and prosperity and liberty may be desireable things, keep in mind that nobody already in government today considered any of those things when it was time to vote over the well being of Americans.

NAFTA and CAFTA took a big bite out of American prosperity. The Patriot Act and several pork issues snuck into other bills took away our Liberty. And the majority wanted war, not peace. So, that comes across as insincerity to me.
    I don't think Ron Paul has promised peace and prosperity, although he wants to withdraw from Iraq, and he wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve and the IRS. He wants to reduce the size of the federal government by getting out of areas that the Constitution says belong to the states, for example he wants to get rid of the Dept of Education and would leave education to the states. He wants to stop the loss of sovereignty we are seeing with NAFTA, CAFTA, and the SPP. He wants to restore the liberties we are promised in the Constitution. I guess you know that the Patriot Act takes away our right of habeas corpus. See this post-- http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...iot+act#443156
    Dr. Paul voted AGAINST the Patriot Act because he DID consider those things!

As for the majority wanting war, Dr. Paul voted against the action in Iraq. He said that if we wanted war, Congress should declare war, which they refused to do. How is that insincere?

I may not agree with his stand on absolutely everything, but I agree with his principles, and I believe he has integrity that I don't see anywhere else.

Like I said, I'll look at him a little more carefully. Maybe he's the guy. But Tom Tancredo is my man.