Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul Responds To New Republic

Ron Paul Responds to The New Republic
    Posted January 9th, 2008 by manystrom
    In case you have not seen it:

January 8, 2008 5:28 am EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – In response to an article published by The New Republic, Ron Paul issued the following statement:

“The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts.

“In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content of a person's character, not the color of their skin. As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on April 20, 1999: ‘I rise in great respect for the courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.’

“This story is old news and has been rehashed for over a decade. It's once again being resurrected for obvious political reasons on the day of the New Hampshire primary.

“When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit. Several writers contributed to the product. For over a decade, I have publicly taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name.â€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    ok
    seems he left out the rest of the times he addressed these statements and the other three excuses he gave...
    Its ok
    hes just Ron Paul

A lot could've happened while he was out of the picture delivering babies. But this isn't going to change the minds of people who are intent on thinking the worst of him, which is sad.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But what was said that was attributed to him or his newsletter that as so bad?

This is sickening - truly it is. I really expected this kind of thing from the illegal crowd, the MExican government.

This kind of witch hunting, I thought, was behind us - guess not.

Here's Ron Paul taking on Laura Ingraham about the war.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJXRa2n6Fe4
    If you want real change you have to elect someone different. There will be more attacks because real change has a price..
    Steve Quayle's site might be of interest there is a-lot of interesting links to use..
    http://www.stevequayle.com/index1.html

Banned
    In other words, Paul’s campaign wants to depict its candidate as a naïve, absentee overseer, with minimal knowledge of what his underlings were doing on his behalf.

Thanks for the links, Domack. Very interesting.

This absurdity could really be good news.

When they bring out the race card, it means they have nothing left to say or do.

Now the media can pull some more shenanigans, and the elections can be rigged - but the others trying to silence him are desperate - truly desperate.

The elitists are never going to stand for someone like to Paul to get elected. You can already see it in the dirty tricks being played with the election results and the blackout by the media.