Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul Was Right - Intel Report Is The Proof

Paul right to oppose Iran war; intelligence report is the proof

The National Intelligence Estimate on Iran was released Dec. 3, and it reinforces Ron Paul's position that a pre-emptive attack on Iran would be unwarranted.

In response, the congressman and presidential candidate issued the following statement:

"We needlessly and foolishly threaten Iran, even though they have no nuclear weapons. I find it incomprehensible that as the failure of our Iraq policy becomes more evident, some want the same kind of policy toward Iran. A policy of peace, trade and diplomacy, is superior," Paul said.

The NIE report states Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 and the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research judges Iran is unlikely to have the capability to produce a nuclear weapon before 2013.

While presidential candidates with virtually zero foreign policy experience, such as Rudy Giuliani, are advocating escalation, Dr. Paul, an Air Force veteran and member of the House Foreign Relations Committee, has been a staunch opponent of expanding war into Iran.

Marc Byrne
    Chairman Libertarian Party
    of St. Clair and Sanilac counties

http://www.thetimesherald.com/apps/pbcs ... 14/OPINION

Bush acted on the WMD intelligence and look where it got him and now he is suspect of an intelligence report and everybody is shocked. I think the shock will be when we find out the truth. There is something very odd about all of this.

They are still enriching uranium and nothing precludes them from starting it up again, if they actually stopped. What's to stop them? Especially now that everybody has been told not to worry. Is anybody going to be checking???? We will find out for sure, as all others, when they test a weapon. Remember N. Korea, they started, they stopped, they have one, they don't have one, they tested one, the test was a fake, the test was real, etc. etc.

Why are they enriching uranium? A country awash in oil needs nuclear energy???? Sure?!

What I want to know is why did it take four years for this intelligence report to be published?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Face it, Bush and Cheney are crooks. I have read in several articles that Bush is a compulsive liar; he can't help it.

Anyone that truly believes we are in Iraq to fight the war on terror must be one that believes illegals are here to do jobs no one else wants to do. There is no way in h*** we are really concerned about terrorists when we have left our borders wide open since 9/11, with illegals smuggling Alqaida (spell check on that) into this country by the thousands.

The Saudi king (where the terrorists came from) and our nutcase President are selling our children's financial prosperity for Iraq/Iran oil. I guess they hope we will stay stoned with all these fabulous drugs now coming through the Mexican border, so we don't notice the end of the USA.

Bush is a liar, was a drunk and known drug user, not to mention power hungry. His wife Laura killed a man when she was a teenager in a car accident ( supposably) Records come up missing on this too. One of his oil rig workers I know said he ust to fly in on helicopter fall out drunk and stumble around while his security guards held him up. These good ole boys all gota go. We need some younger new breed of politicians to bring this country back.

Well let's hope our country makes a better decision this time, cause we have maybe one more shot to save this great nation.

Paul, Hunter, Tancredo...... that is all we've got and we better make sure one of them is our new President.