Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Ron Paul "They're Terrorist Because We're Occupiers!

Ron Paul "They're Terrorist Because We're Occupiers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Y_58Lw ... r_embedded
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

and

They prefer sharia law there and thats fine. Dont push liberalism, homosexuality, feminism etc on them....

And likewise. They shouldnt come here and try to change our laws...

They are terrorists because they are terrorists. Shame on Ron Paul.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is where I part company with Ron Paul. ISLAM HAS A CENTURIES OLD PROBLEM WITH WESTERN CIVILIZATION. they are wired for eliminating it like Shepherds make good guard dogs.
    Visit POLITICALISLAM.ORG to see the connected dots.....

Well, whether you agree or not, we shouldn't be nation building or getting involved in entangling alliances throughout the world. In many respect Congressman Ron Paul is correct. There are roughly 190 sovereign nations worldwide, and we have bases in something like 130 of them. Where we went off track with imperial expansion was the Spanish American War in 1898. Even Andrew Carnegie and Mark Twain referred to it as such.

Also, with them having a problem with the west, think about it. The Crusades from Europe, that started roughly 800 years ago, and haven't really let up. Take into consideration England, France, and Germany with the colonies in the area from the middle of the 1800s to the end of WWII. And when they left, America picked up the ball. I found a good article on the issue.

Spreading Liberty With a Bayonet | Print | E-mail
    Written by Becky Akers
    Sunday, 25 May 2008 19:42
    The United States has embroiled much of the world in its War on Terror, occupied Iraq since 2003, and bombed Afghanistan — all to “spread liberty.â€

Ron Paul makes a good point when the implies that the reason many of them attack us here is because we attack them there.

We may not be able to control them but we can go a long way to improving the situation by controlling what we do. We send out thousands of illegal aliens to invade other countries, drive up and down their roads in an oppressive manner and, among other things, illegally kick down doors. We body bag them up wholesale.

One of their patriots packs his underwear with a load of explosives that set his crotch on fire and people are coming out of the woodwork screaming how crazy they are and how it is a total outrage for this sort of thing to happen. (The smell must have been horrendous. How did the news skirt around that issue?)

Where was the outrage when we illegally invaded another country with a remote vehicle and blew people to smithereens?

The hypocrisy and mind set we have here goes beyond the envelope of sanity.

We say we believe in peace and freedom. I feel we need to do more to respect others peace and freedom. We could go a long way towards that by watching ourselves.

I feel that is what good leaders do.

Thanks for the great article, Hylander. We really need to occasionally remember what guts and perserverance this country was built on. Unfortunately, too many Americans find it extreme hardship when their favorite American Idol contestant loses.
    And Stokey, I do agree with you. Ron Paul has pointed out that we cannot impose our system of beliefs and laws on foreign lands at gunpoint -- rather it is done by more subtle means.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    . . . ISLAM HAS A CENTURIES OLD PROBLEM WITH WESTERN CIVILIZATION. they are wired for eliminating it. . .
    I agree. A good book on Islam is "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)."

However, I don't think the USA should try to be an empire either.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    . . . ISLAM HAS A CENTURIES OLD PROBLEM WITH WESTERN CIVILIZATION. they are wired for eliminating it. . .
    I agree. A good book on Islam is "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)."

However, I don't think the USA should try to be an empire either.
    Or as Madison put it, "we should be an empire of laws, not an empire of men."

Thanks vortex. I just believe what the founding fathers did concerning relations with foreign nations. We should be the example for the rest of the world. Not the next "Roman Empire". If we continue to be the neighborhood bully, we'll get a bloody nose every now and then. That's what happens. But to make them out to be the bad guy over it, well, that's the pot and the kettle.