Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul wins in Louisiana? John McCain wins unoffical?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan Chart
    Topic: Presidential Campaign 2008
    Ron Paul wins in Louisiana
    Rep. Presidential Candidate Ron Paul has grassroots working to bring him the win in the Louisiana Republican Caucus.by LibertasPraesidium
    (Libertarian)

The Rep. Pres. Candidate Ron Paul has seen an overwhelming of support activity in the state of Louisiana. The campaign seems to have a hold of things when they planned for Ron Paul to do a state tour of three major cities in Louisiana. This out-pouring of support comes just the day before the Louisiana Republican caucus's; noted as being explicitly complicated. I did some digging and found this:
    Here

The Ron Paul campaign has done extremely well in this state beating every other candidate. Initial reports show him taking most, if not all, of the alternate delegates and as many as 4 of 7 districts. For delegates, Feb 9th will be the campaign last stand to garner more support, as the people of Louisiana vote for the remaining 20 delegates to be allocated.

Seeing the appeal to other contenders in Florida, Ron Paul's campaign set its sites on Louisiana and Ron Paul's win in the Pelican State shows his viability as a Presidential contender.

He still remains the true underdog championing the Constitution and challenging the status quo; this journey into the depths of Libertarianism and the message of hope maybe resonating with the people of other states as well. As individual liberties are exposed as being gone, and more and more people wake up to the world around them.

The unofficial media block on Ron Paul may not have enough steam; sources point to this being one step in the strategy to win the Republican nomination.

Meaning there is more of the strategery to come.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article1387.html

Quote Originally Posted by LAGOP
    Republican Party of Louisiana Chairman Roger F. Villere, Jr. today announced the preliminary results of delegate elections held at GOP caucuses across the state on Tuesday evening.

More than 10,000 Republican voters met at 11 locations around Louisiana to choose delegates to the 2008 Louisiana Republican Convention, which will elect nearly all of Louisiana's delegates to the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"Preliminary results show that a majority of the 105 state convention delegates who have been elected ran on a statewide pro-life uncommitted slate," Villere said. "I congratulate the candidates and supporters of this group on their victory and look forward to working with them to keep our Party platform pro-life at the state and national conventions," he said.

Delegate candidates endorsed by US Senator John McCain (R-AZ) appear to have won more state convention delegate positions than any other presidential slate at the Louisiana Caucuses.

"I offer my congratulations Senator John McCain on his success in the Louisiana caucuses,"" Villere said. "Senator McCain is an American hero and this is further evidence that he enjoys strong support in Louisiana and throughout the South," he said.

Supporters of Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) appear to have captured the next highest number of delegate positions.

"I applaud the supporters of Congressman Paul for their enthusiasm and superior organizational ability," Villere said. "Our Party needs the infusion of new activists who have both political skill and a passion for protecting the freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution," he said. "I left the caucus with a renewed commitment to promote our core Republican principles of limited government and individual freedom, thanks to the zeal displayed by Congressman Paul's Louisiana supporters," Villere said.
    http://www.lagop.com/

"Senator McCain is an American hero and this is further evidence that he enjoys strong support in Louisiana and throughout the South," he said.
    No way McCain would win Louisiani. There's not enough $100,000. bills stuffed in refrigerators that would give the election to McCain.