Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul wins Values Voter straw poll

Ron Paul wins Values Voter straw poll
    By Gautham Nagesh - 10/08/11 03:41 PM ET

Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) handily won the straw poll for Republican presidential candidates at the Values Voter Summit on Saturday, with the socially conservative crowd giving businessman Herman Cain and former Sen. Rick Santorum (Penn.) second and third places.

Paul, a libertarian-leaning Republican, came in first with 37 percent of the vote, continuing his success among grassroots activists. Paul's supporters were out in force on Saturday morning for his speech, where he emphasized the role of his faith in informing his policy views.

Florida businessman Herman Cain kept his campaign's momentum going by finishing second with 23 percent of the vote. Cain, who has surged toward the top of the field since winning a conservative straw poll in Florida last month, stole the show on Friday and appears to have gained some traction among the Republican voters.

Santorum was also greeted warmly on Friday and expected to do well given his strong emphasis on conservative social issues. He finished third with 16 percent.

Rep. Michelle Bachmann (Minn.), who won this cycles first straw poll in Iowa, took fourth place with 8 percent in the Values Voter poll.

The news was less positive for the two candidates widely perceived as the front runners for the GOP nod, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who finished with eight and four percent, respectively. The pair drew headlines after the pastor who introduced Perry on Friday took a shot at Romney by labeling Mormonism "a cult."

Rounding out the straw poll results were former House Speaker Newt Gingrich with three percent of the vote and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, a moderate who didn't participate in the summit and got 0 percent support.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop ... straw-poll

Haha!! Ron Paul always wins straw polls because he has fanatical anarchist supporters but these straw polls never correlate with scientific polls. Ron Paul is therefore a 'paper tiger and an unfortunate distraction'.
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles
    Haha!! Ron Paul always wins straw polls because he has fanatical anarchist supporters, but these straw polls never correlate with scientific polls. Ron Paul is therefore a 'paper tiger and an unfortunate distraction'.
    Why would you say that Ron Paul supporters are anarchists?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Haha!! Ron Paul always wins straw polls because he has fanatical anarchist supporters, but these straw polls never correlate with scientific polls. Ron Paul is therefore a 'paper tiger and an unfortunate distraction'.

Oh so we are supposed to fall in line and go with Perry or Romney the RINO arm of the corporate globalists desire!!!!

Ron Paul is no anarchist he is a patriot unlike Perry and Romney who don't work for the people only special interests,. Ron Paul has been talking about all these things going on in this Country for many years...but like always stupidity and apathy reign.

Thanks but no thanks it clearly shows they don't want Ron Paul...that is good enough for me....the one they fight the hardest against is better than the one's they pick...we have had 50 years or better of what they pick....

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    Well, not all of RP's supporters are anarchists, but many of them are, and they often use the tactics of leftists like Saul Alinsky, and this is why they often win straw polls but fail to win more scientific polls.
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

Gotta give ya credit Achilles, your persistent.

You remind me alot of this worm farmer I once knew. We were talking politics and politico speak one day and he said "worms are alot like political hacks and spin doctors." And I said, Oh yea, how so? He said, "Well they take their pointy heads, make up their little minds where they want to go and spin their way into the sh**!"

For a long time I thought the guy was being hard on the worms. Then again I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

One thing I am sure of though, politics sure can be fun at times also.

"Saul Alinsky" huh? Maybe the worm farmer was right?

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I am a very proud supporter of Ron Paul and I hear it all of the time how zany Ron Paul supporters are

I am a veteran of 22.5 years in a combat arms specialty; retired with ribbons and awards covering up the front of my uniform

Arctic Expert, JRC, Fort Greeley Alaska; Jungle Warfare Expert JWTC Fort Sherman, Panama; Battle of Grenada; Battle of Panama; Somalia Humanitarian Crisis; Haiti Humanitarian crisis; Gulf War I; Bosnia; Kosovo; Cold War / Eastern Warsaw Block Countries. Significant areas, Arctic (Alaska), Desert (Kuwait / Iraq), Mountains (Bosnia / Kosovo / Alaska); Significant Countries / Continents - Europe (Germany), South America (Panama / Honduras); Asia (Korea, Kuwait, Iraq); retired just before 9 - 11, Gulf war II / Afghanistan Campaign.

Sapper Leader Course (Engineer Ranger)Fort Leonard Wood Missouri; Airborne School, Fort Benning Georgia; Air Assault School, Fort Campbell Kentucky; Drill Sergeant School, Fort Leonard Wood Missouri; NBC School - Nuclear, Biological, Chemical School; Hohenfels Germany; ANCOC - Advanced Non Commissioned Officer Course, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; BNCOC - Basic Non Commissioned Officer Course, Hohenfels Germany; PNCOC - Primary Non Commissioned Officer Course, Fort Richardson Alaska.

Airborne Wings, Air Assault Wings, Drill Sergeant Badge, GAFET - German Armed Forces Efficiency Tab (Gold Medal), Shutzenschnier - German Marksmanship Badge (Bronze Medal), Good Conduct Medal - 7th Award, Meritorious Service Medal - 2nd Oak Leaf Cluster, NATO Service Ribbon, NCO Development Ribbon - 3rd Award, Army Commendation Medal - 3rd Oak leaf clusters, Army Achievement Medal - 3rd Oak leaf clusters, National Defense Service Medal, Rifle - Sharp Shooter, Grenade - Expert

AirborneSapper7 = Airborne Qaulified Engineer Platoon Sergeant

Currently a body guard at night while finishing up my engineering degree during the day

drive a Very nice vehicle

live in a very nice house in a gated community

Upper Middle Class and I support Ron Paul; so do many of my friends and ALL of my military battle buddys that want these insane never ending wars to end

I think your a little out of hand stereo-typing / painting with a broad brush who indead supports Ron Paul

if you look at photos of the events, you will see all ages, class, and types of people that follow with a passion someone so devoted to the Constitution

Never in my life has a politician made me cry untill Ron Paul ... Freedom is powerful and I'm not talking Anarchy

What this man told me I would have to do to fix this mess we are in ... I WOULD DO and I would do it with a passion because I believe every word that comes out of this mans mouth

there are a very few in politics I would follow and even if I did I would watch every move everything that individual said to verify the truth

Ron Paul Supporters will defend this protector of our constitution as if our life depends on it... because it does

many seem to get that info from the MSN and just like before Americans are being dumbed down to keep Ron Paul out of office

you can trash me all you want..... but this man will stand in front of Ron Paul to keep him safe

Old School remembers what Freedom is like... what you see going on around you is not freedom... it is freedom thats been hijacked from the people by a SELECT FEW that in my oppinion should have been on trial for TREASON / SEDITION a LONG TIME AGO

by the way... just because you ROGUE POLITICIANS are not on trial or in Prison yet; doesnt mean its not going to happen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Airborn, allow me to keep this very simple. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    Well, not all of RP's supporters are anarchists, but many of them are, and they often use the tactics of leftists like Saul Alinsky, and this is why they often win straw polls but fail to win more scientific polls.

[b]Better pay attention a little bit more, it is Obama whose is a follower of Saul Alinksy.... [/b[

Communist guru
    Saul Alinsky’s son: “Obama learned his lesson wellâ€

I think someone is well versed and knows how to paint by numbers.

This is great thread kathyet, Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast