Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rubio: "Hard To Compromise When The Other Side Does Not

WATCH VIDEO HERE:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... d_to_com...

Senator Rubio: “I have watched the President give press conferences, I have watched the President give speeches, but I have yet to see a plan from the President. And with all due respect to my colleagues in the other party here in the Senate, I haven't seen a plan from them either. They are the majority party. They control this chamber. They control the Senate. And I haven't seen a plan from them.

“A moment ago we heard this talk about – well we have to compromise. Well it's really hard to compromise when the other side doesn't have a plan. What do you compromise on? Where is your plan? You can't compromise if only one person is offering plans. There is only one plan that has been voted on by any House to deal with this issue, and it's the one we're on right now, Cut, Cap and Balance. I would submit that if you don't like Cut, Cap and Balance, if you don't think we need to cut spending, cap spending and balance our budget, then show us your alternative.

“Or maybe you do believe we need to cut, cap and balance, but you don't like the way this bill cuts spending, caps spending and balances spending. Fine. Offer your version of Cut, Cap and Balance. Let’s proceed to this bill. Let's get on this bill that the House has passed and if you don't like it, change it. You've got the votes here to do it. If you’ve got a better, bring this bill up and amend it. Put your ideas on it.

“But how could you ask for compromise? How could you ask the House-- how could you scold Republicans in the House for refusing to compromise if you don't have a plan of your own? How can you compromise if you don't have any ideas of your own? It's not a fair thing to say. And so I would urge the leadership of this chamber and the President of the United States to offer their ideas on paper. Put your ideas on paper and offer them so we can begin to work on this concept of compromise that you've offered. Because you can't compromise and you can't negotiate with people that will not offer a plan.

“Let's get -- why don't you vote to proceed to cut, cap and balance? Proceed to this bill so we could have a debate on this bill and so you could offer your ideas on this bill. This is the perfect opportunity to do it. Let's stop negotiating in the media and through press conferences and start doing it here on this floor, which is what people sent us here to do.â€

cjbl the address to this article does not work. Good Article.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I heard Oreilly on fox news say over and over we need comprise,how does one do that with the extreme left which is what we now have in DC, the more money you give the more they spend doesn't matter the source rich or poor. Corrupt/greedy CEO"S and corrupt government have brought us to this point.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.