Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon

Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon

Pentagon admits $2.3 Trillion missing and Rumsfeld calls it a matter of "life and death."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4GdHLUHwU

in addition almost 1 Trillion was missing from HUD .... you tell me people... nobody losses this much money and it's all being swept under the carpet
    .................................................. .......................................
    I honestly hope you all wake up

over 1 trillion lost by Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac

Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac have a total debt of 7 Trillion dollars and is getting ready to collapse from corruption, and very bad loans (Including those sold to Illegal Aliens) AND ... now the government wants to put that debt onto the US TAX Payers .... hahahahaha .. I suppose they want a pay raise while they are at it (All government oversight went out the bldg as far as the president and congress is concerned (Please see)

http://www.hud.gov/news/release.cfm?con ... 03-007.cfm

http://www.hud.gov/news/release.cfm?con ... N=58686811

http://www.hud.gov/news/speeches/presremarks.cfm

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/04/14/hud/

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A96F948260

http://www.nlihc.org/detail/article.cfm ... 4856&id=72

an additional 4 Trillion dollars added on to the Federal Debt level by President Bush

Over a Trillion dollars lost in home equity

over a Trillion dollars lost in HUD housing

over 2.3 Trillion cannot be found by the Pentagon (Funny how this broke on 9/10 the day before 9-11-01) and the attack on America... wondering if they covered it up in bldg 7 ... who knows, but we still haven't gotten an answer of where that money is and that was 7 years ago

We borrow Billions every month to fight 2 wars at a time, McCain wants to go to war with Iran and put troops in Georgia.

Bush promising 48 Billion dollars for Aids in Africa (You really don't think they will get that money do you) do you honestly believe that.

Bush rearming Georgia and wants to give them a Billion plus a year in aid for an invasion that Georgia propagated for an oil pipeline .. whodathuinkit

no wonder the government does what it does... you people are either crazy, don't care or you don't mind debt.... damn... I need in this deal.. it's too good to be true ... now, I'm not trying to be a conspiratory theorist..... I just want to know where my tax dollars are at
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2.3 TRillion $$ of the TAXPAYER's MONEY IS MISSING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRqeJcu ... re=related

you have watched the biggest scam in human history and it all evolves around Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rumsfeld 2.3 Trillion Dollars missing Pentagon 1 DAY b4/9-11

Rumsfeld 2.3 Trillion Dollars missing Pentagon 1 DAY b4/9-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpWqdPM ... re=related

U.S.'s Missing $Trillions Make Mainstream At Last
    Monday, 26 May 2003, 2:03 pm
    Article: Scoop Link

SCOOP EDITOR'S INTRODUCTION

Scoop readers will be well aware of the tale of the missing trillions of dollars from the US Department of Defense. The story of the missing trillions that the world's biggest military organisation has been unable to properly account for has till now been mainly confined to the fringes - though it was originally published in Insight Magazine (A Washington based investigative magazine owned by the Washington Times company) in reports by Kelly Patricia O Meara. The missing monies are a central plank to the work of Scoop Columnists Catherine Fitts & Chris Sanders.
    SEARCH NZ JOBS
    Search Businesses FindA
    Find the property for you

For the original missing trillions stories see:
    http://www.insightmag.com/main.cfm?incl ... yid=246188

The elevation of this blockbuster story into the mainstream came after the San Francisco Chronicle ran a front page investigative piece a week ago. The full text of this article is included below for archival and educational purposes.

Since publication of the Chronicle article several more mainstream mentions have been made of the story in other media including as you see below CBS news and the Guardian in the United Kingdom.

NOTES ON WHAT A TRILLION DOLLARS IS

Finally, when reading the following it is worth pausing for a moment to consider just how much USD$1 trillion is.

A stack of 10 $100 dollar bills is roughly 1 mm thick and USD$10,000 in $100 dollar bills is a centimetre thick. From this we can deduce.

$1 million = a 1 meter high pile of $100 dollar bills.
    $1 billion -= a kilometer high pile of $100 dollar bills.
    $1 trillion = a 1000 kilometer high pile of $100 dollar bills (enough to stretch from Washington to New York three times – or from Christchurch to Auckland.)
    $3.3 trillion – 3300 kilometers of $100 dollar bills (enough to stretch easily from New Zealand to Australia or most of the way across the United States.)

Or put another way…

US GDP is roughly USD$10 Trillion a year - ten times USD$1 Trillion – and three times the $3.3 Trillion unaccounted for by the DoD.)
    NZ GDP is roughly USD$50 Billion – one twentieth of $1 Trillion.

So much for the peace dividend: Pentagon is winning the battle for a $400bn budget
    Despite huge military inefficiency, Republicans return US defence spending to cold war levels to buy cold war weaponry
    Julian Borger in Washington and David Teather in New York
    Thursday May 22, 2003

The biggest US defence budget since the cold war is being rammed through Congress by the Republican majority this week despite persistent questions over waste and the Pentagon's own admission that it cannot account for more than a trillion dollars.

... snip ...

Some Democrats in Congress have vigorously objected to the bill, at a time of unbridled Pentagon waste. In an open letter to leaders of both parties, they said: "To date, no major part of the department of defence has passed the test of an independent audit."

The Pentagon's own inspector general recently admitted that the department could not account for more than a trillion dollars of past spending. A congressional investigation reported that inventory management in the army was so weak it had lost track of 56 airplanes, 32 tanks, and 36 missile launchers.

"There's no accountability," said Danielle Brian, head of the Washington budget watchdog, Project on Government Oversight. "Any other agency would be closed down but the Pentagon is Teflon. Any challenge to the Pentagon is seen as unpatriotic."

Click for full version:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/international ... 76,00.html

Pentagon Fights For (Its) Freedom
    May 19, 2003

(CBS) The Pentagon would get expanded powers to shift personnel and money, avoid regulations and reduce the reports it provides to Congress under a Bush administration proposal that both the House and Senate may debate this week.

Defense officials say the Defense Transformation for the 21st Century Act will increase efficiency and eliminate waste, but opponents believe the bill would erode congressional oversight.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the plan is designed to address problems like $1 trillion in spending the Pentagon's Inspector General recently said was not properly accounted for, and the missing equipment reported by the General Accounting Office, which included 56 airplanes and 32 tanks.

Click for full version:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/ ... 4514.shtml

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the plan is designed to address problems like $1 trillion in spending the Pentagon's Inspector General recently said was not properly accounted for, and the missing equipment reported by the General Accounting Office, which included 56 airplanes and 32 tanks.
    I WILL TELL YOU THIS. EVEN AN IDIOT COULD KEEP TRACK OF A TANK OR AN AIRPLANE OR A TRILLION PLUS DOLLARS. THIS WAS NOT JUST MISPLACED.

The War On Waste
    Defense Department Cannot Account For 25% Of Funds — $2.3 Trillion

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 29, 2002

(CBS) On Sept. 10, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy," he said.

He said money wasted by the military poses a serious threat.

"In fact, it could be said it's a matter of life and death," he said.

Rumsfeld promised change but the next day – Sept. 11-- the world changed and in the rush to fund the war on terrorism, the war on waste seems to have been forgotten.

Just last week President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

More money for the Pentagon, CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, while its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

"We know it's gone. But we don't know what they spent it on," said Jim Minnery, Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Minnery, a former Marine turned whistle-blower, is risking his job by speaking out for the first time about the millions he noticed were missing from one defense agency's balance sheets. Minnery tried to follow the money trail, even crisscrossing the country looking for records.

"The director looked at me and said 'Why do you care about this stuff?' It took me aback, you know? My supervisor asking me why I care about doing a good job," said Minnery.

He was reassigned and says officials then covered up the problem by just writing it off.

"They have to cover it up," he said. "That's where the corruption comes in. They have to cover up the fact that they can't do the job."

The Pentagon's Inspector General "partially substantiated" several of Minnery's allegations but could not prove officials tried "to manipulate the financial statements."

Twenty years ago, Department of Defense Analyst Franklin C. Spinney made headlines exposing what he calls the "accounting games." He's still there, and although he does not speak for the Pentagon, he believes the problem has gotten worse.

"Those numbers are pie in the sky. The books are cooked routinely year after year," he said.

Another critic of Pentagon waste, Retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan, commanded the Navy's 2nd Fleet the first time Donald Rumsfeld served as Defense Secretary, in 1976.

In his opinion, "With good financial oversight we could find $48 billion in loose change in that building, without having to hit the taxpayers."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/ ... 5985.shtml

Rumsfeld Sept 10, 2001: The Pentagon cannot account for $2.3

Rumsfeld Sept 10, 2001: The Pentagon cannot account for $2.3 TRILLION

CBS NEWS: The War on Waste

Watch the CBS News Video here

http://benfrank.net/patriots/news/natio ... _trillions

On Sept. 10, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy," he said.

Rumsfeld promised change but the next day – Sept. 11-- the world changed and in the rush to fund the war on terrorism, the war on waste seems to have been forgotten.

Just last week President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

More money for the Pentagon, CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, while its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

"We know it's gone. But we don't know what they spent it on," said Jim Minnery, Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Minnery, a former Marine turned whistle-blower, is risking his job by speaking out for the first time about the millions he noticed were missing from one defense agency's balance sheets. Minnery tried to follow the money trail, even crisscrossing the country looking for records.

"The director looked at me and said 'Why do you care about this stuff?' It took me aback, you know? My supervisor asking me why I care about doing a good job," said Minnery.

He was reassigned and says officials then covered up the problem by just writing it off.

"They have to cover it up," he said. "That's where the corruption comes in. They have to cover up the fact that they can't do the job."

The Pentagon's Inspector General "partially substantiated" several of Minnery's allegations but could not prove officials tried "to manipulate the financial statements."

Twenty years ago, Department of Defense Analyst Franklin C. Spinney made headlines exposing what he calls the "accounting games." He's still there, and although he does not speak for the Pentagon, he believes the problem has gotten worse.

"Those numbers are pie in the sky. The books are cooked routinely year after year," he said.

Another critic of Pentagon waste, Retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan, commanded the Navy's 2nd Fleet the first time Donald Rumsfeld served as Defense Secretary, in 1976.

In his opinion, "With good financial oversight we could find $48 billion in loose change in that building, without having to hit the taxpayers."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/ ... 5985.shtml

more info here
    http://www.whereisthemoney.org/

Related: Reps Murtha and Moran don't even know about missing trillions! http://benfrank.net/blog/2006/01/07/inc ... _traitors/

The 'blogosphere' has been talking about this story for years, and two Congressmen have never heard of it. They are shielded from info, living in a bubble, just like Bush.

http://benfrank.net/patriots/news/natio ... _trillions

THE WAR ON WASTE - Rumsfeld Says 2.3 Trillion Dollars Missin

THE WAR ON WASTE - Rumsfeld Says 2.3 Trillion Dollars Missing

CBS News ^ | January 29, 2002 | By Vince Gonzales

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 5:41:48 PM by Uncle Bill

THE WAR ON WASTE

Defense Department Cannot Account For 25% Of Funds — $2.3 Trillion

On Sept. 10, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared war. Not on foreign terrorists, "the adversary's closer to home. It's the Pentagon bureaucracy," he said.

©MMII, CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved.

1.1 Trillion Dollars Missing At Defense Department

3,400,000,000,000(Trillion) of Taxpayers' Money Is Missing

Federal Government and Congress To Lower Boom On Enron - Criminal, Fraud, Waste, Accounting Methods

BUSH SPENDING BILL LARGEST EVER

Enron has 42 contracts with the federal Government, including the supply of chemicals to the Pentagon. "Arthur Andersen" has 64 contracts covering a range of consulting services.

"How do we know we need $48 billion since we don't know what we're spending and what we're buying?"
    Retired Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/620276/posts