Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer

Rush Limbaugh announces he has 'advanced lung cancer'

February 3, 2020

Brian Flood

Video

(VIDEO at link)

Talk radio king Rush Limbaugh stunned his 20-million member audience Monday with the announcement he’s been diagnosed with “advanced lung cancer.”

The 69-year-old conservative talk pioneer closed his broadcast with the grim news, saying he will be leaving his golden EIB microphone for treatment, but hopes to return later this week.

“This day has been one of the most difficult days in recent memory, for me, because I’ve known this moment was coming,” Limbaugh said. “I’m sure that you all know by now that I really don’t like talking about myself and I don’t like making things about me... one thing that I know, that has happened over the 31-plus years of this program is that there has been an incredible bond that had developed between all of you and me.”

RUSH LIMBAUGH'S SHOCKING CANCER DIAGNOSIS SPURS SUPPORT, WELL WISHES

The radio icon then told his audience that his job has provided him with the “greatness satisfaction and happiness” of his life.

“So, I have to tell you something today that I wish I didn’t have to tell you. It’s a struggle for me because I had to inform my staff earlier today,” he said. “I can’t help but feel that I’m letting everybody down. The upshot is that I have been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.”

Radio personality Rush Limbaugh, seen here at a November 2018 rally for President Trump in Missouri, announced Monday he's been diagnosed with "advanced" lung cancer. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson, File)

Limbaugh told listeners that the disease will keep him off the air on certain days when he’ll receive treatment. He said two medical institutions confirmed the diagnosis since he first realized something was wrong on Jan. 12 when he experienced shortness of breath.

“I thought about not telling anybody,” he said. “It is what it is. You know me, I’m the mayor of Realville. This has happened and my intention is to come here every day I can, and do this program as normally and competently and expertly as I do each and every day because that is the source of my greatest satisfaction professionally, personally.”
    “I told the staff today that I have a deeply personal relationship with God that I do not proselytize about, but I do, and I have been working that relationship tremendously,” he said. "I am, at the moment, experiencing zero symptoms."

Limbaugh said he will undergo further testing and planned to “push ahead and keep everything as normal” as he could.

“I felt that I had to tell you because that’s the kind of relationship that I feel like I have with those of you in this audience,” he said. “Over the years, a lot of people have been very nice, telling me how much this program has meant to them but, whatever that is, it pales in comparison to what you all have meant to me.”

The radio veteran -- widely considered one of the most powerful voices in conservative media -- said he “can’t describe” the feeling but he’s aware his audience understood him.

“The rest of the world may not,” Limbaugh said. “But, I know that you do.”

"I have a deeply personal relationship with God that I do not proselytize about, but I do, and I have been working that relationship tremendously."
    — Rush Limbaugh

Limbaugh called his listener base one of “the greatest sources of confidence” that he’s ever had in his life.

“I hope I will be talking about this as little as necessary in the coming days, but we’ve got a great bunch of doctors, a great team assembled, we’re at full speed ahead on this,” Limbaugh said. “It’s just now a matter of implementing what we are going to be told later this week.”

He said he “hopes” to be back on Thursday.

Video

“If not, it’ll be as soon as I can,” Limbaugh said. “Every day I’m not here, I’ll be thinking of you and missing you.”

Limbaugh’s name began trending on social media within minutes of his shocking announcement as countless users offered thoughts and prayers. “The Rush Limbaugh Show” has reached up to 27 million people per week on more than 600 stations, according to his website.

Fox News’ Sean Hannity responded on his own radio show: “I don’t think talk radio would ever be anything like it is, or I’d be here, if it wasn’t for all that Rush has done.”

Limbaugh began the “The Rush Limbaugh Show” in 1988 and has since earned a variety of awards and honors. He’s a five-time winner of the National Association of Broadcasters Marconi Award for “Excellence in Syndicated and Network Broadcasting,” a No. 1 New York Times bestselling author and a member of the Radio Hall of Fame and National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame. He also was named one of Barbara Walters’ 10 Most Fascinating People in 2008 and one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2009.

Limbaugh has been named to Forbes Magazine’s 50 Most Powerful Celebrities in the United States list, received the William F. Buckley, Jr. Award for media excellence, won the “Defender of the Constitution Award” at the Conservative Political Action Conference [CPAC] in 2009 and was invited to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom of the White House by President George H. W. Bush.

He also was an honorary member of the House of Representatives Republican freshman class of 1995.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-l...ed-lung-cancer

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-03-2020 at 11:51 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Praying for Rush.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rush Limbaugh's shocking cancer diagnosis spurs support, well wishes

February 3, 2020

Joseph A. Wulfsohn

Video

Media and political figures offered an outpouring support for radio host Rush Limbaugh, who announced on Monday that he was diagnosed with "advanced lung cancer."

“This day has been one of the most difficult days in recent memory, for me, because I’ve known this moment was coming,” the conservative juggernaut said on his show. “I’m sure that you all know by now that I really don’t like talking about myself and I don’t like making things about me… one thing that I know, that has happened over the 31-plus years of this program is that there has been an incredible bond that had developed between all of you and me.

“So, I have to tell you something today that I wish I didn’t have to tell you," Limbaugh, 69, told his radio listeners. "It’s a struggle for me, because I had to inform my staff earlier today. I can’t help but feel that I’m letting everybody down. The upshot is that I have been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.”

Many took to social media with heartfelt reactions to the announcement.

"Rush Limbaugh is a National Treasure who has made a difference on the airwaves of America for 30 years. Rush, Karen and I will be joining millions across this Country in praying for your swift recovery. God Bless You!" Vice President Mike Pence tweeted.
    "My heart and prayers go out to Rush Limbaugh, who has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. He has inspired a generation to enter politics, including myself. We are fighting with you, Rush!!!" Trump campaign national secretary Kayleigh McEnany wrote.

"Prayers for Rush Limbaugh," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton reacted.

"Prayers for my old friend Rush @Limbaugh," Media Research Center founder Brent Bozell tweeted.

"The news that Rush Limbaugh has lung cancer is horrible, but he's got millions of people behind him. He's a legend and a fighter. If you are the praying kind, do it," wrote Townhall senior columnist Kurt Schlichter.

Others expressed kind words about the conservative radio giant.

"If you currently or have ever worked in conservative media, you owe Rush a debt of gratitude. He's the founding father of this entire industry, and blazed the trail for the rest of us," radio host Steve Deace said.

Rush Limbaugh's announcement that he is battling advanced lung cancer is such sad news - I wish him a speedy recovery - will pray for him and his family. Love you Rush!" Fox News contributor Sara Carter tweeted.

"Rush Limbaugh just announced that he is battling advanced lung cancer. Praying for him during this difficult time. Fortunately, the man is a determined fighter filled with enormous strength & will power! Wishing you the best Rush!" wrote Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y.

"Pray for Rush and his family. Rush's impact on the conservative movement can't be overstated -- nearly every conservative of my generation grew up listening to him -- and that impact will be felt for decades to come," conservative commentator Ben Shapiro reacted.

"No one has done more to advance the cause of freedom than my friend, Rush Limbaugh. His brilliant analysis day after day, year after year represents a monumental contribution to conservative principles & a strong America. Our prayers are with him & his family for hope & healing," former Attorney General Jeff Sessions wrote.

The radio veteran -- one of the most powerful voices in conservative media -- said he “can’t describe” the feeling but he’s aware his audience understands him.

“The rest of the world may not,” Limbaugh said. “But I know that you do.”

Limbaugh called his listeners one of “the greatest sources of confidence” that he’s ever had in his life.

“I hope I will be talking about this as little as necessary in the coming days, but we’ve got a great bunch of doctors, a great team assembled, we’re at full speed ahead on this,” Limbaugh said. “It’s just now a matter of implementing what we are going to be told later this week.”

He said he “hopes” to be back on Thursday.

“If not, it’ll be as soon as I can,” Limbaugh said. “Every day I’m not here, I’ll be thinking of you and missing you.”
    Fox News' Brian Flood contributed to this report.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-l...rvatives-react
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-04-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Mark Levin on Rush Limbaugh: He's 'changed the world' and 'we will fight with him' to beat cancer

February 3, 2020

Syndicated radio host Mark Levin, the host of Fox News Channel's "Life, Liberty & Levin," called into fellow FNC host Sean Hannity's radio program Monday to discuss their mutual friend Rush Limbaugh's announcement that he has advanced-stage lung cancer.

Levin said he pulled to the side of the road when he heard the news, and thought about what Limbaugh, 69, has meant to talk radio, the American society, and the world.

HANNITY REACTS TO LIMBAUGH'S CANCER ANNOUNCEMENT: 'IT HIT ME LIKE A MACK TRUCK'

"This country [cannot] do without him," Levin remarked. "What would we do without him? So, we must pray."
    "We know Rush," the "Mark Levin Show" host remarked. "He'll fight like hell - and what a class act this man is. He so loves his audience, and that's not a joke."

Video

Levin said that despite what his political foes say about him, Limbaugh is a compassionate man who loves his family and his radio audience like family and is known for not engaging in heated debates with people who criticize him.

"He's got a lot more self-control than I do," remarked Levin, who is known for occasionally getting feisty with opposing callers.

Levin asked Hannity's audience to pray for Limbaugh, who said he will miss Tuesday and Wednesday's program to meet with his physicians.

"We will fight with him, we will pray, and if anybody can get through this it's him."

He also reflected on Limbaugh's impact on the talk radio medium.

"This whole damn industry would be dead [without him]. How many national talk show hosts did you listen to before Rush? I'd listen to local hosts," said Levin, a Pennsylvania native who began his top-market career at WABC in New York City.
    "He's the Energizer Rush. He always has energy -- he's always fighting."

Levin said Limbaugh is one of few people in history who have truly "changed the world.": "We will pray for him and with Godspeed, he'll get through this."

Video

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mark-l...to-beat-cancer