Rush Limbaugh

Obama knew what everybody else doubted, you could win a war with air power alone. You watch. And new annals in warfare will be taught at all of the war colleges.

General Obama’s War Will Be the Most Successful in History
RUSH: I don't want there to be any confusion that when this is all over and the media writes the story that Obama will have proven a world history timeline of...
rushlimbaugh.com

General Obama’s War Will Be the Most Successful in History

September 23, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Here's Tom in Columbus. Great to have you, sir. Hello.
CALLER: Thank you. Nice to talk to you.
RUSH: Thank you, sir.
CALLER: Maybe you can help me. I'm usually up to snuff but I think I missed something. Can you give me the laundry list of diplomatic sanctions that Obama did before going to war? Because I'm sure I must have missed it. The left, that's always the big mantra, so, you know, diplomatic sanctions, diplomatic sanctions first, last resort war, so I must have missed something, so can you give me the laundry list?

RUSH: You didn't miss anything. There are no diplomatic sanctions on ISIS, 'cause ISIS isn't a state. They're just a terror group trying to become a state. It's what their attempt to take over Iraq and Syria is about.
CALLER: Right. But they took over all those areas, and they're talking about they're the richest terrorist group in the history of the world because of all these oil wells they own.
RUSH: That's because they've stolen the oil. They've stolen the oil. They're not importing anything. We're not exporting to ISIS, and nobody else is, either. They're stealing everything and murdering people to get it. The left says that Iraq was about oil, blood for oil. We didn't get any of the oil. We purposely stupidly didn't take any of the oil just to show people --
CALLER: There were no diplomatic sanctions to ISIS.
RUSH: No, there were no diplomatic sanctions. There's not even a coalition. I mean, there is, but come on. Bahrain, Jordan, Qatar, United Arab Emirates.
CALLER: Well, how hard would it be to just blow up all their oil wells?
RUSH: Well, we wouldn't.
CALLER: So they don't get any money.
RUSH: We want to kill them. We're not gonna take out the oil wells.
CALLER: Well, then surely Obama's roof knocking and warning the areas that he's bombing because we know how Israel did that and --
RUSH: No, no. No, we're not doing that, because Obama wouldn't strike women and children anyway. It won't happen. We discussed this earlier in the program. There will be no civilian casualties. You don't have to worry about it. Even if there are, there won't be any. We won't hear about them. We're gonna have the most surgical military operation in history when this thing's all over. In fact, we're gonna have, I'll predict to you, we're gonna have the first, in world history, the first major victory with air power alone.
All the generals, all the military experts, even Mayor Rudy Giuliani said you can't wipe these guys out without a ground operation. You just can't do it. You've got to take what they have away from them. You just can't bomb them into smithereens. And this has been the standard procedure for warfare from the beginning of time.

It has always been the infantry, ground troops, which take territory, seize it, and secure surrenders and so forth. (interruption) Did who say... (interruption) No, he said we couldn't wipe them out. Obama said we can't wipe 'em out 'cause they're like cockroaches. He didn't say cockroaches, but it's impossible to wipe 'em out because after the first bomb they move to another location.
So they're always gonna be there, but the point is, given the way the media has reported on Obama so far, I won't be surprised if this is the first time in world warfare history -- this is Obama's first war, folks. Do you have any doubt it's gonna be the most successful war this country has ever conducted? He'll probably get a Nobel Peace Prize for doing war so well, showing how well it can be done with as few civilian casualties and as rapid a period of time. He might get another Nobel Peace Prize after this war is over. No ground forces. It's gonna be the biggest victory the US has ever had if the media has their way with this. You better prepare yourselves for this, folks.
I could be wrong. I could be wrong. But I just don't see 'em doing a body count. I don't see 'em reporting on casualties, civilian. I don't see Obama and America being treated by the media the way Israel is in these things. I'm saying it somewhat facetiously. I don't want there to be any confusion that when this is all over and the media writes the story that Obama will have proven a world history timeline of military experts wrong, because he's so much smarter and so much more talented and so much more capable.
Obama knew what everybody else doubted, you could win a war with air power alone. You watch. And new annals in warfare will be taught at all of the war colleges. General Obama might even give himself a star when this is over, or the Nobel committee might. You never know.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Grab sound bite number seven. Just very quickly, media montage of the operation so far.
JOHN BERMAN: The US launching air strikes against ISIS targets for the first time in Syria, and not alone.
NORAH O'DONNELL: Five Arab nations that participated in this raid. I mean, an extraordinary coalition.
DANA BASH: Five Arab countries that were joining in the United States, that is something that is huge.
ED HENRY: The key part is these five Arab nations.
ANDREA MITCHELL: Five Arab allies who participated in some ways in these strikes.
JIM MIKLASZEWSKI: For the first time, Arab allies in the region.
PETER BEINART: It's a remarkable diplomatic achievement.
BRIANNA KEILAR: There are five Arab nations supporting US air strikes.
JAY SOLOMON: So many Arab states were willing to take part.
RUSH: This is unreal. Bush had 25 or 30 and they said he was a cowboy going it alone. He's got five? This is over the top.
END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...ful_in_history