Rush: Obama Is Comfortable Joking About Eating Dogs

Monday, 30 Apr 2012 01:15 PM
By Michelle Lopata

President Barack Obama made light of the recent backlash over his dog-eating story detailed in his autobiography while making a speech at the White House Correspondents Dinner Saturday night.

Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh lambasted the move Monday, saying that the dog-eating jokes made him nervous and uncomfortable.

“Obama told dog-eating jokes,” Limbaugh said. “It makes me very nervous . . . It just makes me nervous, but apparently not Obama. He can talk freely about eating dog in his autobiography. He makes a joke about it. It’s strange.”

“Sarah Palin’s getting
back into the game, guest-hosting on the ‘Today’ show,” Obama said during the correspondents dinner. “Which reminds me of an old saying: What’s the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? A pit bull is delicious . . . A little soy sauce.”

Obama’s joke riffed off of one of former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin’s famous lines: “What is the difference between a pit bull and a soccer mom? Lipstick.”

The audience erupted into laughter, but Limbaugh did not find the joke funny. In fact, he found it confusing.

“What does that mean you would do with a hockey mom?” Limbaugh asked. “How can you compare flavors?”

“I find the whole thing just a slight bit uncomfortable.”

Obama wrote in 2005 about the time he spent in Indonesia as a child in his autobiography “Dreams From My Father,” detailing his introduction to dog meat which he described as "tough."

Rush: Obama Is Comfortable Joking About Eating Dogs