Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rush Limbaugh to Obama: 'You are no Jesus Christ'

Rush Limbaugh to Obama: 'You are no Jesus Christ'
    Radio host rips Dems' comparing Barack to Messiah, Palin to Pilate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: September 11, 2008
    2:02 pm Eastern
    By Joe Kovacs
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

In the wake of repeated comments from Democrats comparing Sen. Barack Obama to Jesus and Gov. Sarah Palin to Pontius Pilate, radio host Rush Limbaugh today blasted the Democrats' strategy as "pathological" and "insane."

"I know Jesus Christ. I pray to Jesus Christ all the time," said Limbaugh." I study what Jesus Christ did and said all the time, and let me tell you something, Barack Obama, you are no Jesus Christ."

He also attacked Obama's stances for abortion and sex education for children in kindergarten, saying, "I can't find any such references to Jesus promoting infanticide nor do I find any references to Jesus Christ suggesting sex education be taught to 4- and 5-year-olds, but I'm still looking in the New Testament and I'll let you all know if I come up with anything."

Democrats, including party strategist Donna Brazile and Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., made nearly identical biblical comparisons of the characters in this presidential election, which Limbaugh traced back to a Sept. 4 posting on a Washington blog.

"Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus," Cohen said during a one-minute speech on the floor of the U.S. House yesterday. "Pontius Pilate was a governor."

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp_2Cw4R ... geId=74999

Pilate was the Roman official who sentenced Jesus to death.

Cohen was referring to comments Palin aimed at Obama during her acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention in Minnesota last week.

Palin had made fun of Obama for citing his experience as a community organizer, saying, "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities."

Addressing Brazile and Cohen today, Limbaugh said:

Your guy [Obama] is no Messiah, your guy is no Jesus Christ. You gonna try to tell us next that Mary and Joseph were homeless all because Joseph forgot to guarantee ... the reservation at the inn? They show up homeless, get kicked out to the manger, Jesus is born, all of a sudden organizes 12 guys, says, "I'm gonna do miracles here but I can't do 'em for everybody. I'm gonna need health care. I'm gonna need government-sponsored health care, and I am going to promise to cut taxes on 95 percent of the people in Israel." Is that what we are next going to be told? This is just over the top. It is pathological. There is so much hatred coursing through these people's veins that it is impossible to understand and calculate.
    Limbaugh also objected to recent complaints saying references to Obama as a community organizer was veiled racism toward Obama.

"How can there be a racial overtone when Obama is black? He's already black," said Limbaugh.
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=74999
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I know Jesus Christ. I pray to Jesus Christ all the time," said Limbaugh." I study what Jesus Christ did and said all the time, and let me tell you something, Barack Obama, you are no Jesus Christ."

I'd been wondering when someone....anyone.......was finally going to snap under the weight of the relentless "messiah" campaign and say something.

Thank you Rush

He's 100% on the mark. This elevation of Obama to the status of Jesus Christ incarnate, IS patholigical and insane.

And here is the truly frightening part: Obama has never said a word to contradict the comparison

I mean, sure, one might expect some of his supporters to possibly become a little overzealous, maybe even fanatical. But, one would also expect him to, at some point, express his gratitude for such glowing testimony and loyal support, but remind everyone that he is ONLY a man....a mere mortal whom, in no way, shape, or form, can, or should, be compared to Jesus Christ, let alone be proclaimed, and celebrated as though he is, in fact, the Savior returned. Especially once this nonsense reached the ridiculous point that it has.

But, not once has he done anything to rein in this inane portrayal.

The interesting thing is going to be how Obama and his camp respond to Rush. The way Obama consistently puts his foot in his mouth, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear him respond in anger at being informed by Rush that he ISN'T Jesus.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)